PDA

View Full Version : Drawing of Manhattan

asg
December 9th, 2009, 01:25 AM
I have a large AutoCAD dwg file of Manhattan showing every block and lot and building footprint from I believe 1996. The level of detail is very good. I would like to upload it or somehow make it available to WNY if anyone is interested or could use it for something, but the file is too large at 24MB. Any suggestions or interest?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/asg9000/imagecapture.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/asg9000/imagecapture1.jpg

florian
December 14th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Hi I m a french architect actually working on NY, I would be very interseted to have this cad map of NY in order to send it you can use "yousendit" a free software taht is able to send large files.
My email : florian.levy@gmail.com
Thank you and sorry for my english!

wgavinrobb
December 16th, 2009, 08:50 PM
I'd also be very interested in having this map!

I can provide hosting space on my website, if you'd like somewhere to upload it.

infoshare
December 16th, 2009, 09:26 PM
I can provide hosting space on my website, if you'd like somewhere to upload it.

That file size is too large for the wny forum: if you do host this map please post a link to your website here so we can view it via your webpage
- thanks.

asg
December 17th, 2009, 01:30 AM
Seems only first time visitors to WNY are interested... I thought there could be some use for it as a resource available to users of this site. And it is to scale, which is useful for checking building and street widths ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/asg9000/wVill2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/asg9000/SoHo.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/asg9000/MuseumCP.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/asg9000/Govnrs.jpg

Derek2k3
December 18th, 2009, 01:12 AM
Couldn't have gotten through thesis without that file. I always wondered who drew it.
I also have a 3-d model of Manhattan.

Albertocorrado
January 26th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Hi
I am an architecture student from Venice.
I also need the map of manhattan.

could you help me to get it??
it would be very helpful

ths

Alberto Corrado

ipd
January 28th, 2010, 12:41 AM
I am an architecture student from Boston and I am doing my thesis in Manhattan.
I would love to get the dwg file if at all possible. Let me know if it is still available,
it would be a huge help.

Thanks.

LemSkroob
February 2nd, 2010, 03:35 PM
Here is a file for Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens. Has all the streets and such, but does not include individual lots.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a2h3e36/n/NY-BASE.DWG

And as for hosting, you can just upload a file to a site like this one, and post the link in the thread. Makes it easy, and nobody has to host it personally or email it around.

There are a bunch. just google around.

LemSkroob
February 23rd, 2010, 02:53 PM
bump.

Anyone willing to host the original file from this thread using the method above?

I think it would be nice to have this thread open as a CAD library. :)

kristin
May 19th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Hi!
I'm a student at Pratt in the architecture program... is there any way I can get a copy of this map? Thanks,
k

elisaforlanelli
May 20th, 2010, 06:12 PM
I'm an italian girl student working on a thesis in south street seaport neighborhood and I would like too to have this map. how can I do it?

thank you very much

Elisa

sujay george
May 22nd, 2010, 11:50 PM
could u please send me the detailed drawing of manhattan if u have it... im struggling a lot for my thesis...

cheers

page0163
June 1st, 2010, 03:30 PM
I am an architecture student working on a project in Manhattan like many of the other posters, I too would like a copy of the original file posted by AGS. I recomend using Drop box for posting the file and then sending out a link to others through email or this site. My email address is page0163@gmail.com please email me the file as posted by ags or contact me to let me know how to attain it. This would be a huge help.
thanks...

Derek2k3
June 1st, 2010, 03:44 PM
If asg is busy. You can pm me your email address and I'll send it through yousenit.

asg
August 25th, 2010, 12:19 AM
Trying out FileDen (http://www.fileden.com) to host this cad file... please report back if you were able to successfully download the file from there. Thanks.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2010/8/24/2951387/MANHATTAN.DWG

lofter1
August 25th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Download OK -- but don't have the application to open it.

asg
August 25th, 2010, 01:27 AM
Thanks for letting me know - it's an Autocad 2010 file; maybe Autodesk's Free DWG Viewer (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=6703438) will work for viewing only (I haven't tried it).

