PDA

View Full Version : Architecture or Real estate

Alonzo-ny
April 17th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Recent thread content has me asking what justifies a thread to go into the architecture forum or real estate. I know that the link and 200 chambers deserve now to be in real estate instead of architecture, but why isnt this gem in the architecture forum?

http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13406

http://www.pbase.com/image/77216235.jpg

NoyokA
April 17th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Usually more significant projects are put in New York Skyscrapers and Architecture. If this was posted in New York Skyscrapers I would have allowed it. The reason why I think it fits in New York Real Estate is because we don't know too much about this project yet. If this projects moves to the construction phase than it will be moved to Skyscrapers and Architecture like what was done with 785 Eighth Avenue.

BrooklynRider
April 17th, 2007, 10:36 PM
I do think that projects like The Link and 200 Chambers ought to moved from "Skyscrapers and Architecture" to "Real Estate" once the thread shifts from design, development and construction to finishes and unit-owner issues. 200 Chambers is at the top of "Skyscrapers and Architecture" and it really is a completed project. I suggest that the protocols here might want to take into consideration the greatly enhanced membership we now have due to condo buyers utilizing this site for building info. The Orion is a substantial building that was completed quite a while ago. That thread remains very active as it has become an owners forum. The Link, 200 Chambers, and other completed buildings should be moved. Perhaps the "Skyscrapers and Architecture" forum should be renamed: "New Skyscrapers and Architecture"

NoyokA
April 17th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Perhaps the "Skyscrapers and Architecture" forum should be renamed: "New Skyscrapers and Architecture"

If its not broke....

Especially since Skyscrapers and Architecture features topics about architecture and active discussions about many finished buildings such as the Empire State Building and the Hearst Tower.

If the discussion switches to tenant issues from the architectural discussion it will be moved to Real Estate such as with The Link.

BrooklynRider
April 18th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Cool - then check out 200 Chambers.

ZippyTheChimp
April 18th, 2007, 08:41 AM
^
We'll handle it case-by-case.

200 Chambers is not quite complete, although residents have moved in. I'm interested to see what sort of retail will lease.