PDA

View Full Version : Subway Lost & Found

luke77
July 24th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Hi all,

This is probably unanswerable, but I figured I'd try...I left my cell phone on the subway this past Sunday. I know it is probably gone forever, but perhaps someone turned it in. I talked to the attendant in the station and she gave me the number of the lost and found for the subway system. I called them today and the lady on the other end said that they might recieve it, but that all items found on the subway don't get to them for 7-10 business days after they are found. She didn't know where they were before that. Does anyone have any idea where lost and found items are held before they go to the "lost and found warehouse" in Penn Station? Where would my phone be being held now if it was turned in?

Thanks,
Luke

ThisIsntMyRealName
July 27th, 2007, 07:25 PM
Have you tried calling the # just out of curiousity? What happened?

NoyokA
July 28th, 2007, 10:51 PM
I hate to say it, but it's gone. Even the people I know in NYC that I consider to have the highest morals have found and used other peoples phones.

luke77
July 29th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Have you tried calling the # just out of curiousity? What happened?

I didn't think to call the number until I got home much later that day, and noone answered. I canceled the phone after that, so nothing happening there...

ablarc
August 4th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Even the people I know in NYC that I consider to have the highest morals have found and used other peoples phones.
Well, next-to-highest, perhaps.

NoyokA
August 7th, 2007, 12:34 AM
I'm still waiting to find an i-phone.