PDA

View Full Version : The new Red Sox

kz1000ps
October 28th, 2007, 01:44 AM
There's been a good amount of talk in the media lately about the Red Sox and how they're becoming a new Empire in baseball - similar in reputation to the Yankees - and how they've gone from being the perennial underdogs to just another team with lots of money and lots of wins. Their entire image was defined by the pain they felt for so many years; those scrappy losers, those lovable Idiots.

And now, the Sox, not to mention Boston-based sports in general, are up to their heads in victories, many of them predictably so.

It seems as though national opinions of the Sox has crossed a line to which there won't be going back for a generation or two (same in New England, but with opposing opinions), and I'm wondering what you guys think of this and how it relates to the Yanks' role in the league and the nation. The way I see it: who's good and who's evil isn't so clear anymore.

kz1000ps
October 28th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Surely someone has an opinion on the sox... come on, speak up.

NYatKNIGHT
October 29th, 2007, 09:54 AM
I agree with a lot of that assessment except for the comparisons to the Yankees. When the Sox stay on top for the good part of a century and win about 20 more World Series then I'll take the comparison more seriously.