PDA

View Full Version : Help me Find an Apt...

shocka
May 21st, 2008, 12:47 PM
I am looking to move to the East Side of Manhattan, Gramercy, SoHo, Murray Hill, East Village maybe Midtown East in July/August.

I decided to reach out to folks here to see hey maybe I get lucky.

Here is my requirements
Studio
Elevator (or 2nd Floor of Walk Up)
Up to 1700
Kitchen a Must (No Kitchenettes)
Decent Building
Windows/Sunlight
Laundry in Building
No Fee

If anyone has any leads it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shocka

antinimby
May 22nd, 2008, 12:22 AM
You may want to contact by PM our broker de facto, Front_Porch (http://wirednewyork.com/forum/member.php?u=7605).

NoyokA
May 22nd, 2008, 12:38 AM
Yeah but Shocka said no fee. Unforturnately in this market its going to be very hard if not impossible to find what you're looking for without a broker. I tried for months and finally gave in and went the broker route, they control the market.

antinimby
May 22nd, 2008, 12:40 AM
She may do it for free, you know, as a favor.

Stern you should ask her, too. Save a few bucks.

Front_Porch
May 22nd, 2008, 05:20 PM
you're all very sweet to refer to me -- it sends you straight to heaven, you know -- but I'm not that useful to people in tight budget situations. my ability to cut a deal with another broker when there's a $3,000 a month property is really reduced when there's a $2,000 a month property -- the lister generally wants to keep everything for themselves.

In fact, there's an entire chapter in my book called "why cheap rentals s*ck."

Given that everyone gets difficult when the pie gets small, I think, shocka, you'll have the most luck with a brokerage that reps a lot of landlords -- like Buchbinder & Warren or Adina Equities -- you might be able to get them down to one month -- that's not no-fee though.

I would say your best shot other than that is to pound the pavement and talk to supers and of the areas you named, the East Village is going to be the cheapest, so start there.

Craigslist .. . I have heard from many people . . . is a mixed bag these days.

ali r.
{downtown broker}

shocka
June 2nd, 2008, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the advice all, I am going to use the hit the streets atittude. I do not HAVE to move, I have a temp place (its call the parents) to stay until I can find what i want so lets see what happens.