PDA

View Full Version : Holiday gift - (possible free money)!

stache
December 8th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Last week I received a document from the U.S. district court (Philadelphia) informing me of a class action settlement against Visa, Mastercard & Diners Club regarding international ATM withdrawals and credit card purchases. First of all I'm wondering if anyone else here has received this document as well. If you haven't, it looks to me like the settlement money is available to any U.S. citizen that has (a) traveled outside of the U.S. between 2/1/96 and 11/8/06 and (b) used your credit card during any of these international trips. There are three different ways to collect. The easy way is refund option #1, which gives you a flat $25.00. Option #2, which I'm doing, asks you to list the number of days you spent outside of the U.S. I am unclear on the settlement amount for this option. Option #3 is complicated and they're looking for year to year documentation for this payout (1% to 3% of foreign transaction maximum). You can look into getting in on this if you are eligible by going to www.ccfsettlement.com or call 1-800-945-9890. I'm wishing everybody good luck regarding this.

From the website -You may submit a claim if you made a foreign transaction between February 1, 1996 and November 8, 2006 with a U.S.-issued Visa-, MasterCard-, or Diners Club-branded card. Only the primary card holder (the person who is primarily responsible for payment) on an account may submit a claim. If you choose to submit a claim, you may do so only once.

Front_Porch
December 8th, 2007, 04:48 PM
We got them too. I'd like to point out that claiming the $25 doesn't mean you'll receive it -- I fully expect that the suit will be flooded with claims, and we'll all get checks for four cents.

ali r.
{downtown broker}

stache
December 8th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Or perhaps a lump of coal?

BrooklynRider
December 9th, 2007, 12:56 AM
I got it too.

If they have my name (because they know I was a victim of the crime), why not just send the check? I'm not responding to it. I don't need to send a written copy of all my most critical and private data to an entity I have no trust in.

stache
December 16th, 2007, 03:04 AM
Go to http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=17265338 - 4 minutes 20 seconds -

MidtownGuy
December 21st, 2007, 01:03 PM
I wonder why I have received nothing regarding this. I was out of the country at least 7 weeks last year and used my debit cards a lot.:confused:

stache
December 31st, 2007, 10:52 AM
If you were out of the U.S. before Nov.8, 2006, you should call the 800#. Good luck!