PDA

View Full Version : Ain't Nothin' Happening

ablarc
August 12th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Ain't nothing happening in New York development. We all know the reason why.

But the result is: ain't much happening on this forum.

Is it time we started cooking up threads that were based on issues other than current New York development?

Fabrizio
August 12th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Re: Issues: IMHO little desire for real discussion. Often too much commenting on posters, rather than on the ideas presented forth in the posts. I think moderators could encourage discussion more.

lofter1
August 12th, 2009, 10:17 AM
From what I see while walking about the streets of downtown NYC there are now a number of projects moving out of the stalled position. Not to say that everything is alive or that specific projects don't remain on hold. But the change from what it was like 6 months ago is quite noticeable.

Alonzo-ny
August 12th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Often too much commenting on posters, rather than on the ideas presented forth in the posts.

I agree with this, something I've mentioned before. In your opinion what should moderators do to encourage discussion?

As for threads not based on NY Development there is the News forum, Anything goes and more. Any thread you can think of can be posted somewhere. The moderators could post articles, come up with new threads but if there is no effort from members what can we do?

MidtownGuy
August 12th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Often too much commenting on posters

Ain't that the truth.

MidtownGuy
August 12th, 2009, 11:51 AM
The moderators could post articles, come up with new threads but if there is no effort from members what can we do?

It's also the middle of summer on top of the lack of construction news...people are out and about. Things will pick up in September.

Derek2k3
August 12th, 2009, 10:44 PM
I agree.
There's still plenty going on though, it's just not posted.

BrooklynRider
August 12th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Part of it for me is that there are only so many pictures to take of projects that are just saturating the discussions. These aren't because they are great and riveting projects, but, as others have noted, nothing to really talk about.

I could venture into News & Politics, but in that arena I hate everyone on everyside of the issue. I'm basically sitting here waiting for war, pestilence, famine, revolution, or the re-emergence of Britney Spears.

The other thing is that, with so many people out of work, there are fewer people to report the good stuff. Real Estate hasn't even seen the bottom in NYC and the withering of that sub-forum reflects reality.

I have been really enjoying some of the threads showing historic New York. The photos that are being posted are really interesting.

Anyway, 2012 will be the end of the world. Construction should pick up sometime after that. We'll be banging rocks together to communicate or waving flaming sticks at each other.

Okay, I'm cranky following surgery, but I have a two week trip to Oregon coming up in exactly two weeks.:)

Ninjahedge
August 13th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Okay, I'm cranky following surgery

Then stop following it.

ablarc
August 14th, 2009, 04:07 PM
You know ain't nothin' happening on this forum when the liveliest threads are on EU immigration policy.

E - U ! :(

BrooklynRider
August 16th, 2009, 12:46 AM
We can start threads about each Veteran Forum Member in the Social Forum and encourage "stream of thought" posting about one another.:rolleyes: