PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in a first sight love like this?

Zerlina
November 11th, 2007, 05:50 PM
That's the history...
NYGirlofMyDreams is a website that was created by Patrick Moberg, 21, who is a web designer in Brooklyn. While riding the subway home in New York Patrick Moberg saw a girl that he claims to have fallen in love at first sight. He was not able to get close enough to talk to her while the subway was moving and when the train stopped he was not able to catch up to her. So in attempt to find the girl of his dreams he created a website in a desperate search to find her again.
On NYGirlofMyDreams Patrick Moberg drew a picture of the girl giving details to things that he saw on her. He also drew a picture of himself and put his cell phone number and email address. He wrote details of when they were both of the subway and which stop they got off at. The crazy thing is that word spread and he began to receive hundreds of emails and phone calls from people that thought they might know who the girl is. Surprisingly he got a phone call from a friend of the girl and soon after received a picture of her to see if it really was the girl he saw on the subway.
The girls name is Camille Hayton, 22, who works as an intern for BlackBook magazine. It will be interesting to see what happens with this, although it seems that Patrick Moberg and Camille Hayton have pulled back out of the public eye to see if this love is meant to be. In the meantime New Yorkers are dieing to find out more about what happens with the two, to see if things work out. They did after all help in him finding the girl in the huge city of New York. If we hear any more breaking news (http://thenewsleak.com/)regarding this story we will provide an update. In the mean time NYGirlofMyDreams just has a picture saying “I Found Her.”

Radiohead
November 11th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Best of luck to them. Lucky guy, as whenever I ride the subway, this is usually what I get......

http://www.improveverywhere.com/images/nopants3_18.jpg

Meerkat
November 11th, 2007, 11:37 PM
^ Yeah, me too.....

Sounds a bit like that song by James Blunt 'You're Beautiful'.

My life is brilliant.
My love is pure.
I saw an angel.
Of that I'm sure.
She smiled at me on the subway.
She was with another man.
But I won't lose no sleep on that,
'Cause I've got a plan.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw you face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.

Alonzo-ny
November 12th, 2007, 12:01 AM
The kind of story to keep you going through life with faith it can happen to you.

Zerlina
November 12th, 2007, 03:37 PM
^ Yeah, me too.....

Sounds a bit like that song by James Blunt 'You're Beautiful'.

My life is brilliant.
My love is pure.
I saw an angel.
Of that I'm sure.
She smiled at me on the subway.
She was with another man.
But I won't lose no sleep on that,
'Cause I've got a plan.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw you face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never be with you.

It was my first thought... and the second is... could it really happen to me too?:eek:

Fabrizio
November 12th, 2007, 04:38 PM
It happened to me... and this is true: I went to see a B'way show and I fell in love from the audience with a person on stage. In love. Obsessed.

I did not know this person's story, but I did everything possible to meet and I'll make a long story short: we were together for 9 years.

--

Alonzo-ny
November 12th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Fab, i still have trouble figuring out whether or not you really live here or in Tuscana?

Did you live here for a while?

Meerkat
November 12th, 2007, 05:53 PM
It happened to me... and this is true: I went to see a B'way show and I fell in love from the audience with a person on stage. In love. Obsessed.

I did not know this person's story, but I did everything possible to meet and I'll make a long story short: we were together for 9 years.
--

Are you still together? A very nice story - you should elaborate; i'm hopelessly romantic and still live in hope of meeting the elusive 'one'.....

I fell in love with someone when i was 18, right from when we first met, no happy ending there though.

Maybe i should start spending more time on the tube.

Fabrizio
November 12th, 2007, 06:00 PM
Still together? I was royally dumped for one of the leads on a TV police show.

For Lofter:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_police_shows

lofter1
November 12th, 2007, 06:21 PM
Is it remotely possible that you were dumped for someone whose last name starts with a "T" :confused:

ManhattanKnight
November 12th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Sad . . . .

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/6381/tduh9.jpg

pricedout
November 12th, 2007, 06:32 PM
My story isn't THAT dramatic. I met my husband on a blind date. He was nervous, drank too much, and I thought he was smart, funny, cute, decent and balding (that was 1988). It's almost 20 years later, and the only thing that is different is that he has a bit less hair. He's a great person, husband and father.

I think being open to opportunity is the best thing we can do for ourselves (although perhaps not TOO open).

Fabrizio
November 12th, 2007, 06:33 PM
My socks!

zupermaus
November 13th, 2007, 06:44 AM
Thats a gorgeous tale Zerlina, I hope it works out for them.

The same thing (in)famously happened in London this summer. A lovesick German tourist called Melanie Speth secretly took a photo on her phone of a good looking local, and emailed the pic to her friends. Typical as these things go her email spread round the world, and was put into Londons daily papers too - 'Have you seen this man?'. The man in question came into work 2 days later to a standing ovation, completely unawares his picture was plastered all over the web.

After he went over to Germany for a date with the girl...

edit* found the original picture she took:

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2007/01/tubeman_450x554.jpg

the follow up story:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/179/373621044_55e7e1f605_o.jpg

zupermaus
November 13th, 2007, 06:57 AM

--

More! More! Tell us everything.

Fabrizio
November 13th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Nah...no way... except to say that I was rather new to NYC and 21... a time when we believe in miracles, are blindly self assured and bold.

(not to mention cute)

For Lofter:

http://theatredb.com/QYear.php?year=1977&place=Broadway

--

zupermaus
November 13th, 2007, 08:22 AM
ok, we dont need names n dates, just how exactly did you woo him/her/the object of your affections into a meet, date, and ultimately relationship?

This is the first Ive ever heard of such a thing happening, especially in a case of someone 'famous' eg from audience to stage.

Zerlina
November 13th, 2007, 05:02 PM

--
What a romance!!! It's like a dream...:)

Meerkat
November 15th, 2007, 08:23 AM
This story has made it into the papers in the UK. They've met up, but the article doesn't say how they got on.

Interesting to see how this turns out.

lorcar
August 25th, 2008, 07:57 PM
found this thread by chance and I am shocked by Fabrizio's story! plz we are all dying to know what you did after you saw her!

Gregory Tenenbaum
August 26th, 2008, 08:57 AM
I met my Czech actress gf at a tram stop one winter night in the coldest winter in 50 years. I was determined to do whatever it took to woo her including washing my clothes and brushing my teeth.

Gregory Tenenbaum
August 26th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Now I restrict myself to calling random numbers stored on my cellphone and saying "Are you free tonight?"

Meerkat
August 26th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Now I restrict myself to calling random numbers stored on my cellphone and saying "Are you free tonight?"

You mean you call them on the nights they don't charge a fee?

Ninjahedge
August 27th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Retirees never charge a fee!

At least, they never charged ME....oop.....