PDA

View Full Version : I was curious.

Joelio
October 19th, 2007, 05:18 AM
I belong to like, 7 different forums. Out of those 7, Wired New York is the only one that isn't constantly locking threads (which is a good thing ;)).

But why is this? Do you mods trust us not to bump up old threads? Or do you simply not care if threads are bumped?

Please explain. :confused:

BrooklynRider
October 22nd, 2007, 10:37 PM
I suspect the difference is that our forum members respect the rules and make an effort to find threads before creating new ones. As for bumping up threads, there really is no reason to do that here because of the volume of traffic and new content that constantly gets posted. The active threads are actually representative of what is active in the New York community in any of the given forums.

No one wants this to become a garbage site. Posts only get locked if they repeat a topic previously posted (in which case the closing of the thread will redirect readers) or if discourse gets out of hand and civility is lost. Offensive threads of sexual, violent or advertising nature will magically disappear.

It boils down to the fact that we have a high level of maturity and courtesy here and the forum membership membership as a whole is committed to quality.

Joelio
October 23rd, 2007, 02:38 AM
Makes sense. That's pretty much what I thought, but thanks for clarifying. :)