PDA

View Full Version : Wait, So Harlem Isn't Safe?

mr messer
July 23rd, 2010, 06:47 AM
I saw the visitor message on Ablarc's profile webpage.

Wait a minute, so Harlem isn't safe? Or wasn't when Mr TLoz was attacked?

125th Street, and the blocks surrounding it, which I would guess probably have more undercover and uniforms than most places in Manhattan isnt safe?

This is an important matter of discussion. I never knew TLoz but it warrants a discussion.

Ninjahedge
July 23rd, 2010, 08:07 AM
Read more.

There is a lot of info on this subforum area.

mr messer
July 23rd, 2010, 09:13 AM
Something bothers me, and I would have expressed this earlier but for how hard you came down on me the last time I even hinted at this:

I believe TLOZ would still be alive if he had not accepted so cavalierly the idea that Harlem is safe –an idea that was pushed so avidly by numerous members of this forum. Harlem should be safe, Harlem may or may not be safe, but clearly the evidence is: Harlem was not safe at the time our hero waltzed into a scenario that resulted in his death. And he was encouraged by some of our members. He was, however, clearly of the wrong race.

This PM is motivated by one idea, and one only: that if TLOZ had received accurate representations about the safety of what he was doing, he might still be alive today.
Plenty of forumers suggested there was no hazard involved, and plenty of forumers turned out to be wrong. I think it’s time political correctness gave way to realism, don’t you think?

ablarc

Ok I will read the subforum, but can we talk about this here because I am very curious about what members here think of Harlem. Thanks.

Ninjahedge
July 23rd, 2010, 01:37 PM
Just a tip MM.

TLOZ5 was special to us, so starting up a topic that is only remotely related to him, his life, and his death, would probably not be best to post here.

Try in the Anything Goes section with a reference, if you must, to TLOZ5.

mr messer
July 23rd, 2010, 04:33 PM
Yes, thanks Ninja I read here that he was a special member, so therefore my initial caution and disclosure that I didn't know him. I do not wish to be insensitive.

But I remain intrigued by AbLarcs post on the visitor message. Because I would also say that I think that Harlem is safe but is it really?

What Harlem? Real Harlem or the Disneyland Lenox Av and 125th Street Harlem? Harlem around there at 3 am has never been a problem for me. Should I be more cautious:?

stache
July 23rd, 2010, 07:10 PM
Play it by ear.

Merry
July 23rd, 2010, 11:57 PM
Thanks, Ninja.

lofter1
July 25th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Looks like one should be more concerned about Queens (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/25/nyregion/25slay.html?ref=nyregion) than Harlem.

stache
July 25th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Just like the old days!

lofter1
July 25th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Nothing like a good MOB HIT (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwHl64KwGR8) to take you back :cool:

mr messer
July 25th, 2010, 02:46 PM
It can get pretty hair in Queens. What with all dem PO TOWN FOLKS moving in and all. I wish the suburbanites would stay on SI/Upstate.

That said, have you any views on whether Harlem being presented as "safe" is a good thing? Personally, I think that 125th -130th all the way from West to around Lex alooks like Disneyland.

stache
July 25th, 2010, 02:48 PM
How nice for you. And lofter, lol!

Taz
March 17th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Just a tip MM.

TLOZ5 was special to us, so starting up a topic that is only remotely related to him, his life, and his death, would probably not be best to post here.

Try in the Anything Goes section with a reference, if you must, to TLOZ5.

I haven't logged in for a while, so I'm just seeing this thread now and obviously I agree with this statement. As someone who knew JB personally, I'm not happy about this thread.