PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

d_minimal_j
May 25th, 2007, 03:41 AM
Hi .. i live in romania and i`m gonna move to new york by the end of this year ... i have a few questions :

1. Can i find motorcycles for sale ? If so , at what price ? I`m interested in a >2000 49/125 cc engine ... ( Do i require a drivers license for 125 cc ? )

2. What offers can i find for a mobile phone , to surf the internet ? ... A Wap/GPRS offer .. ... thanks in advance ..

ati_m
May 25th, 2007, 07:54 AM
Cool, I was born i Romania..=)
how come you're moving to th city?

d_minimal_j
May 25th, 2007, 12:59 PM
my father won the greencard lottery .. and i`m moving there by the end of the year :) .. do you live in new york ?

P.S. : can you answer my first questions ? :D

ati_m
May 25th, 2007, 01:33 PM
He did? wow nice=)
Sorry I have no idea...

No I live in Sweden.. :(:( ..

Stian
May 25th, 2007, 04:11 PM
He did? wow nice=)
Sorry I have no idea...

No I live in Sweden.. :(:( ..

Wow! I lived in Sweden for 10 years, just moved to New York.

d_minimal_j
May 26th, 2007, 05:57 AM
doesn`t anyone now the answers for my questions ? :(

Schadenfrau
May 26th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Not many people ride motorcycles here. You do need a license to ride them.

I don't know how to answer your second question. If you want a cell phone, go to a store and buy one.

d_minimal_j
May 26th, 2007, 03:45 PM
offcourse i need a license.. here in romania , for the 49 cubic centimeters engine based motorbikes , i don`t need a license.. but .. for the 125cc engine i need license for that category of cc , and 16+ years old... :)

Schadenfrau
May 26th, 2007, 03:47 PM
So what are you asking, exactly?

d_minimal_j
May 26th, 2007, 03:51 PM
i am 16 years and 4 days old.. can i drive a 49 cc motorbike whitout a license / 125cc motorbike WITH a license ? :) . i reapeat , i`m 16 years and 4days old :)

Schadenfrau
May 26th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Like I told you before (and you claimed to understand), you need a license.

ManhattanKnight
May 26th, 2007, 04:09 PM
You need one. Period. The requirements:

http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/license.htm#Motorcycle

d_minimal_j
May 26th, 2007, 04:14 PM
sorry for the missunderstanding ... i`m not used to US laws ... :) .. so i`m 16 and i cand drive a motorbike.. whit a license... cool :D ..

ManhattanKnight
May 26th, 2007, 04:17 PM
:) .. so i`m 16 and i cand drive a motorbike.. whit a license... cool :D ..

Very cool. If you like, I can introduce you to my friend who became a paraplegic when riding a motorcycle at age 17.

d_minimal_j
May 26th, 2007, 04:31 PM
that's if you ride fast and stuff like that... i have plenty of friends here in romania with motorbikes and the worse thing that happend is a scratched knee :P ...

Schadenfrau
May 26th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Accidents can happen no matter how fast you're driving.

As I stated earlier, it's not common to ride motorbikes in New York City. Spend less time thinking about how you're going to tear around the city streets on a scooter and more time flexing your fingers to run that Metrocard through the subway turnstile.

d_minimal_j
May 26th, 2007, 04:39 PM
maybe you're right .. but i was so happy that i was going to buy a motorbike here ( before my father won the greencard )... i should wait to see myself there... or maybe buy a scooter instead of a motorbike :D

lofter1
May 26th, 2007, 06:21 PM
VESPA NYC (http://vespasoho.com/)

More INFO (http://newyork.citysearch.com/profile/36246165/new_york_ny/vespa_soho.html)

Be aware that in NYC you shouldn't just park your scooter and walk away (like folks do in some European cities).

Bikes, scooters, etc. which are left unlocked get STOLEN in NYC in about 3 seconds ... :(

d_minimal_j
May 27th, 2007, 04:13 AM
vespa`s are way to expensive.. :) .. 3000$ for a 50cc scooter :O .. in romania with 3000$ i cand buy 125cc aprilia rs ! .. or honda cbr125r ... :D .

Sunnygirl
May 28th, 2007, 09:16 PM
that's if you ride fast and stuff like that... i have plenty of friends here in romania with motorbikes and the worse thing that happend is a scratched knee :P ...

Not only do you need a license to drive a motorcycle in the states, but you simply can't compare traffic in Romania with traffic in NYC. I don't know what traffic is like in Romania, but I am guessing there is a lot less... which is why your friends are lucky to have only scratched knees. Do yourself (and your parents) a favor and get yourself a Metrocard when you get here, that way you can take the subway wherever you need to go.;)

d_minimal_j
May 30th, 2007, 01:42 AM
Would i be the onle one with a motorbike in NY ? :))

Punzie
May 30th, 2007, 03:08 AM
Would i be the onle one with a motorbike in NY ? :))
Sometimes innuendo gets lost in translation. Is this a serious question, or are you joking?