PDA

View Full Version : Any advice please!

mattuk87
September 21st, 2007, 05:49 PM
Hi,

I'm from the UK and i'm about to start my last year at university where I study Television Production Professional Practice. Once i finish i'd like to move to New York for maybe 4 or more months. I have family that live in Huntington, Long Island so i was thinking of staying with them for a couple of weeks and then maybe trying to go it alone. I realise that 4 months isn't a long time to be renting an apartment for so if theres any other options could you please tell me. Also, if there is anybody on here in the Media industry could you please give me a little information about the industry in New York and finally i'm a bit confused when it comes to visa's, permits etc. Can i just fly over to American, stay with my family but work for instance in a supermarket for 4 months? Is that possible? Last thing, promise. I've been driving in England for 3 years, will i be able to drive in America or do i need to take a test.

Any advice at all would be very helpful, i just want to get out of this crummy little town i live in, it makes me so depressed and i'm only 20. I want to live life.

Peace!

Matt
http://wirednewyork.com/forum/images/misc/progress.gif