PDA

View Full Version : Weirdness

Alonzo-ny
November 24th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Why is NY for visitors the only forum that after i read all new posts and go back to the index still shows new posts, but after re entering the forum to find no new posts only then does it show the correct no new posts symbol at the index?

ZippyTheChimp
November 25th, 2007, 07:51 AM
Just checked. Worked OK for me.

Alonzo-ny
November 25th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Maybe Im special.

stache
November 25th, 2007, 06:34 PM
When you click the back button you go back to the way the prior page looked previously. After you click the back button, try clicking the 'refresh' icon. Does this make sense?

Alonzo-ny
November 25th, 2007, 07:09 PM
I click on the WNY forum link at the top of the screen to return to the index but it still occurs.

ZippyTheChimp
November 25th, 2007, 07:56 PM
Yes alonzo, you're special.

Alonzo-ny
November 25th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Yay!

BrooklynRider
November 26th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Scroll down. Maybe there is a thread you failed to open. It could set the forum at "unread posts" if there's one you missed. It happens to me at times.

Ninjahedge
November 27th, 2007, 09:57 AM
The old thread/unread can be REALLY old and still make the forum show itself as having something new.

You have to start looking at the date of the last post to get an idea if anything new was posted.... :(

stache
November 27th, 2007, 07:42 PM
go to 'quick links' then click 'mark forums read' in the drop down menu.

NYatKNIGHT
November 30th, 2007, 09:21 AM
It does sound like you have an unread thread in that forum, maybe it's on another page?

Ninjahedge
November 30th, 2007, 10:38 AM
stache, that would unmark ALL of your posts though. If tehre were some in one forum subsection that you would want to read later, you are pretty much removing all your bookmarks....

It might be a good idea to see if there was a way to make it so that that feature could be applied not only to the entire forum, but to individual forum sections or subsections.

Wherever you are when you click it, everything "below" would be marked as read.

Alonzo-ny
November 30th, 2007, 10:48 AM
No the weird thing is after i return to the index and re enter the forum to find no unread posts, i then return to the index and the forum now shows no unread posts even though i didnt open any thread.

Its like i have to leave, re enter and leave again before it shows the accurate current state of posts.

brianac
November 30th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Alonzo. Before you think you are doing something wrong. I think I should say that I have had exactly the same thing happen to me.

As you say. You open a section, read all new posts, close the section, and it still shows that there are unread posts. Go back in and there are no unread posts, exit again and this time it clears.

It does not happen every time, just occasionally.

Perhaps it has something to do with Nationality.

Alonzo-ny
December 1st, 2007, 12:49 PM
Lol yeah must be! for me it only seems to ever happen in NY Visitors forum and no other.

stache
December 1st, 2007, 01:38 PM
Maybe the forum is special -