PDA

View Full Version : Oh No! It's the Glob! (c)

Bob
January 22nd, 2009, 10:46 PM
Update about this thread: Posts were deleted by moderator. Once we figure out what happened we might be able to repost the cartoons.

Ninjahedge
January 23rd, 2009, 09:50 AM
Come to think of it, was there a Mrs. Glob?

She divorced him and married the Spice magnate.

She is now known as Mrs. Dash.

Fabrizio
January 23rd, 2009, 10:26 AM
So this person posts a whole rash of posts and then deletes them. Cute.

http://wirednewyork.com/forum/member.php?u=21600

195Broadway
January 23rd, 2009, 10:34 PM
b0b?

Bob
January 30th, 2009, 11:31 PM
I could use some pointers, folks. No responses from moderator about what happened on this thread. Why were the posted cartoons summarily pulled off the site, and why was Special Guest Star banned? The cartoons were not racist, or abusive in any way. Are there any appeal rights/privileges on WNY? Who should I contact to obtain an answer about what happened here? Quite possible the moderator I contacted is no longer responsible for this section of the Forum? I talked to Special Guest Star today...he told me he was BANNED from WNY, and still doesn't know why. I see that as WNY's loss.

Ideas?

lofter1
January 30th, 2009, 11:43 PM
You should send a PM / inquiry to Edward.

Bob
January 30th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Thank you, kind sir! Will follow up and work the issue, offline.

infoshare
January 31st, 2009, 11:14 AM
This particular thread was deleted due to "human error". :confused:

I have been busy with 'many' other off-line member issues; and am now looking into seeing how to restore this thread.

I am currently working with Edward to see if the delete error can be corrected.

Please stand by till further notice.

P.S. Bob's posts are among the best (IMHO) on these forums: so what Bob want's Bob gets. (LOL)

ZippyTheChimp
January 31st, 2009, 11:58 AM
Well, now that the issue is being resolved, I'll weigh in.

I think the perception of a problem was not this particular thread, but a few others that were opened at the same time. I saw them all late on the night they were posted.

Two were posted in News & Politics, questions in joke form about Bush and Republicans. I was going to either move them to Anything Goes or find the appropriate threads where they would fit, but it was late, and I decided to wait until morning.

The fourth thread was a list of blond jokes that - even for blond jokes - were really stupid. One about a cat losing a tail and going to the retail store to get it fixed. Give me a break.

Next morning, one of the mods had moved the two threads to Anything Goes, and I forgot about it. Later on, the posts were deleted, and the user banned.

You can judge the post in this thread for yourselves once it's restored, but the other three were silly, and I don't think have a place here. That all four were posted in succession by a new member, I can see how it was regarded as troll-ish.

infoshare
January 31st, 2009, 06:59 PM
I talked to Special Guest Star today...he told me he was BANNED from WNY, and still doesn't know why. I see that as WNY's loss.

Ideas?

This ban will be lifted: an possibly the other troll-ish threads restored. All I can do now is offer is a little comic relief. Oh No! it's the BLOB (http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=XhyRpvgm03g).

And a few clips 'of the good parts' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP-KzJbKR_o&NR=1

Bob
February 25th, 2009, 11:14 PM
This thread can and probably should be deleted. SGS and the cartoons won't be returning to the forum. Thx.