PDA

View Full Version : Alternative parking for JFK

eds
May 23rd, 2007, 01:24 PM
Hello All, this is a great forum!

I have a question of my own: I am taking a flight from JFK and will be away for a month. At $15 per day, the parking fee becomes rather steep.

Can anyone recommend a reliable and secure parking place where I could park for a more reasonable amount and take public transportation to JFK?

MrSpice
May 27th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Hello All, this is a great forum!

I have a question of my own: I am taking a flight from JFK and will be away for a month. At $15 per day, the parking fee becomes rather steep.

Can anyone recommend a reliable and secure parking place where I could park for a more reasonable amount and take public transportation to JFK?

Go to Yahoo Yellow pages, find a few parking lots near Kennedy airport in Queens and call them up. They may give you a much better rate for a monthly rate.

antinimby
May 27th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Better yet, why don't you take the JFK Airtrain?

No need to look for parking, no expensive long term parking fees, no traffic headaches, save on gas, help the environment, no hassles and worry-free.

The Airtrain will take you right to the Terminal. Couldn't get any more convenient. ;)

http://www.urbanrail.net/am/nyrk/JFK-Air-Train1.jpg

antinimby
May 27th, 2007, 09:02 PM
http://www.thejoekorner.com/movies/jfkairtrain.gif

eds
May 29th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Thank you for the suggestions.
I do want to take Airtran to JFK, but still need parking. I live in upstate NY (~8hr drive to JFK) and will need to drive to MA prior coming to NYC.

I also found that Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) has free unregulated parking on some stations like Laurelton. Is it a safe option to leave the car on one of these spots? Then LIRR can deliver straight to the Airtran.

antinimby
May 29th, 2007, 12:15 PM
I don't recommend leaving your car there for an entire month though.

Seeing how you're going to need your car anyway, then maybe you should just look for cheaper airport parking near JFK.