KenNYC
August 30th, 2010, 01:38 AM
Downloading the AutoCAD file, this looks interesting. Although, wouldn't it have to be updated fairly frequently to "stay relevant" ?

Couldn't have gotten through thesis without that file. I always wondered who drew it.

Care to share that as well? :)

Liesl
September 13th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Hello! this is great!

I am an architecture student as well. I am currently working on my thesis in Pratt Institute and could REALLY use this Manhattan drawing. Can you send it to me via email? or any other way...

Contact me soon: lieslcmb@gmail.com

Thank you!

Liesl
September 13th, 2010, 11:45 AM
hi!... my email is liesl.mb@gmail.com

THANK YOU!

asg
September 17th, 2010, 03:32 AM
...read post #17

lshstyle
September 23rd, 2010, 06:53 AM
Hello. I am an architecture student from Seoul. I'm currently working on a project in Manhatten and I've been looking for this for a month, without any success.
desperately need that cad file including buildings. It would be a lot of help if you could send me the file.
My email address is lsh_style@naver.com
Thank you so much!!
-Sarah

asg
September 27th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Before typing a message about how you are an architecture student who really needs this file for blah blah blah, READ POST 17. Then read it again.

andrei 1976
October 6th, 2010, 05:47 PM
I am an architecture student, i am designing a building in manhattan can anyone tell me where to find that detailed map of manhattan or e mail it to me please
thanks

andrei 1976
October 6th, 2010, 05:51 PM
My e mail is andrei1976@netzero.net

andrei 1976
October 6th, 2010, 06:09 PM
can you send a copy my way

andrei 1976
October 6th, 2010, 06:19 PM
please send me a copy of the manhattan drawing if you have it
thank you so much I have a detailed drawing of philadelphia if anyone needs it
thanks andrei

kocka
October 19th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Hallo.I could have would you petition about transmission those map? I am student of the architecture. Much would her needed.I am sorry for my English.Much thank you.Mine e meil is: m-112-kopolo@centrum.cz

kocka
October 19th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Ahoj Andrei.Prosím tě, Sehnal jsi na netu Mapu manhattanu? Jsem Také Studentka architektury MOC bych ji potřebovala. Mohla bych Tě poprosit o zaslání dwg? Kdyby se slo?
Děkuji moc. Můj meil je ( m-112-kopolo@centrum.cz)

shivjishyamji
February 5th, 2011, 07:59 PM
I can upload it to a public server if you can dropbox it or zip it and send it via gmail to harakhlaal@gmail.com

-H

I have a large AutoCAD dwg file of Manhattan showing every block and lot and building footprint from I believe 1996. The level of detail is very good. I would like to upload it or somehow make it available to WNY if anyone is interested or could use it for something, but the file is too large at 24MB. Any suggestions or interest?

djp
February 23rd, 2011, 12:25 PM
any chance i could get the 3d model of manhattan referred to in post #6?
my email is pearsondjp@gmail.com
thanks!

AnaCorreia
February 24th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Hi!

i'm a architecture student in Portugal, and i would like to have that file. i'm working on Manhattan and i really need that. can you please e-mail me: ana-c-esteves@hotmail.com

thanks

tevla1
March 22nd, 2011, 09:21 AM
hey guys, i know this thread is a little old, but i am working on my master thesis now (i am an architecture student from germany) and i am searching for a 3d file of manhattan.

does anybody of you still have one?? i really need this for my thesis!

thanks, phil

my mail is: p.deutschmann@googlemail.com

tevla1
March 30th, 2011, 05:10 AM
no one? please!

Ninjahedge
March 30th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Tev, look on the skyscraper page. I think the most we have here is 3D of the WTC, not the entire city.

You may want to look at Google or some other site if you want an entire 3D model of the city (there are a few around, but you have to look a bit harder...)

http://tinyurl.com/4owf6te

Here are two I found on the first page:

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/cldetails?mid=3c0585592b995293ecc53eaa2c7d7d00

http://www.3dworldclub.com/preview.aspx?modelcode=1402

tevla1
March 31st, 2011, 11:52 AM
thanks,

i saw on google earth there is everything in 3d. its done with sketchup i know, how can i get this downloaded? i already asked a prof. of pratt but no answer so far...

