PDA

View Full Version : New York vs Toronto

Chadster
June 23rd, 2007, 02:38 PM
I've heard some people say that Toronto looks so much like New York.
I personally can't agree.
Unless they refer to the fact that Toronto has almost eveything New York has.(subway system,sky high skyscrapers,ferry boat service,chinatown,international airport,etc...)
One thing Toronto has that New York doesn't is streetcars.
Not to mention,Toronto's subway stations are cleaner and more attractive.
However I find Toronto's skyline to look too modern.New York's skyline is much more colourful with much more character.
Plus I'm told that New York City is big enough to fit three Torontos.

What's your feeling on this?

Punzie
June 23rd, 2007, 03:05 PM
I'm hopelessly biased towards New York. Every time I lived in, worked in, or even visited another city, I always found New York pulling me back, as if each skyscraper were a magnet.

Would you like to have a poll with this topic? You could write the question, the answer options (up to 10), the poll's expiration date (if any), and I could input it. Also let me know if you'd like the respondents to be anonymous or have usernames; and if you'd like the poll to be multiple choice or multi-vote.

You may also be interested in looking at this thread:
TORONTO VS SYDNEY (http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4045)

Chadster
June 24th, 2007, 12:35 AM
Sure.A poll would be good.

Punzie
June 24th, 2007, 12:53 AM
. . . write the question, the answer options (up to 10), the poll's expiration date (if any), and I could input it. Also let me know if you'd like the respondents to be anonymous or have usernames; and if you'd like the poll to be multiple choice or multi-vote.

If you're unable to start a poll now, please give this ^^^ info and I'll start a poll for you.

ablarc
June 25th, 2007, 07:52 AM
^ Might look lopsided (not a Toronto forum).

Punzie
June 27th, 2007, 01:30 AM
True, it might be lopsided -- depends on the question.

One poll I'd like to see is -- with the names of the respondents shown -- is: "Where would you rather live, NYC or Toronto?" I'd especially be interested in seeing what out-of-towners chose. Also, I wonder if there would be any surprises?