PDA

View Full Version : Roomates

nyc_lover_chic
October 30th, 2007, 01:40 PM
I currently share a wonderful 2 bedroom apartment in Brooklyn with two other roomates(guys), They share a room and I have my own. However once our lease ends M wants us to get a 4+ bedroom apt and have more people live with us. We are all college students and I feel that living with soo many people will be almost the same or have the same feel as living in a dorm ex: people being loud, messy, bringing other friends over etc- something i wasnt to fond of in my freshman yr. Myself and H want to either renew the lease or look for another 2 bedroom. We live in an ideal neibhorhood with everything we need around us, however M wants to move East a few more blocks and look for a larger apartment. M thinks that it will be cheaper to get a large loft with more people, but yes maybe it will be cheaper but I am more concerned about the convienience more than the cost. Does my issue make sense or am I just way to paranoid.

Front_Porch
October 30th, 2007, 03:44 PM
You're right that living with three other people feels very different from living with two other people -- three people can pal around, and form a kind of elastic triangle where two bond, and then the odd one out comes back in again, and then two others bond -- with four people, it almost always ends up being two and two, and the social interactions are much more "set."

Not that that's necessarily bad, but it does feel different.

ali r.
{downtown broker}

Schadenfrau
October 30th, 2007, 04:02 PM
You're certainly going to have an easier time finding a 2-bedroom apartment than you would a 4-bedroom.

Alonzo-ny
November 4th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Having lived in a dorm, with one other and 3 others, the 3 others was the best set up but you cant judge unless you know the people.