Ninjahedge
April 1st, 2011, 08:00 AM
I am not exactly sure...

You may want to ask around a more techie websites for those specifics, or mail something to Google!

It sounds silly, but they may be able to hook you up with a basic topographical and wireframe of a portion of the city. It would just not be in their best interest to provide a full one (after all thart collection and coordination, you know?)

Try Tomshardware or anandtech. They might be able to answer your question on DLing....

tevla1
April 4th, 2011, 05:34 AM
i think, for me, it would be ok, if i only have a 2d file of manhattan with all the heights of the buildings. i have a .dwg, but this information is missing.

does anybody maybe have this?

thanks!

ryan.peeters
April 8th, 2011, 06:14 AM
I'm also working on a thesis in Manhattan. Could you please forward the drawing to my e-mail. Very much appreciated!!

ryan.peeters.is@gmail.com

giomall
May 20th, 2011, 07:38 PM
i'm an italian student of architecture and i need the manhattan dwg to my workshop..if someone has got this file, can send me it to my email adress gio_malara@hotmail.it???sorry for the english language.. :D

hdm
July 6th, 2011, 11:55 PM
How can I get the 3-d model?

hdm
July 6th, 2011, 11:57 PM

Sorry, with original text this time... How can I get the 3-d model?

ecc
July 8th, 2011, 09:33 AM
please let me knwo if anyone has the 3d-model of NYC thanks

Vitor Oliveira
August 13th, 2011, 12:19 PM
I’m a Portuguese Architect and a Post-Doc Researcher on urban morphology.
I wonder if you could send me the cad map of New York?
Thank you very much
All the best
Vitor

LeCom
September 3rd, 2011, 12:52 PM
I'm also an architecture student working on a project in Manhattan. Your map seems like an amazing resource. Please send me a PM regarding how I can obtain a copy. Thanks in advance.

kfrantz
September 12th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Hello, I am a thesis student in Virginia designing a project situated on Lexington and 53rd. The CAD map of the city looks like an amazing resource. If possible, how would I be able to obtain a copy?

Best,
Karl

johnnygaga
September 22nd, 2011, 01:42 PM
hi :) I'm Johnny! a architecture student in Taiwan,
I'm doing my final project now. And the site is in New York city - Bryant Park!

Please Please mail me this CAD file ayumi8213@hotmail.com that's me email:)
REALLY APPRICIATE THAT :)

Best,
Johnny

Ninjahedge
September 22nd, 2011, 04:01 PM
TO ALL NEWBIES ON THIS THREAD:

READ THE ENTIRE THREAD BEFORE ASKING FOR THIS FILE!!!!!

You can find the link in there. Stop being lazy guys! :p

LeCom
September 29th, 2011, 02:04 PM
^There is a number of links posted throughout the thread, some of them leading to the wrong maps and other links are inactive. I still couldn't find the map.

Ninjahedge
September 30th, 2011, 08:41 AM
LeCom, I believe I looked at one link and it led me to the same CAD map that was available when first posted....

I do not know what the story is on your end, but GL!

caro
October 2nd, 2011, 12:32 PM
Hi, I am also very interested in the 2d map of Manhattan, since i am doing my thesis on New York City.
I did go through the entire thread, but the links supposedly leading to the file didnt work for me.

I would greatly appreciate it if the file was sent to me in any other way. My email is carolinmeier@gmx.net

Thanks in advance!

LeCom
October 3rd, 2011, 09:08 PM
LeCom, I believe I looked at one link and it led me to the same CAD map that was available when first posted....

I do not know what the story is on your end, but GL!

Well, then I guess I just didn't check the links thoroughly enough. You win, I didn't find the link :P

On this note, do you mind posting it again? I lost at my previous scavenger hunt attempts.

lofter1
October 4th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Is there any way to create a non-postable thread that only has links to such desirable stuff? Or someway to make that link stay up front and findable?

Ninjahedge
October 5th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Well I don't know what to say. Maybe the BW was used up or his temporary account suspended/expired.

