PDA

View Full Version : Transferring Photos to Another Forum

Troyeth
January 19th, 2009, 06:22 AM
I post my photographs on two forums (with preference for this forum). Interestingly enough, even though both of those forums operate using the same "rules" for photographs if you will, the same format, they are nonetheless different. For example, WiredNewYork immediately changes the coding into photographs, whereas SkyscraperPage maintains the coding throughout.

While those changes make uploading very simple on WiredNewYork, it unfortunately makes transferring those same photographs difficult since the coding disappears. Even when quoting, the formatting language is nowhere to be found. In its place are the photos which that coding creates. Furthermore, you cannot simply copy and paste the photos to another forum and have them work correctly.

My question: Is there any way to see the coding of the thread--simply the computer formatting which every thread needs--as opposed to the final product?

ZippyTheChimp
January 19th, 2009, 09:46 AM
To view the coding of an image:

1. In QUOTE or EDIT box, there is an AA on the upper right - "Switch Editor Mode." Click on it, and the post will show all coding.

2. Right click on the image, click PROPERTIES or easier, COPY IMAGE LOCATION.

lofter1
January 19th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Thanks, Zip ... I learn something new here almost everyday http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif .

And because of that ^ today, for the first time, I also noticed the "Spell Check" feature.

That's probably been there for months, yes? :o

ZippyTheChimp
January 19th, 2009, 11:57 AM
I don't know if there's a WNY specific spell-check, but Firefox has the feature built into the browser. The icon is ABC with a green √ underneath.

As you type text, misspelledd words are underlined red. Click the icon and the words turn bold-red. Click the highlighted words and a box opens - with suggestions, edit, ignore, add to dictionary.

Click the icon again to exit spell-check.

Troyeth
January 19th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Fantastic! Thanks Zippy!