PDA

View Full Version : I may die from the pain...S.O.S!!!!!

voodoochild
February 29th, 2008, 11:23 PM
So I had a root canal started a couple of weeks back and last week I began to feel pressure. So I go in today, the dentist opens it and fixes the apparent tissue that was left there. The numbness wears away and now the pain is so bad I was actually crying. I am on anti-biotics and vicodin, nothing works. Any suggestions before I kill myself? I have given birth naturally to a 9lb baby and this pain is far worse.:(

Meerkat
March 1st, 2008, 09:00 AM
When i get severe pain i use Ibuprofen and paracetamol. You can take them together. It may not take away the pain compeletely, but it should help.

Gunslinger
March 2nd, 2008, 04:47 PM
I had this a year ago
WHat I did whilst waiting for my next round of meds (when the pain came back) was swill really cold water (add as much ice as you can bear) round the area to numb it

It's only a very temporary fix but it does work

Get better medication - no suggestions on that I'm afraid - nothing touched mine

Eventually had tooth out - blessed relief

Hope you feel better soon - it's just the worst

Meerkat
March 3rd, 2008, 07:24 AM
You need Oxycodone

Is Oxycodone freely available at chemists in the US or does it have to be prescribed by a doctor?

The Benniest
March 3rd, 2008, 09:04 AM
Well don't go die voodoochild. :(

voodoochild
March 4th, 2008, 12:03 AM
The tooth has been pulled.....thank god it was my molar. Now I have to spend $$$$$ on an implant. Still in pain but no where near as bad as the other night. Thanks guys.