PDA

View Full Version : Travel in the US Question

nyc_obsessed
March 1st, 2008, 04:04 PM
So we want to go on a vacation sometime in June, and we can't decide where to go. We are looking for a place with lots of beautiful scenery and some things to do also. Preferably on the Ocean, but if not it's ok. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :D:D

The Benniest
March 1st, 2008, 06:30 PM
My entire family and I took a trip to Gulf Shores, Alabama last summer for 1 week. It was beautiful and we rented a beach house so we were right on the Gulf of Mexico. There were some really nice, enjoyable things to do while there. The food was really good as well. :D

If you can't make it there, my second vote would be Colorado Springs, Colorado. Really great views and a really nice vacation site.

Hope this helps,
Ben

MidtownGuy
April 28th, 2008, 05:03 AM
Northern California coast?

kliq6
May 20th, 2008, 04:26 PM
San Diego

scumonkey
May 20th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Try the coast of NC...beautiful and inexpensive.;)

ZippyTheChimp
May 20th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Pacific: Northern California

Atlantic: Maine

http://www.pbase.com/dvan/maine

http://www.pbase.com/shupiz/maine_vac_2004

kliq6
June 26th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Try the coast of NC...beautiful and inexpensive.;)

I second that, i spend alot of time down their and I love it

ablarc
June 26th, 2008, 11:00 AM
California http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15199“ without a shadow of doubt (and I say that as a resident of North Carolina).

After you get bored with all that scenery you can take a break in San Francisco. The Pacific Coast Highway from San Francisco to Santa Barbara is arguably America’s best scenery. Be sure you spend a night in Carmel.

kliq6
June 26th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Ablarc didnt know you were from NC. Ive been to the outerbanks so many times, I find them amazing and better the california since the waters of the Atlantic are much better for swimming and what not the the Pacific, which is often to cold

pianoman11686
June 26th, 2008, 02:18 PM
I've been to both and while North Carolina's waters are better for swimming, there's no comparison for scenery. If water temperature is the main concern, might as well head to Florida. Although there are some scenic offshore islands in NC that have beautiful dune formations and other attractions like wild horses. I'm thinking Shackleford Banks.

Interesting that the poster is from Michigan. I've always wanted to go there.

kliq6
June 26th, 2008, 02:33 PM
If you go to Michigan stay clear of Detroit nothing to see.

pianoman11686
June 26th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Yeah, I mainly would like to get out to the Lake Michigan coast and the UP.

kliq6
June 26th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Indiana along Lake Michigan and the sand dunes and beaches are nice as well if your in the area.

pianoman11686
June 26th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Strangely enough, I was just in that vicinity about a month and a half ago, driving from Indianapolis to Chicago. I think the scenic area you're talking about is further east of there, though, because most of what we saw along the Indiana coast was Gary and a ton of factories. It was like Newark on Lake Michigan.