PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Fabrizio?

macreator
February 5th, 2008, 07:00 AM
I noticed that Fabrizio appears to be a "Banned User" now --- what happened? :confused:

BrooklynRider
February 5th, 2008, 08:12 AM
I think one of the Mods gave him a mandatory vacation. He should be back today, well rested, and ready to go.

Fabrizio
February 5th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Oh I got banned because I called another forum member "a bore".

It will not happen again and I apologize.

But you gotta remember, where I come from, calling someone a bore is not an insult. Have you ever spent any lesuire time with a European?

Every 5th word is "bore" or "boring". (pronounced "borwing")

For instance:

"We went to the Museum of Modern Art ....it was so boring"

"It was snowing really hard so we let this couple share our cab. It turned out to be Madonna and Sting ....it was so boring"

"I won the 50 million dollar state Lottery ...it was so boring"

So, if someone from over here calls you a "bore" there is nothing to be insulted about.

And what is REALLY amazing to me, is that a few weeks ago, someone here called another forumer a "troll. He said: "you are a troll".

Now THAT's nasty. But did he get banned? No.

What would you rather be called? A bore or a troll?

Let me give an example to better illustrate my point: remember in the opening of "The Sound of Music" where the nuns are dissing Julie Andrews? And they start singing about her?

They sing:

"She is gentle! She is wild!
She's a riddle! She's a child!
She's a headache! She's an angel!
She's a girl!"

Now, if you throw in "she's a bore", does it make any difference?

No. Even a nun could get away with it.

But now throw in, "she's a troll".

See what I mean?

---

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xL5XZPL9-f8

stache
February 5th, 2008, 08:58 AM
I see you still don't get it. Please don't hide behind living in another time zone. I'm hoping you don't need further etiquette training in the future. Sincerely -

Alonzo-ny
February 5th, 2008, 10:08 AM
To throw my 2 cents Id be more offended by 'troll' than 'a bore'

MidtownGuy
February 5th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Well, I called someone a troll. A remarkable example of self restraint, actually, since harsher words came to mind. I got an infraction, it's over.
Moving on...

turkishann
February 5th, 2008, 01:35 PM
I would not be insulted if called a "bore" I have been called much worse :D

Meerkat
February 5th, 2008, 01:51 PM
I thought he'd customised his user title to 'Banned member' out of irony - i didn't realise ha had actually been banned.

Is calling someone 'a bore' really worthy of banning? it's not much of an insult really.

Ninjahedge
February 5th, 2008, 03:21 PM
It all depends on whetehr it came up before or after a warning on it.

I agree though, "bore" should have been an infraction unless it was accompanied by a lot of other stuff, or preceeded for a time with similar material.

But, that does not matter now since he is back and has his drill press.

How else could he be boring? ;)

lofter1
February 5th, 2008, 04:55 PM
All I know is that the laugh quotient was considerably lower during Fab's banishment.

Welcome Back :D

And thanks for the Julie Andrews chuckles. If you think she's not a bore, then try (if you can) to take a look at "Torn Curtain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torn_Curtain)".

Some generous critics gave it as many as two stars :cool:

As for me ...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz z

Meerkat
February 5th, 2008, 06:14 PM
I don't think being called 'a bore' or 'a troll' is particularly offensive - maybe some people would be insulted, but personally i would laugh it off. In fact i think such mild references could add a little spice to a discussion - its not as if people are throwing around four letter words here.

I'd be interested to see who the 'bore' is though. Guess i could have a look through recent posts.

ZippyTheChimp
February 5th, 2008, 08:01 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about Fabrizio being dropped on his head as an infant.

stache
February 5th, 2008, 08:07 PM
"You wouldn't laugh at me if I weren't in this wheelchair..."

BrooklynRider
February 6th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Butcha ARE...Ya ARE in that wheelchair!!

Meerkat
February 6th, 2008, 01:51 AM
^ i love that film:D

krulltime
February 6th, 2008, 02:30 AM
:D One of the best scenes in movie history. I just love Bette Davis face when she says it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TTtpDwrKaxo

Oh and welcome back Fabrizio. Now don't be Bored. :p

stache
February 6th, 2008, 04:01 AM
Fabby was not thrilled when I became a mod.

Fabrizio
February 6th, 2008, 04:56 AM
I didn't mind being banned. I had a great week.

I washed some sweaters.

I had been meaning to line my dresser drawers, for some time now. So I got that done.

I gave some old things to the cleaning lady.

The other day, I made a sponge cake, it's still good if anyone wants some.

I mean, I can't complain.

turkishann
February 6th, 2008, 12:57 PM
ha ha I see that you got lots of "boring" stuff done then fabrizio :D:D lol

Ninjahedge
February 6th, 2008, 02:07 PM
I didn't mind being banned. I had a great week.

I washed some sweaters.

I had been meaning to line my dresser drawers, for some time now. So I got that done.

I gave some old things to the cleaning lady.

The other day, I made a sponge cake, it's still good if anyone wants some.

I mean, I can't complain.

You spend that much time on this site??!?

MidtownGuy
February 6th, 2008, 02:33 PM
This site is addictive. When I have a lot of work to do I ban myself for a little while. Otherwise, the temptation is always there to just click over from whatever I was working on.

Fabrizio
February 6th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Me too. I was finally able to sit down with the Sunday Times. I did all of December 2006. I have the 2007's piled up downstairs.

MidtownGuy
February 6th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Must be glorious to have that much storage.
In my small apartment I'm forced to throw mags and papers out before I really want to.
Artists are compelled to collect stuff that seems worthless to others so I have to be very strict against my pack-rat tendencies.

Fabrizio
February 6th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Oh that's nothing. I have to be very strict against my rat-pack tendencies: wearing sunglasses at breakfast, cuff links on my pajamas. Me: Fab... you: Jill St. John. It can really get out of hand.

MidtownGuy
February 6th, 2008, 04:12 PM
...a light European breakfast I hope, I've eaten far too much this winter. Bikini season approaches once again, gotta get that waistline to be as snatched as it was!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2414/2246550951_b22845f314_o.jpg

macreator
February 6th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Great to have you back, Fabrizio! Your posts always bring a smile to my face :)

Alonzo-ny
February 6th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Does banning you stop you viewing the site? Otherwise it wont stop you reading the site.