PDA

View Full Version : People's Republic of Arizona

Bob
February 14th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Anything goes, eh? OK, I vote for this new thread, courtesy of me, titled "People's Republic of Arizona." Why the moniker? Answer: simply because it's right on the money. I recently moved to Scottsdale to take up a new job at PHX. Nice job, nice location, but Scottsdale has to be the most hyper-patrolled, laser and radar-ridden, photo-camera city in the world. You take your license in your hands just going to the 7-11. In just a few blocks, no matter the time of day, you are subject to surveillance the likes of which probably doesn't even exist in the U.K. You simply have to see it to believe it! And to make matters worse, even MORE of this Orwellian nonsense is coming to Arizona. You see, our illustrious Governor plans to add up to 150 photo radar units to our interstate highways in an effort to "raise about 100 million dollars in traffic fines," and "if you don't like it, don't speed." How about this, Governor Thug, YOU drive on the interstate and YOU risk your license...get out of your state-trooper driven limo and live like the commoners do. How this sorry state of a POLICE STATE exists is beyond me. We are victims in a supposedly FREE country.

lofter1
February 14th, 2008, 08:09 PM
The HOME STATE of John McCain ...

Be Forewarned.

voodoochild
February 14th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Anything goes, eh? OK, I vote for this new thread, courtesy of me, titled "People's Republic of Arizona." Why the moniker? Answer: simply because it's right on the money. I recently moved to Scottsdale to take up a new job at PHX. Nice job, nice location, but Scottsdale has to be the most hyper-patrolled, laser and radar-ridden, photo-camera city in the world. You take your license in your hands just going to the 7-11. In just a few blocks, no matter the time of day, you are subject to surveillance the likes of which probably doesn't even exist in the U.K. You simply have to see it to believe it! And to make matters worse, even MORE of this Orwellian nonsense is coming to Arizona. You see, our illustrious Governor plans to add up to 150 photo radar units to our interstate highways in an effort to "raise about 100 million dollars in traffic fines," and "if you don't like it, don't speed." How about this, Governor Thug, YOU drive on the interstate and YOU risk your license...get out of your state-trooper driven limo and live like the commoners do. How this sorry state of a POLICE STATE exists is beyond me. We are victims in a supposedly FREE country.
That's what happens when you move to a city that is as wealthy as Scottsdale, they have residents that pay high taxes so why not spend their tax dollars on things like 24/7 surveilance in neighborhoods that have very low crime rates. But then again, maybe that is why the crime rates are so low there.

OmegaNYC
February 14th, 2008, 08:15 PM
The HOME STATE of John McCain ...

Be Forewarned.

Thanks. Now I can't sleep tonight!

Ninjahedge
February 15th, 2008, 09:37 AM
I now have four arms.

Encideyamind
February 15th, 2008, 08:02 PM
I spent most my life in Scottsdale. Cameras everywhere.

But then again, thinking about it, it does save mad lives. AZ is crazy when it comes to drunk drivers and speeders. There are a lot of accidents.

Capn_Birdseye
February 20th, 2008, 05:44 PM
How this sorry state of a POLICE STATE exists is beyond me. We are victims in a supposedly FREE country.
Free country? Welcome to what we experience even more so in the UK! This is our future unless we fight back against the forces who want to control us by the introduction of more and more repressive legislation coupled with hefty fines.
Some on this forum dismiss this as being paranoid, I call it reality, its what we and others witness every day.
Orwell was right!!

Zephyr
February 28th, 2008, 06:13 AM
I would agree with what you say about Scottsdale, but the rest of the state seems different in this regard, depending on where you go. Mind you, I have never lived in Arizona, so that might affect my perspective. But I have traveled extensively throughout this state several times, and have stayed as long as three weeks at a stretch.

I believe there is something to that "exclusive" community feeds paranoia argument already raised that fits Scottsdale, and perhaps a couple of other areas in this state. I've seen the same in California and New Mexico as well.