PDA

View Full Version : Colleges in New York with Construction Management

philvia
October 20th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Hi this is my first post here in WiredNY forums, but i've been lurking for quite a long time :)

Anyways, i'm 18 and live in Tennessee near Memphis and I go to school right now for business. I have always had a passion for skyscrapers and architecture and I have always wanted to move to NY. My boyfriend is moving there in two years and that's when I was planning to move there. But most of the classes i'm taking now at my college won't transfer to the colleges in NY. So it's kind of a waste i think to stay here much longer.

I'm hoping next year (fall 2008) to go to school in NYC. I want to go for a Construction Management degree and so far I have only found Pratt Institute to have a program for that. Tuition there is $29,000 per year for 4 years. I was wondering (and hoping) that someone here would know any other colleges in NYC that offer a CM degree, but with much cheaper tuition, such as a City University. There's hundreds of colleges in New York and i know one must have what i'm looking for at a reasonable tuition.

Anyone got any ideas or suggestions? :D

BrooklynRider
October 20th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Steven's Institute across the Hudson in Jersey (very good engineering school.)
NYC Technical College (I think this is CUNY) and Polytechnic in Brooklyn.