It was there a few weeks ago...

asg
October 6th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Gee... this thread is hilarious! Not at all encouraging for the future of the architecture profession! The link and the file are still available, as indicated in post 17 (http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22948&p=335495&viewfull=1#post335495).

ZippyTheChimp
October 6th, 2011, 10:16 AM
So you want instead they should be doctors?

Oy.

Ninjahedge
October 6th, 2011, 10:39 AM
asg - this is what they have been getting recently... I do not know if this is firewall or what...

ZippyTheChimp
October 6th, 2011, 10:55 AM
The link works.

I've highlighted post #17.

LeCom
October 7th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Hi asg, can you please post a link to the map?

j/k ;) The link works just fine. What an awesome map. Wow. Thanks to the map's creator for this wonderful resource.

Just in case other folks miss it while scrolling through the thread, here it goes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>THIS LINK WORKS<<<<<
http://www.fileden.com/files/2010/8/24/2951387/MANHATTAN.DWG
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mods, feel free to take this post down if the link becomes inactive. On the same note, I'd suggest that asg goes in and edits the first post so that it has the appropriate link.

asg, how did you make that map?

schmidty68
October 10th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Hi,

I am currently beginning my thesis concentrated on Historic Preservation and specifically the Former Emigrant Industrial Savings Bank on Chambers Street. It would really be beneficial to me to have a cad site plan of the city as well as a 3-d model of Manhattan. Any images or information taken from this would be credited to you. Any help you can offer would be great. Thanks rns@uwm.edu

fabryclock
October 15th, 2011, 02:30 AM
Hi
I am an architecture student from Pescara.
I also need the map of manhattan.

could you help me to get it??
it would be very helpful fabart.f@gmail.com

ths

Fabrizio!

Ninjahedge
October 16th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Then look it up and download it using the link.

STOP BEING LAZY PEOPLE!

BobbyB
October 17th, 2011, 11:16 AM
I am very interested in getting a copy of this autocadd map can you send this to me @ rbrembs@gmail.com

Thanks Very Much!

Ninjahedge
October 17th, 2011, 11:36 AM
No Bobby.

Click on the link. It works.

That goes for all of you! (I thought printing in bold big letters would be enough, but Noooooo)

yohankong
October 17th, 2011, 12:35 PM
I'm an undergraduate Student in Handong University, it would be a great help if I could have the map drawing of Manhattan.
I am studying about urban planning and lot of historic architecture and it would be a great help if I could use this map as my reference.

yohankong@hotmail.com is my mail.

thank you

Ninjahedge
October 17th, 2011, 02:27 PM
I give up.

eddhead
October 17th, 2011, 03:38 PM
It was a valiant attempt, but for your own sanity, I suggest you do.

Ninjahedge
October 17th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Well,

I AM INTERESTEDED IN BIG MAP FOR MY SCHOOL PROJEKT THING YES!

PLEASE GET FILE< AND E-MAIL TO ME PERSONALLY AT IAMAFOOL@HOTMAIL.COM beCAUSE I canT DOwnload myself.

thank you.

own1221
October 18th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Hey Ninja ~ would it be possible to get a Map of both Manhattan and parts of New Jersey along the Hudson?

lofter1
October 19th, 2011, 12:52 AM
Oh no you din't ...

Ninjahedge
October 19th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Have you tried my addy? ;)

nycitymap
October 25th, 2011, 05:36 AM
hey!
i'm an student of architecture from austria and have to draw a part of new york city for a project.. you'd help me so much if you could send me your dwg file or put it in "dropbox" if you know this..
give me a note if you need my e-mail adress!
greets claudia

Ninjahedge
October 25th, 2011, 08:55 AM
You ever get the feeling that people don't like to read?

Jeanmarie
November 8th, 2011, 02:31 AM
Hello asg,

..I clicked on the link, and it brought me nowhere... I set up an account at FileDen, but not sure what to do next. Need your help! Thanks, JM

ZippyTheChimp
November 8th, 2011, 09:00 AM
I don't understand what the problem is. I just clicked the link at post #17, and a prompt came up asking if I wanted to download manhattan.dwg. Yes, and the download began.

