PDA

View Full Version : Detailed Model of the Empire State Building: how could I obtain one for free?

Joelio
June 6th, 2007, 12:42 AM
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this... so if not please move it :)

I really need a detailed model of the Empire State Building to add to a NYC model I'm editing (I got a New York model and I'm trying to detail a portion of it). Does anyone have a high-detail one that they can provide me for free? Any contribution would be much appreciated.

The purpose of the model is to ultimately be used for some sort of movie, although I haven't figured out the plot yet.

Thanks all :)

Punzie
June 6th, 2007, 06:52 AM
You got the correct forum, Joelio. I just retitled the thread.

A new member asking for this would be regarded with a raised eyebrow. But most people here know you and your genuine fascination with the building; yours is a legitimate request. Good luck!

MikeKruger
June 6th, 2007, 02:37 PM
have you looked at 3dcafe?

Joelio
June 6th, 2007, 03:01 PM
You got the correct forum, Joelio. I just retitled the thread.

Saw that when I checked my emails ;)

A new member asking for this would be regarded with a raised eyebrow. But most people here know you and your genuine fascination with the building; yours is a legitimate request. Good luck!

I sort of realised that as well... I remember on MaxRealms people told me to bugger off when I asked for a 3d Model of New York. :(

(I eventually got one for free that was accurate and had everything, but it was just without textures. But I still love it to death. Now, to persuade me parents to buy me 2 GB of RAM just to use the model will be tricky... :D)

have you looked at 3dcafe?

No, I was looking at Turbosquid... I'll have a look now :) Cheers!

Joelio
June 6th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Well I found one on Turbosquid that's only $106... ($80 in the USA)

NOW to persuade my parents to loan me the money... :confused:

NoyokA
June 6th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Google Earth has a 3-d model of the empire state building.

Joelio
June 7th, 2007, 01:39 AM
Google Earth has a 3-d model of the empire state building.

400th post!!

Yeah, I have that. It's actually what I need, but the only problem is that can't import the bloody thing into my program... and Google Sketchup isn't powerful enough to support what I'm aiming to do.

It's a damn good model though...

Punzie
June 7th, 2007, 03:58 AM
Glad to see that you got your model so quickly. One of these days you're going to be looking for another type of model; let's hope that you get that one as quickly.;)

The moderators are boosting their efforts to get members to write more descriptive titles so that searches are easier and more comprehensive. I'm telling you this first because you're the youngest.

(Just kidding! -- I'm telling you first because I'm replying to your post first.:))

Joelio
June 7th, 2007, 05:08 AM
Glad to see that you got your model so quickly. One of these days you're going to be looking for another type of model; let's hope that you get that one as quickly.;)

The moderators are boosting their efforts to get members to write more descriptive titles so that searches are easier and more comprehensive. I'm telling you this first because you're the youngest.

(Just kidding! -- I'm telling you first because I'm replying to your post first.:))

Well I didn't really get it so quickly... in theory I have to wait another month and earn the money first. That'll take another 5 weeks or so. GOD I hate my parents... they are the only parents I know that have never given their child money (or, THIS child... they do it for my brother all the time...) upon request. I know I sound selfish, but EVERYONE ELSE in my class gets money from their parents when they ask... $H!7...

(^^ if necessary, delete that "word" above... sorry...)