PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Boston

BDP
May 27th, 2008, 01:13 PM
I hope you'll enjoy these photos. (http://abostonvignette.blogspot.com/2008_05_01_archive.html) :)

The Benniest
June 2nd, 2008, 10:30 AM
Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing. That produce market looks awesome! I work in a large produce department at local grocery store and it looks nothing like that. Yours looks better! :p

MidtownGuy
June 2nd, 2008, 03:00 PM
Well it looks OK but sort of nutty. I'd prefer your store Ben.
Though clean, I think these displays look a bit sad. Maybe what works for shoes doesn't work for vegetables...I'd prefer a real cornucopia to those meager offerings.;)

Zephyr
June 2nd, 2008, 05:03 PM
I locked into Union Oyster House - yes I know, the oldest restaurant in the United States - but that would mean nothing without the great food there.

The problem is, at night and nearby, you cannot help but notice the rather large rats that roam around that neighbourhood, as if they owned it. And you wonder about your wonderful repast ...;)

The Benniest
June 2nd, 2008, 05:04 PM
Lol, well, take a look for yourself MidtownGuy: http://www.hy-vee.com. Maybe I'll attempt to take some pictures of my produce department so we can compare 'em. :D

Actually, and I'm not sure how I missed this, but those (produce) displays are quite "interesting", just like MTG said. Hmm...

BDP
June 2nd, 2008, 06:47 PM
Zephyr, I don't hang around that area too often and very rarely at night, but I have been to the taverns a few times and, thankfully, never noticed those big rats. But I'll be sure to take my camera with me next time I'm in the area in the evening (the things we do for our blogs!), I'm sure the city will appreciate the exposure. ;)

Thanks so very much, everyone, for the nice comments. :)

ablarc
June 2nd, 2008, 10:41 PM
BDP, your pictures are lovely and you have a really nice style of commentary. Thoroughly enjoyed your tour.

stache
June 3rd, 2008, 09:57 PM
Earlier today I had the pleasure of spending a few hours in Boston. It had been 20 years since I had seen it and it's looking good. Lots of new buildings that are contextual without being cloying or Disneyesque.