Ninjahedge
November 9th, 2011, 08:53 AM
The only thing I can think of is this:

1. Browser. Maybe your browser does not like the link
2. Firewall/screening. Maybe your school/company does not like the link
3. Popularity? Either popularity or server dependability might be an issue (doubt it). Try again later.

curlytop
November 10th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Hey, not to aggravate yall about it, but are we sure the file is still hosted up on fileden? Is it working for you still? Because I've been trying it for the past 24 hours, and nada. No prompt, and tried with different browsers, disabled firewall, etc. Is there any way it can be rehosted? Or at least, could you point us in the direction of where this map came from? Thanks for your help.

Ninjahedge
November 11th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Dont know what it could be curly. I just tried LeCom's link on post #61 and it prompted me for a "save as" in 2 seconds.

Try it on a different network. It may be blocked at the server itself....

ZippyTheChimp
November 11th, 2011, 10:39 AM
The link was down at 11PM last night. I didn't want to post until I rechecked. It worked fine at 7AM, and now.

curlytop
November 11th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Thanks guys! Appreciate it greatly.

samgrainge
November 22nd, 2011, 10:02 AM
Hi I am also an architecture student but from London. This file will be very useful for a manhattan based project I am just starting. May you please email to me on samgrainge@googlemail.com. thank you very much, so so useful!

anyc
January 12th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Can you save it as AutoCAD 2007? If not too much trouble

anyc
January 12th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Also, if anyone can post 3D,that would be great. Thank you!

saraele
January 14th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Hi new york lovers!!
I was too late to have a copy of this beautiful map?
I would need it urgently .. I am participating in an architectural competition!!!!
I have a filefactory account!!!!
please help me!!!
sara

thediamondseas
January 16th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Hey Derek, I am a graduate student of architecture at CCNY and would be very interested in having a copy of this map as well as a 3-D model of Manhattan. If there is anyway you could forward them along (thediamondseas@gmail.com) or let me know where they are available for download that would great. thanks!

blebel
January 20th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Hi, I'm doing my masters in Architecture at the moment in Boston and have a site in New York for my thesis studio project. I would really appreciate the file and it would be a huge help for my project, is there any way I could get a copy of the DWG?
Thank you!

Ben

k825
January 22nd, 2012, 01:07 PM
Greetings from Europe, New Yorkers! :D
I just registered to be able to thank you for making this map available! It's a wonderful resource and I'm very grateful for your patience and trouble. The link works fine!

Thank you asg!
Alexandra

caro
February 1st, 2012, 11:30 AM
is there still a 3D file going around or a link for it? if anybody has it, it would really help me out! thank you!! caro

ana_mucz
February 12th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Hi. I'm a student currently working on my senior project located in Meatpacking District in NYC. I was wondering if you still have this Auto Cad drawing of the City. In order to send it you can use "yousendit". My e-mail is anamuczynska@gmail.com. Or maybe you could send me only chelsea and lower Manhattan?? You'd help me a lot.

Thanks,
Anna

Caroline2911
April 23rd, 2012, 12:05 PM
I also need this map ! Please email me at Caroline.care.caroline@gmail.com
thank u!!!

oriel61
May 17th, 2012, 11:07 AM
I'd love to get my hands on this file. Is it available for download anywhere? Thanks.

saltyapple157
June 20th, 2012, 12:47 PM
:p

speculart
July 21st, 2012, 09:06 AM
I am really interested in getting access to the dwg of NYC. I know this original post was years ago, but I am wondering if it is available somewhere. Thanks for any help anyone can give.
D

IrishInNYC
July 25th, 2012, 03:38 PM
The link on post #16 still works. Does NO ONE read these threads? How lazy.

And DWG Viewer is a good, free tool for looking at the file.

Ninjahedge
July 25th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Irish, just look at all the 1 post wonders on this thread and you tell me. ;)

Don31
July 26th, 2012, 08:26 AM
You guys sound surprised.....

IrishInNYC
July 26th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Stupidity never ceases to surprise me. The effort to register for the forum and then not read a few pages of the thread they so desperately wanted to be part of!

