PDA

View Full Version : People asking for id's

nyc_lover_chic
April 24th, 2007, 01:18 AM
How would you react if someone (a college age looking kid) randomly came up to you while you were out and about on the streets of NYC and offered to pay you directly $100-300 if you have them your id. This was an experience that happened to me

clubBR
April 24th, 2007, 01:29 AM
I'd say youre a cop. Poser

NoyokA
April 24th, 2007, 01:34 AM
Haha.

Schadenfrau
April 24th, 2007, 01:37 AM
I'd say the price is far too cheap. A passport costs close to the bottom range of those quotes, and when you factor in the inconvenience of getting a new ID, it's a waste.

How I'd react? A hearty "f*** you" would take care of things, and I'm sure you're already aware of that.

shocka
April 24th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Take their money and walk away.
I did this once to a kid who asked me to buy his cigs. I gave the money to the first homeless person i saw.

Some might say this is really mean, but then i think that if i bought that kid cigs its even worse.

NoyokA
April 24th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Take their money and walk away.
I did this once to a kid who asked me to buy his cigs. I gave the money to the first homeless person i saw.

Some might say this is really mean, but then i think that if i bought that kid cigs its even worse.

That's a great idea, I have been approached to buy random kids cigarettes on the street, I'm always shocked, and never know what to do.

Ninjahedge
April 24th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Just make sure they aren't bigger than you stern... :eek:

NoyokA
April 24th, 2007, 11:47 PM
With me its always been jail-bait girls. Whether I buy them cigarettes or not depends on whether I feel I have an out. If I take to long to think about it, I lose my out. Next time I'll just take their money and run, I've never stolen anything before, but it sounds like fun, and it would teach them both not to smoke and not to bother people on the street. This is New York afterall.

shocka
April 25th, 2007, 01:07 AM
if they are bigger then you then tell them to goto the corner store and ask for stoges. Say they never id. If they are dumb enough to believe u either they look like an AHole or get their stoges.

NoyokA
April 25th, 2007, 03:03 AM
Chances are if they're bigger than me, they're old enough to buy cigs.

Ninjahedge
April 25th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Chances are if they're bigger than me, they're old enough to buy cigs.

With all the hormones in milk these days... you never know.

But then again, I don't think there are any hormones in RedBull....

FrankHegly
April 25th, 2007, 09:38 AM
How would you react if someone (a college age looking kid) randomly came up to you while you were out and about on the streets of NYC and offered to pay you directly $100-300 if you have them your id. This was an experience that happened to me

I would notify the police. This is one of the ways identity fraud happens- sure they could be buying cigs or alchahol... or they could be selling on your ID to someone who is going to 'borrow' a car from a rental company etc.

Think if a kid has $300 on them... just to buy some cigs or a bit of booze then this sounds a little off to me. That kind of lose change is most probably to encourage you to hand it over no questions asked... be very wary.