PDA

View Full Version : It's been 3 years...

Taz
April 4th, 2009, 06:03 PM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u274/WiebanngPhatchix/tloz0pv.jpg

Three years since JB died. Seems like you move on a little more every year...until today. Every April 4th just gets rough.

It's really sad that it's been three years and I still haven't seen Maggie's Garden in person. I'm REALLY gonna have to get up there, maybe once the weather gets nice. Lots of garbage has happened since last April. More of JB's friend's no longer speak to each other.

Amazing how fast you can go from being the best of friends to hating each other, but even still, once a year we're all thinking the same thing - JB left us today. This still sucks, every year....I know every one of us misses him like it happened yesterday.

I'm gonna go crank up Bohemian Rhapsody and take a swig of Bailey's for him.

Broderick John Hehman
Rest in peace

BrooklynRider
April 4th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Remembering J.B.

He brought us all together.

Thanks!

Merry
April 5th, 2009, 12:54 AM
So much has happened in those 3 years, a lot of it bad. But I'm sure JB wouldn't have missed it for the world because he'd be out there doing something to help and making the most of it.

You continue to point us in the right direction despite it all, JB. Thank you.

UnknownGirl
April 5th, 2009, 03:02 AM
It's really sad that it's been three years and I still haven't seen Maggie's Garden in person. I'm REALLY gonna have to get up there, maybe once the weather gets nice.

Heh. Funny, I was thinking of Maggie's Garden this evening: I was up near there, and wondered aloud if we were going to pass it. The love and caring I still have for JB must have shown through, because when I figured out that we weren't, a friend who was with me offered--with no provocation from me whatsoever--to go with me to visit "him" sometime this spring or summer. I think JB must have really been something special, for such an offer to come from someone who only knew him through my memories.

I'm gonna go crank up Bohemian Rhapsody and take a swig of Bailey's for him.

With ya in spirit, Taz, I'm with you in spirit. *toasts*

Taz
May 9th, 2009, 01:03 AM
That's great to hear, that someone who never actually met the kid would offer to go with you to Maggie's. I'm really going to try to get up there once the weather gets nicer and the garden blooms.

I've been really busy with job applications, so I haven't had time to get on here. Sorry I took so long to respond.

Heh. Funny, I was thinking of Maggie's Garden this evening: I was up near there, and wondered aloud if we were going to pass it. The love and caring I still have for JB must have shown through, because when I figured out that we weren't, a friend who was with me offered--with no provocation from me whatsoever--to go with me to visit "him" sometime this spring or summer. I think JB must have really been something special, for such an offer to come from someone who only knew him through my memories.

With ya in spirit, Taz, I'm with you in spirit. *toasts*

*toasts* :)

Libby
June 6th, 2009, 09:56 PM
It is so good to see people still posting on this thread. I think of JB very, very often. I have not talked to his dad and sister for some time now, maybe even a year. I pray for them. I am his dad's cousin from Dallas. I met several people who I now call friends from this site. You are all very good people. JB was lucky to have all of you.

infoshare
June 6th, 2009, 11:13 PM
I met several people who I now call friends from this site. You are all very good people. JB was lucky to have all of you.

Thanks for posting. If you are ever in NYC, please send me a PM: perhaps we can arrange a meet-up event at JB's Memorial Site while you are here in town.

Best Wishes to you.

Paul

BrooklynRider
June 7th, 2009, 01:32 AM
Hi Libby!!!

Gulcrapek
June 9th, 2009, 01:45 AM
I most definitely will get up there within a month. Lame that I haven't been there more than once since.

Gulcrapek
July 14th, 2009, 07:17 PM
And now I'm moving rather close to it. If I can I'll go up tomorrow.

londonlawyer
December 21st, 2009, 04:13 PM
Remembering J.B.

He brought us all together.

Thanks!

That's true. This is a great forum. We all kind of know one another. We should have an annual toast in honor of our departed forum member.

BrooklynRider
December 22nd, 2009, 01:42 AM
And he still remains in the group of members with most posts.

It's still such a sad event.

MidtownGuy
January 7th, 2010, 02:34 AM
He often crosses my mind.

OldStudent
March 23rd, 2010, 12:52 AM
Yesterday I read J.B.'s story and was quite moved by the post' on the various threads here. Tonight I am at home after a long day and I put on Dvorak's 9th and as Largo rose to its final crescendo, thoughts of J.B.'s brief but potent presence in this life, in New York, overwhelmed. I know this young man's story thanks to all his friends, family, and acquaintances on this forum. There are some powerful, selfless hearts in these fora and I want you to know that I read your words and saw your deeds to preserve the memory of J.B. A fine bunch of Human Beings, God Bless all of You.

BrooklynRider
March 24th, 2010, 01:46 AM
And so, each year his memory is rekindled at WNY Forum. Thanks for the lovely post.

MidtownGuy
March 26th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Yesterday I read J.B.'s story and was quite moved by the post' on the various threads here. Tonight I am at home after a long day and I put on Dvorak's 9th and as Largo rose to its final crescendo, thoughts of J.B.'s brief but potent presence in this life, in New York, overwhelmed. I know this young man's story thanks to all his friends, family, and acquaintances on this forum. There are some powerful, selfless hearts in these fora and I want you to know that I read your words and saw your deeds to preserve the memory of J.B. A fine bunch of Human Beings, God Bless all of You.
Well thanks for sharing your thoughts. I can imagine you listening to that music. It was such a senseless and horrific tragedy. I will never forget the sadness I felt after opening Wired New York and seeing the news of his death. When I think of it again, like just now after your post, I still get teared up just thinking of how it all went down. Of how young he was...and brilliant...and how he wanted to make his city a better place.
Part of him lives on, through his thousands of posts on this forum, and also through the garden. I'll certainly never forget that day when we came together for the planting. Big ups to BrooklynRider for his efforts coordinating the whole thing, which were monumental.
-J.B., rest in peace my man-

OldStudent
April 2nd, 2010, 03:54 AM
Your very welcome MG. The arch of JB's life continues with memories and deeds. JB was blessed to have friends such as yourself.

UnknownGirl
April 3rd, 2010, 01:13 AM
Just a quick note to say that right when I got the "New Comment" notification for this thread, I was listening to a song by one of my favorite bands, one whose second album (which the song I was/am listening to is from) always makes me think of JB. So that was a nice bit of synchronicity...and I'm not sure why I wanted to say that, except maybe to say to people who'll understand that I haven't forgotten JB, that I think of him often, and that I'll always remember him.

Taz
April 4th, 2010, 05:58 PM
And today marks 4 years. It's really gone by fast, seems like just yesterday we were at the memorial :-(

RIP JB

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u274/WiebanngPhatchix/tloz0pv.jpg

Just a quick note to say that right when I got the "New Comment" notification for this thread, I was listening to a song by one of my favorite bands, one whose second album (which the song I was/am listening to is from) always makes me think of JB. So that was a nice bit of synchronicity...and I'm not sure why I wanted to say that, except maybe to say to people who'll understand that I haven't forgotten JB, that I think of him often, and that I'll always remember him.

dtolman
April 5th, 2010, 10:03 PM
4 years... still so tragic that a promising life was taken away so early, and in such a manner.