Ninjahedge
July 26th, 2012, 03:04 PM
You guys sound surprised.....

Well stop reading it out loud.....

SFChimma4
September 18th, 2012, 04:49 PM
This map is great. Any chance someone has the same/similar CAD for Brooklyn?

laurelay
October 16th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Hi i'm a french student in montreal and I have to work on Manhattan, it will be so cool if you can give me your 3D model!!!!! it will be much easier for me to start my work!! I give you my mail : laure_la_y@hotmail.Com
thanks!!!

laurelay
October 16th, 2012, 06:27 PM
and the autocad field!!! :) thanks again ( laure_la_y@hotmail.com )

ragrass
October 24th, 2012, 11:06 PM
I am working on a project about Manhattan and would like to have a copy of the Manhattan dwg, my email address is ragrass@gmail.com This drawing would add so much more to the project. Thanking you in advance!

ragrass
October 24th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Thank you for the earlier pots, I did find a link to the drawing.

Bingo
October 25th, 2012, 10:26 AM
This thread is funny. Thanks for the laugh.

anamariadrughi
November 9th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Hi, I tried the link above and is no longer available. Is there any chance that you still have that file? I am working on my thesis project (a proposal for LGA airport) and I believe that file would be of very much help.
My email is anamariadrughi@gmail.com
Thank you.

Cristina Pérez Cámara
September 23rd, 2013, 01:56 PM
Hi i'm a spanish student of architecture in Madrid and I have to work on Manhattan, it will be so cool if you can give me your 3D model!!! I give you my mail :c (laure_la_y@hotmail.Com)hristine_patsy@hotmail.com
thanks!!!

Ninjahedge
September 23rd, 2013, 03:18 PM
Hi i'm a french student in montreal and I have to work on Manhattan, it will be so cool if you can give me your 3D model!!!!! it will be much easier for me to start my work!! I give you my mail : laure_la_y@hotmail.Com
thanks!!!

Hi i'm a spanish student of architecture in Madrid and I have to work on Manhattan, it will be so cool if you can give me your 3D model!!! I give you my mail :c (laure_la_y@hotmail.Com)hristine_patsy@hotmail.com
thanks!!!

Amazing how similar the French and Spanish are....

Lucas Velle
January 16th, 2014, 11:23 AM
FileDen is requiring a paid subscription prior to download. Is there any free file-sharing sites (dropbox, google drive) that you could upload the file to?

-Thanks

asg
February 17th, 2014, 02:34 PM
The FileDen link is no longer available.

Dear Valued FileDen Customer,

You may be aware of CX.com’s purchase of FileDen a little over 2 years ago. The initial intent after our purchase was to immediately migrate the FileDen system into the CX.com system to maximize your personal cloud experience. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen restrictions CX.com was bound to wait 24 months before making substantial changes. Although there were restrictions for this time period, the goal has always been to continue to migrate systems after the restrictive obligation was met. We have been anxious to give FileDen users the highest quality cloud service possible.

Before CX.com could make the change, the FileDen third party hosting provider failed in their responsibility to maintain and backup servers over the last several months causing several outages and hard drive failures. The most recent hard drive failure was unrecoverable and resulted in file loss for some users. Further, customer service regarding FileDen user’s questions and concerns has been very poor. This level of service is completely unacceptable to CX.com and goes against our company’s mission of offering a customer focused, quality cloud product.

Due to recent events with FileDen, we are cutting all ties with the third party provider and asking FileDen users to move to CX.com immediately. Please log in to your FileDen account to get further instructions.

In addition to an increased 10GB of free storage, I am confident you will see a difference in quality, response time and improved customer service with your new CX.com account. CX.com is proud to have a zero percent file loss rate in over four years. We value you as a customer and look forward to continue to improve your cloud experience in the future.

