PDA

View Full Version : Looking to Invest in Alberta Property

joseph_willis
April 19th, 2008, 02:24 AM
I'm in a bit of a pickle and would appreciate any advice you can provide. What are the risks in investing in Alberta area? I want to invest in some good property there but I am not sure how to go about it. I have seen the ads of many real estate investment experts on that particular area but as I am new to the area I would like to have advices from you people to help me get a better choice.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

stache
April 19th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Canada???

SFMike
April 20th, 2008, 07:59 PM
It's actually pretty straightforward. You can get a mortgage like you can here, it's deductible, etc. The main gotchas are that as a non-resident you have to put down 35%, and the government will most likely hold some percentage of GROSS revenues to make sure you file your taxes.

However, I wouldn't even consider it unless you go up there and spend some time. Don't try to just find something over the web. Also, the CAD is very high against the USD, so right now is probably not a good time to buy.

joseph_willis
April 20th, 2008, 11:35 PM
I think that you are going right. The factors that translate into Alberta being the No. 1 region in Canada for investing in real estate are that Alberta includes high energy prices, rapid population growth, low unemployment, an abundance of jobs, improved infrastructure and affordable housing costs. When it comes to investing in real estate Alberta, I think Edmonton, Prairie, and Calgary, with Red Deer, Sturgeon County, and Strathcona County hold a good place. For your Alberta Property Issues I think that you can go to people that offer joint venture services as well as advices on various property issues.:)

BrooklynRider
April 20th, 2008, 11:47 PM
You started this thread to get advice on Alberta real estate and your last post is giving advice as if you are an expert.

What are you looking for in this thread?

ZippyTheChimp
April 21st, 2008, 12:49 AM
Joseph Willis:

I'm also in a bit of a pickle. I want to invest in some good property in India, but not sure how to go about it. Do you think you can help me?

Ninjahedge
April 21st, 2008, 09:45 AM
Maybe it's Trey Anastasio?

ZippyTheChimp
April 22nd, 2008, 12:08 AM
There are many iterations of the theme.

joseph_willis
April 22nd, 2008, 01:24 AM
Hi everybody, I had been to Edmonton for a while and found it a good deal to invest there. I am looking to invest in real estate but have no clues as to where can I get liable investment experts to guide me through this. I wonder if I can get some joint ventures there so that it will be a less risk for me to invest in a new place!!!

Your suggestions will make my work easy.

Thanks!!!

lofter1
April 22nd, 2008, 01:31 AM
There's another chap on this forum who is considering investing up in Alberta. Maybe you two could get together and make something happen. Not sure where his post is, but if you do a general search using "Alberta" or "Canada" his post will probably pop up.

ZippyTheChimp
April 22nd, 2008, 08:42 AM
I guess joe willis resolved his problem with the Lyin' Tenant. Remember that one, the exotic dancer?

Helpful Hector_Hacker usually drops by with a BLAH BLAH.COM that answers all his questions.

Unfortunately, Hector is on a permanent vacation.

Ninjahedge
April 22nd, 2008, 12:19 PM
Steven Tyler?