PDA

View Full Version : advice on living in nyc

peter84
October 25th, 2008, 02:53 PM
hi all,
im looking at a move to nyc and wanting general advice, the advice im after is who / were to look at property for rent. nothing too expensive but nice in a nice area. How to find work to cover all bills and expences, cos as iv seen so far rent is around $100 - $300 per week for a apartment, id like a 2 bed apartment/ condo. Im 23 and im a qualified joiner and plasterer, would there be a job for me in the city in my trade or would i have to re-direct in my work.Would my work earn me enough to live comfortably.

Thank you for your time and help.

718Bound
October 28th, 2008, 07:39 PM
hi all,
i...iv seen so far rent is around $100 - $300 per week for a apartment, id like a 2 bed apartment/ condo.

For a two bedroom apartment? Where is this building located besides my dreams? :D

I'm sure you might be able to find a 2 bedroom for $1,200 a month somewhere but you couldn't be picky...

KenNYC
October 29th, 2008, 09:11 PM
A 2 bedroom for 1200 a month certainly wouldn't be "nice in a nice place" at least. Best chance for that budget would be somewhere over at Jersey I would guess, commute isn't too bad in to the city.

I'm guessing you've seen those prices on Craigslist, and it's pretty sure bet to say they are scams. A 2 bedroom in my building is about $6000/mo, and this is far from the most expensive part of the city.