Please don’t hesitate to contact the CX.com support department with further questions at support@cx.com.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Due to a critical failure with our third party hosting provider, we regret to inform you that your files are no longer accessible. All exhaustive attempts to recover your files have been unsuccessful. We realize how important your files are to you and sincerely apologize for this major disruption.
As you may have seen on the Facebook post on June 25th, CX.com is scheduled to replace the outdated and overworked FileDen system to a new CX.com system at the end of August. The CX.com system will provide an improved environment for you with increased free storage to 10GB, 100 percent reliability for your files (CX.com has never lost a file), blazing speeds and more features such as streaming music and videos, one click social sharing, private sharing and private groups.
As a token of our appreciation for your patience, all paid users will receive a full refund for the month of July and all future charges from FileDen will cease.

Sooooo, I thought (to keep the humor that this thread has provided over the years going...) I'd post the drawing file at another free hosting site here:

http://www.filesplat.com/.claudiovernight/shared/QFSXFFNKV8YT82P7SPQ8QC4SP0FZ3G74----Manhattan_1996.DWG

If you don't have Autocad, you may need Autodesk's Free DWG Viewer (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=6703438) (for viewing only).

How long before the one hit wonders creep up and start pleading their cases for the file to be emailed to them?

EastMillinocket
February 17th, 2014, 10:20 PM
Thanks for posting here again, asg. I had a lot of fun going through the various eurotrash posts.

Han Hsun Hsieh
October 12th, 2015, 02:14 AM
hello!
i'm student of architecture, could you send me this cad file at
will93611@gmail.com

just for studying and school project
thanks a lot!

best
Will

Omar Eid
November 5th, 2015, 01:32 PM
The FileDen link is no longer available.
Dear Valued FileDen Customer,

You may be aware of CX.com’s purchase of FileDen a little over 2 years ago. The initial intent after our purchase was to immediately migrate the FileDen system into the CX.com system to maximize your personal cloud experience. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen restrictions CX.com was bound to wait 24 months before making substantial changes. Although there were restrictions for this time period, the goal has always been to continue to migrate systems after the restrictive obligation was met. We have been anxious to give FileDen users the highest quality cloud service possible.

Before CX.com could make the change, the FileDen third party hosting provider failed in their responsibility to maintain and backup servers over the last several months causing several outages and hard drive failures. The most recent hard drive failure was unrecoverable and resulted in file loss for some users. Further, customer service regarding FileDen user’s questions and concerns has been very poor. This level of service is completely unacceptable to CX.com and goes against our company’s mission of offering a customer focused, quality cloud product.

Due to recent events with FileDen, we are cutting all ties with the third party provider and asking FileDen users to move to CX.com immediately. Please log in to your FileDen account to get further instructions.

In addition to an increased 10GB of free storage, I am confident you will see a difference in quality, response time and improved customer service with your new CX.com account. CX.com is proud to have a zero percent file loss rate in over four years. We value you as a customer and look forward to continue to improve your cloud experience in the future.

Please don’t hesitate to contact the CX.com support department with further questions at support@cx.com.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Due to a critical failure with our third party hosting provider, we regret to inform you that your files are no longer accessible. All exhaustive attempts to recover your files have been unsuccessful. We realize how important your files are to you and sincerely apologize for this major disruption.
As you may have seen on the Facebook post on June 25th, CX.com is scheduled to replace the outdated and overworked FileDen system to a new CX.com system at the end of August. The CX.com system will provide an improved environment for you with increased free storage to 10GB, 100 percent reliability for your files (CX.com has never lost a file), blazing speeds and more features such as streaming music and videos, one click social sharing, private sharing and private groups.
As a token of our appreciation for your patience, all paid users will receive a full refund for the month of July and all future charges from FileDen will cease.

Sooooo, I thought (to keep the humor that this thread has provided over the years going...) I'd post the drawing file at another free hosting site here:

http://www.filesplat.com/.claudiovernight/shared/QFSXFFNKV8YT82P7SPQ8QC4SP0FZ3G74----Manhattan_1996.DWG

If you don't have Autocad, you may need Autodesk's Free DWG Viewer (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=6703438) (for viewing only).

How long before the one hit wonders creep up and start pleading their cases for the file to be emailed to them?

Any chance of a new link? This link is dead as is the first one!

How about Google Drive? Thanks alot!

EastMillinocket
November 5th, 2015, 01:45 PM
Any chance of a new link?

No.