PDA

View Full Version : Paralegal work in NYC

aeblake1989
October 23rd, 2008, 11:41 AM
I am 19 years old currently living in Richmond,VA. I am currently obtaining a AAS in Paralegal Studies, and am planning on moving to NYC with my roommate as soon as I get out of school (in about a year and a half). I know I still have some time, but I want to get a little more advice on this now. One of my law teachers said that NYC would be a great place to get a start on a paralegal career..what is the typical rate for an entry level paralegal in NYC? I hear it can range from 40k to 50k depending on how much experience you already have..but i'd like to get some opinions from actual people living in the city.
Also, would it be realistic to be able to pay as little as 800 a month (with a roommate paying the other 800) for rent? I'm not too picky as to what borough I live in, though I'd prefer Manhatten or Brooklyn.
Just looking for advice. Thanks in advance for any feedback!!

KenNYC
October 23rd, 2008, 08:59 PM
I have a friend who shares an apartment around 90th and Lex on UES and pay $800 each, but his roommate is his gf, so I would guess they're a bit more intimate than you and your roommate would be. Even if you could find something, I'm guessing the standards would be so low you're really better off living somewhere else.

Best thing you can do for paralegal work is really just to start looking up law firms on nalpdirectory.com and contact them.