PDA

View Full Version : Recognize This Lobby?

jjk
June 5th, 2007, 01:33 AM
Can anyone recognize this lobby mock up? Wondering what building it's from.

jjk
June 5th, 2007, 05:14 PM
More info by the way: It's a new luxury rental building in Chelsea (I don't know if it's completed yet, the info I have states its construction date is 2007 maybe done maybe not). Fitness center in the building, sundeck, etc. More model pictures attached. Would appreciate any help please. I believe it's in the west 20s. (maybe even on w20).

MidtownGuy
June 5th, 2007, 05:35 PM
gee, what ugly interior shots! Looks cheap and shlocky for what they're probably charging to live there. The new highrises along Sixth in Chelsea
are all super-ugly.

User Name
June 5th, 2007, 08:02 PM
They look more like renderings than actual photos. But still, quite schlocky --although the minimalist in me likes them just a bit, maybe I should let him out.

lofter1
June 5th, 2007, 08:06 PM
That's good ^^^ because that kitchen is about as minimalist in size as you can get -- it's what, like 25 sf?

bronzenine
June 5th, 2007, 09:41 PM
They look more like renderings than actual photos. But still, quite schlocky --although the minimalist in me likes them just a bit, maybe I should let him out.

I believe they are renderings...?

NoyokA
June 6th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Spammers are getting more clever by the day...

NoyokA
June 6th, 2007, 12:34 AM
I'm just waiting for the "oh, I found out what it is, its so and so condo here with these great amenities".

jjk
June 6th, 2007, 12:43 AM
I saw a posting on this building from a broker. And I liked it, and it's quite reasonably priced compared to other nyc luxury rentals. 3 bedroom on the 22nd floor for 5,500 with 1 month free. I don't like dealing with brokers so I want to find out what building this is.

But if you guys think it's ugly, I'm more than happy to hear suggestions for luxury 3br rentals for that price range because I haven't been able to find any.

Stern, you're a moderator. I used to moderate boards on AOL back in 1998. I thought moderators are supposed to be helpful rather than encouraging board posters to dismiss this thread? I guess the role has changed since I used to be a moderator :)

NoyokA
June 6th, 2007, 01:14 AM
I saw a posting on this building from a broker. And I liked it, and it's quite reasonably priced compared to other nyc luxury rentals. 3 bedroom on the 22nd floor for 5,500 with 1 month free. I don't like dealing with brokers so I want to find out what building this is.

But if you guys think it's ugly, I'm more than happy to hear suggestions for luxury 3br rentals for that price range because I haven't been able to find any.

Stern, you're a moderator. I used to moderate boards on AOL back in 1998. I thought moderators are supposed to be helpful rather than encouraging board posters to dismiss this thread? I guess the role has changed since I used to be a moderator :)

Spare me. You have no posts to your name and you make a propaganda post of renderings and then you sell it with “more info by the way”. Fitness center in the building, sundeck, etc. I wasn’t sure you were a spammer until I read your last post, I’m still giving you the benefit of the doubt since I haven’t banned you yet, perhaps you’re for real and you’ll still yet tell us a little about yourself and create actual posts in other threads. But I’m not buying it, I deal with brokers, I’ve never heard of such things. A broker gave you all these renderings, a price, everything that the building has, a real sell job that you were nice enough to pass along to us, every stat you would need to know, but doesn’t give you an address. That doesn’t happen. Why don't you just contact the "broker" then, addresses aren’t trade secrets. I’ve been moderating here for awhile and it never ceases to amaze me how new and clever approaches to spam are developed, I have a gut feeling that you are in fact the broker.

I made a thread for brokers:

http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4965

I do have to give you credit though, give us every little piece of information, street it's on, year it was built, storeys, renderings, all without knowing the address (right) so that we can guess it and then you can tell us more. Clever, clever, clever.

jjk
June 6th, 2007, 02:29 AM
If you deal with brokers, you should know that a broker will not give you the address of an apartment before you sign a fee agreement with him because you could otherwise circumvent the broker and go to the apartment yourself, especially if it's got a management office.

I saw a posting on a broker website with the details mentioned. I'm sure I could contact the broker, sign an agreement with the broker, and find out the address when he showsme the apartment. Unfortunately, I think brokers are scumbags and don't want to have to deal with one, so I won't.

At any rate I won't be posting relevations about the apartment once you guess what building it's in because I have no idea what building the apartment is in nor do I have any interest in selling services or apartments here. That's the best way I can think of proving that I'm not a broker or spammer.

I'll PM you with the listing where I got the info that I posted just to show you how it's possible to have all the information I provided without actually knowing the building address. And I'm PMing you because I have no interest in advertising for a broker here.

Schadenfrau
June 6th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Say, here's an idea: walk down West 20th and look for the giant "luxury" condo under construction. I don't think it will be too hard to miss.

Front_Porch
June 6th, 2007, 10:53 AM
It is part of the code of ethics that New York City agents (and New Jersey agents for that matter) must include address information with a listing. I bet this listing is fake, trolling for bait-and-switch clients.

A 3-BR in a new building in Chelsea for $5,500? C'mon.

ali r.
{downtown broker}

Punzie
June 9th, 2007, 01:21 PM
JJK: By any chance, are you quoting a web page from Realtor.com?

There they post renderings of a place, mockups, photos of everything including the kitchen sink, facts galore -- everything but the address.

Many people guess where their place of interest is; check the place out; contact the landlord/owner; and attempt to directly negotiate a rental/purchase -- bypassing the broker and fees. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I was wondering if that's what you had in mind. No need to answer me, I was just wondering.

And listen to Front Porch about bait-and-switch realtors. Unfortunately, Realtor.com harbors some. I have much personal experience with that website.

jjk
June 18th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Yep, Rapunzel that's exactly the reason. I've had nothing but bad experiences with brokers so I'd rather not deal with them. On that note I saw someone post (on Craig's list, not Tribeca) the following picture for a new construction building, anyone can help me out with what building it is?