PDA

View Full Version : Messenger Job?

MessengerManNYC
August 13th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Hows Everyone Doing? I Was Wondering If Anyone Can Name Some Messenger Companies In The Manhattan Area Because Im Going To City This Week Or Next Week And I Want To Find Jobs As A Messenger. :confused:

MessengerManNYC

KenNYC
August 14th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Again? And start typing like an adult, please.

Ninjahedge
August 14th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Come On Man.

Why Are You Capitalizing Every Word In Your Post Like That? Or Did You Type In ALLCAPS And The Board Just Changed It Automatically.

Give us a little bit of a break here. You could have posted on your original thread, where guys like Lofter were nice enough to inform you about how to get your biking gear.

If you want help on things like this, it helps to let us know, briefly, how it has went since your last question. You may not have bought anything yet, but just letting us know what is up will give us the feeling that you are really serious about this and are persuing it, not just thinking about it.

It makes people more likely to help you. Not that someone here wouldn't... but.

Like I suggested for the other guy looking for a cheap rental, try Craig's List. You will probably find a couple of job postings. Look into it a bit yourself THEN ask us about what we have heard about them.....

If you are serious, GL!

Ninjahedge
August 14th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Testing The Allcaps Thing.

Yep, he was typing with CAPSLOCK on. :p

KenNYC
August 14th, 2008, 04:02 PM
All Cool People Post With Caps On.

Also, I Heard That As A Bike Messenger You Are Expected To Figure Out Stuff On Your Own, Chances Are Good That If You Cannot Find Out 1) How To Get A Bike And 2) Where To Get A Job You're Not Going To Be Very Successful At The Job.

Ninjahedge
August 14th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Relax there skippy.

We can give him the benefit of the doubt, but he does not seem to be learning much from what we are saying.

MMNYC, if you ARE serious about this, do like I said. Look around the classifieds. Then come back here and tell us a few names, what you like/dislike about them and ask for our opinion.

We are not a recruiting agency man! ;) Do some legwork on your own! :D

NYatKNIGHT
August 19th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Use this thread (http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18740).