PDA

View Full Version : In Red Hook - looking for creative people

Edward
May 8th, 2008, 03:43 PM
I would like to find people interested in collaborating on the website in red hook.com (http://inredhook.com)

Whether it's writing, photographing, cruises, keeping with the news stories - any kind of interest in Red Hook is sufficient qualification.

Contact me by email, PM or reply to this thread.

Elixir
May 8th, 2008, 04:11 PM
We'll be travelling back to the UK on the QM2, via Red Hook, in a few months time. Any Photos we take will be gladly contributed. Although they'll prob not be the best, I'll be using my Nokia N95 or Kodak Advantix Camera. Unless I go wild in one of the camera shops in NY and fancy taking my chances with British Customs :cool:

Ninjahedge
May 9th, 2008, 01:34 PM
I would LIKE to help, but coming from Hoboken it might be a little difficult.

What kind of help are you looking for Ed?

JCMAN320
May 9th, 2008, 04:47 PM
^^Same here Edward. I would really like to help with inforamtion and such, but going to Red Hook from Jersey City consistantly might be difficult.

Just let me know what you need.

Margot
May 13th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Wasn't Hubert Selby Jr. from Red Hook, or at least wasn't it the setting for Last Exit to Brooklyn? Find the places in the novel and see what they look like today. Let these gentrifiers know what they're getting into.

This may be misguided and unworkable. Anyway, that's the sort of thing I would do if I had the time. I'll dig around a little (i.e., Google) and see if I'm factually sound on anything.

The Benniest
May 13th, 2008, 05:02 PM
This sounds like a very interesting part of Brooklyn. When I visit New York again in July, I will happily make a visit and snap some pictures.

Ben

Edward
May 13th, 2008, 05:30 PM
The idea is to have a definitive site about the Red Hook, with content created through a collaborative effort, similar to Wikipedia. There is no need to be physically present in Red Hook.

The contribution could be - summarizing the IKEA development, or cruises from Red Hook port, or restaurants and bars, or history of Red Hook, or real estate situation.

Some things have to be worked out about about the process. To start, if you are interested in collaborating, proceed to http://inredhook.com and then "Create new account", enter your choice of username and your email address. I would have to approve the account to activate it.

The Benniest
May 13th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Edward... when or if I do get pictures of Red Hook while I'm there, where do I send them? I plan on having a laptop with me this time so I can upload pictures to the internet while I'm going. I don't have a Flickr account.

Do we just email them to you?

Thanks,
Ben

Edward
May 13th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Once account is approved, on http://inredhook.com select "Request new password" in order to login and create your password.

Edward
May 13th, 2008, 05:48 PM
The pictures can be uploaded from your computer.

CMANDALA
May 13th, 2008, 09:45 PM
You will get a close look at Red Hook on the May 18 Brooklyn cruises;
12 noon and 4:00 P.M.

www.workingharbor.com

detigiwa
May 18th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Edward, thank you for asking to help on the Red Hook Project. However, I am so involved in saving my 57 Street address from Macklowe's grasp that unfortunately I do not have the time for anything else.

Again, thank you.

infoshare
May 19th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the offer Edward; but I will have to pass on it, as my participation here at WiredNY is about all the extra curricular activity I can take on right now.

Daquan13
May 25th, 2008, 08:28 PM
What exactly would I be doing if I choose to join?