PDA

View Full Version : Do we need another New York forum?

Hippocribs
February 24th, 2010, 12:04 AM
I'm about to start a New York forum. Don't get me wrong, this place seems great! My forum will contain everything that I miss in here. It would be a more edgier forum with an attitude and a higher tolerance of controversial topics. Does that sound interesting to anyone?

stache
February 24th, 2010, 12:50 AM
No it does not.

OmegaNYC
February 24th, 2010, 01:35 AM
^^^^

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f97/georgiaangel52682/Cats/LaughingCat.jpg

stache
February 24th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Just truthin'!

Hippocribs
February 24th, 2010, 01:36 PM
No it does not.
Why not?

ZippyTheChimp
February 24th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Just do it.

How can anyone tell you it's interesting until they see it?

Hippocribs
February 24th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Just do it.

How can anyone tell you it's interesting until they see it?
Good Point! :D
The hardest thing is to get people to join I guess, I mean who's gonna register at an empty board?

Ninjahedge
February 25th, 2010, 09:04 AM
You post things on other boards, offer taglines to things in conversations on other threads, then link to stories you have posted on your site.

DON'T do a blind linkage, use your site as a resource. If people like the links you have posted in reference to the threads you post on, they will visit on their own on occasion.

Forums themselves are hard to stand on their own though. I would concentrate on news and your own Blog first.

ForestHillsGardens
February 25th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Well, if the new New York forum would be more clean and orgainzed and not cluttered, it would be a go for you.

While, if it'd end up like this one. The new New York forum would be useless, this forum is not neccesarily useless, it is useful but a dupicated is useless.

Hippocribs
March 1st, 2010, 10:43 AM
May I post the address in this thread when itīs up and running?

ZippyTheChimp
March 1st, 2010, 11:01 AM
Yes