PDA

View Full Version : What would be the new yorker style fashion?

trader
April 26th, 2007, 12:14 PM
if there ever was one...

More out of curiosity than anything...
with NY being one of the fashion capitals of the world and all...

OmegaNYC
April 26th, 2007, 12:18 PM
anything that's black.. ;)

Ninjahedge
April 26th, 2007, 02:07 PM
anything that's black.. ;)

Not.

lots of things really, all depends on where in NYC...

Lolita88
April 26th, 2007, 02:26 PM
I think it depends on who you are,where you are, and what time of year it is...atleast from what I have seen. I also think the reason it is a fashion capital is because of its diversity.:p

OmegaNYC
April 26th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Not.

lots of things really, all depends on where in NYC...

Just love stealing my joy. Don't cha, Ninja??

bronzenine
April 26th, 2007, 06:08 PM
is this a joke? the better question is, what isn't new york style?

Schadenfrau
April 26th, 2007, 09:16 PM
For the most part, I do think that New Yorkers are the best dressers in the country. I see tourists all day, every day, and I'm still amazed by how many of them consider jeans circa 1994 paired with logo t-shirts and athletic shoes to be a great look.

Not that people here dress to the nines every day, but the casual looks tend to be more polished than what you see elsewhere. Also, you can always spot NYC residents on the street in the wintertime- they tend to wear long coats as opposed to the short jackets you see in most other American locales.

NoyokA
April 26th, 2007, 09:27 PM
For the most part, I do think that New Yorkers are the best dressers in the country. I see tourists all day, every day, and I'm still amazed by how many of them consider jeans circa 1994 paired with logo t-shirts and athletic shoes to be a great look.

Not that people here dress to the nines every day, but the casual looks tend to be more polished than what you see elsewhere. Also, you can always spot NYC residents on the street in the wintertime- they tend to wear long coats as opposed to the short jackets you see in most other American locales.

Pea Coats in place of Puffy Jackets.

Schadenfrau
April 26th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Bingo.

ElMagnifico
April 26th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Depends on your age, taste, personal preferences, color-coordinating capabilities, sense of fashion-style, sexual orientation and financial standing.

Of course in order to avoid paying for $4 hotdogs, $150 cab rides from 21st to 48th, $100 bucks to go to the 'real' top of the ESB observation deck or even the temptation to invest significantly in Brooklyn Bridge Corp. stockshares, it's best if you do not dress like you're from the MidWest.:rolleyes:

Ninjahedge
April 27th, 2007, 08:58 AM
No mullets?

OmegaNYC
April 27th, 2007, 09:40 AM
No mullets?

Damn it!

MikeKruger
May 1st, 2007, 11:35 AM
uptown, Financial district: wear a suit and you will be fine

downtown and Williamsburg: hooded sweatshirt, low-rise jeans, converse and big sunglasses.

clubBR
May 2nd, 2007, 02:19 PM
NY fitted, hoody, white-T, jeans, and uptowns

Punzie
May 2nd, 2007, 06:38 PM
Pea Coats in place of Puffy Jackets.

Last winter, slightly puffy-sleeved coats and jackets made a comeback and...
*lost my train of thought*

Punzie
May 2nd, 2007, 09:54 PM
Oh, right, they were only for women.:D