PDA

View Full Version : Animated gif warning

Fabrizio
July 4th, 2007, 09:37 AM
I'm wondering if the forum could somehow incorporate an "animated gif warning" in the title of threads that have an animated gif.

That way we could decide if we want to look at stuff like this:

http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14383

Perhaps it could be an icon of a lady-bug with blonde hair. Something like that.

NoyokA
July 4th, 2007, 11:47 AM
Perhaps it could be an icon of a lady-bug with blonde hair. Something like that.

Just curious, what are you really trying to say?

Fabrizio
July 4th, 2007, 02:05 PM
I was throwing out ideas of what the "animated gif warning" could be. I think it would be best to have some sort of icon that would automatically appear at the top of the thread when an animated gif is inserted. That way when see the icon, we would know there's an animated gif, and we could avoid having to scroll through long-lashed skunks writing valentines to kittens. That sort of thing.

---

lofter1
July 4th, 2007, 03:10 PM
kitty hater ^^^ :p

Fabrizio
July 4th, 2007, 05:25 PM
I'd have the hair professionaly done with depth and highlights.

BrooklynRider
July 4th, 2007, 08:27 PM
I'd have the hair professionaly done with depth and highlights.

You have me laughing my ass off. Your post does beg for the following footnote post:

http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/showpost.php?p=170878&postcount=253

With regard to the animated gif suggestion, I second that request.

NoyokA
July 5th, 2007, 12:59 AM
As far as my personal view on animated gifs, I don't like them. I feel it cheapens the forum. I think they should especially be absent from City Guide and Skyscrapers and Architecture forums, especially since the conversation is intellectual and thoughtful and is occassionally cited because of this. I have no problem with animated gifs being posted in the Community Center, because it is a forum where there are no formalities, it can however reflect negatively on the poster depending on the topic and the irrelevance. However there is no official stance on the use of animated gifs, the decision is Edward's. I do find it ironic however that the thread originator has recently advocated a more loosely structured forum, but is advocating a ban per say on expression, you can't have it both ways.

Fabrizio
July 5th, 2007, 03:23 AM
Oh, it's not a ban. It's only an animated gif WARNING.

Now, if those pics of Salma Hayek stated moving, THEN I might call for a ban.

Ninjahedge
July 5th, 2007, 12:24 PM
It is more like he is surfing at work and it is easier to convince your boss that you are looking at something work related that does not have a giant mouse moving a human around on a "human-pad".

Am I pretty close there Fab? ;)

Fabrizio
July 5th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Especially if the mouse is smoking a cigar.