PDA

View Full Version : King Kong's New York City

Joelio
June 8th, 2007, 05:21 AM
Rapunzel: Working on that thing you told me about the titles ;)

Anyway:

For those New Yorkers who have seen King Kong, what did you think of the New York that was featured in the film? Did it feel realistic, did it give you the same impression of New York as it does these days? Did the places look believable?

Please note I do NOT want posts explaining what people thought about the film. The thread is about the NYC only, I don't want to start some arguments regarding the movie. (I loved it :p).

Thanks all.

Punzie
June 8th, 2007, 06:39 AM
Rapunzel: Working on that thing you told me about the titles ;):confused:

Joelio
June 8th, 2007, 07:00 AM
:confused:

*Sigh* getting people to make their titles more clear. Unless that was a joke. I was very tired at the time... *yawn* have been for months. :o If that's the case then I just completely embarrassed myself and I feel real stink.

Riiiiight....

(It's 11 o'clock at night... sorry.)

Punzie
June 8th, 2007, 08:07 AM
*Sigh* getting people to make their titles more clear. Unless that was a joke.Oh, that wasn't a joke. The moderators really would like people to make their titles descriptive.

Descriptive titles are such a big help when members and guests search the forum. And you can be sure that on a major New York City website, "King Kong" is searched for often.;):D

You may have been getting increasingly tired over the months because the southern hemisphere daylight has been decreasing. Many people have energy levels that are directly correlated with the amount of daylight they get. In fact, there is a medical diagnosis/conditon called Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). If you want to discuss this, feel free to start a topic. I would definitely have a lot to contribute to it.

I look forward to your providing us with a synopsis and critique of the movie, and it would be interesting to find out what your fellow Aucklanders thought.:)

Joelio
June 8th, 2007, 05:54 PM
You may have been getting increasingly tired over the months because the southern hemisphere daylight has been decreasing. Many people have energy levels that are directly correlated with the amount of daylight they get. In fact, there is a medical diagnosis/conditon called Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). If you want to discuss this, feel free to start a topic. I would definitely have a lot to contribute to it.

I look forward to your providing us with a synopsis and critique of the movie, and it would be interesting to find out what your fellow Aucklanders thought.:)

Lol, SAD. That is Sad. :D Pretty funny though.

Um, I wasn't going to give a synopsis... but I guess... I can...

(Actually, because the story is so complicated, I'll just steal one from IMDB :p)

Set in the 1930s, this is the story of a young and beautiful actress Ann Darrow from the world of vaudeville who finds herself lost in depression-era New York and her luck changes when she meets an over-ambitious filmmaker Carl Denham who brings her on an exploratory expedition to a remote island where she finds compassion and the true meaning of humanity with an ape Kong. The beauty and the beast finally meet their fate back in the city of New York where the filmmaker takes and displays the ape in quest of his fame by commercial exploitation which ultimately leads to catastrophe for everyone including a playwright Jack Driscoll who falls in love with Ann and plays an unlikely hero by trying to save her from Kong and her destiny.

I'll try and find a pic of the NYC model so you can all see :)