PDA

View Full Version : I am being censored

Fabrizio
September 14th, 2010, 11:39 AM
My posts are being removed in the Cordoba House thread.

I have had an ultimatum from Zippy not to quote his posts.

He says in this just received PM: "I said I would not quote you and delete posts in which you quoted me."

My posts were absolutely fine. But if any of my posts are out of line...offensive...against forum rules, please inform me and I will be the first to appologise.

But this, besides being just ...odd... is censorship.

Since he started doing this, I have begun doing screenshots of my posts.

ZippyTheChimp
September 14th, 2010, 11:54 AM
I wished no further contact with him, and explained it in an exchange of PMs some time ago that I would delete any such posts. We don't get along, and it disrupts the forum. Since I've done this, there have been no stupid fights between us.

I said then, and repeated today, that he could take his complaint to Edward. I haven't heard from Edward, so I assume he hasn't.

Why not?

Ninjahedge
September 14th, 2010, 11:55 AM
@Fab

You are pissing him off.

Instead of giving you a set of rules that you can start splitting hairs on, he is telling you that anything you quote from him on that thread (or any other politically charged one) would be deleted.

You can't respond w/o quoting him?

ZippyTheChimp
September 14th, 2010, 11:59 AM
^
Not really pissed off. Just tired of it.

Fabrizio
September 14th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Will you please show us any of my posts in the Cordoba House thread that are disruptive?

Or anywhere else for that matter?

I believe this is censorhip of ideas.

All along I have asked: if any of my posts are out of line...offensive...against forum rules, please inform me and I will be the first to appologise.

ZippyTheChimp
September 14th, 2010, 12:19 PM
^
I have not deleted even one post in which you didn't quote me. I assume you express ideas in these posts. You are free to comment on any material I post, but I don't want any back-and-forth contact with you. It always leads to drawn-out fights, and other members have complained.

I don't care who is at fault; that's just another argument. I accept my share of blame in the matter; you just want to prove you're right, and have this nonsense go on.

This isn't going to be solved by the forum. Take it to Edward. I'll accept his decision, and consider what I want to do.

It's not going to be solved to my satisfaction by the forum.

Fabrizio
September 14th, 2010, 12:27 PM
If you don't want back and forth contact then you are free to not respond.

In the meantime I will quote posts, as all are free to do here.

Again I will repeat: if any of my posts are out of line...offensive...against forum rules, please inform me, and I will be the first to apologize.

I don't think anyone here can be expected to do more than that.

ZippyTheChimp
September 14th, 2010, 12:33 PM
^
This goes further back than the Cordoba thread, when i told you to take your complaint to Edward.

Until I hear from him, I will continue deleting posts in which you quote me.

ZippyTheChimp
September 14th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Never mind. I'll do it for you.

ablarc
September 14th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Zip, I think you need to back off, or you'll seem like some of your least favorite volk from the Thirties.

ablarc
September 14th, 2010, 12:57 PM
I wished no further contact with him, and explained it in an exchange of PMs some time ago that I would delete any such posts. We don't get along, and it disrupts the forum. Since I've done this, there have been no stupid fights between us.

I said then, and repeated today, that he could take his complaint to Edward. I haven't heard from Edward, so I assume he hasn't.

Why not?

Until you hear from the Grand Ayatollah, huh? Why don't you use your god-given judgment?

Thought you were the rugged individualism guy.

ZippyTheChimp
September 14th, 2010, 12:58 PM
^
You speak with no knowledge, and no experience as a moderator.

I found myself dragged into the MTG-Fabrizio fights, which you can conveniently walk away from.

One of the posts in the Cordoba thread by Fabrizio:

Said like a true Amurican. Anyway, you guys are all heros in my book.

(especially Zippy and Midtownguy... heros with baloney and extra cheese.)I saw it the night it was posted, and ignored it. It was later deleted and reposted without mention of me. There was another post in the Cordoba thread that linked MTG and me. Both were completely unprovoked by me.

As a moderator, I wanted to completely remove myself from the situation. I spent considerable time that night deleting about two dozen posts by MTG, Fabrizio, and others who jumped into the fight in the Cordoba thread. I got an apology via PM from MTG, but Fabrizio questioned when I left in post #x.

Since you're not a moderator, you don't see any of this shit. So unless you want to take on the job, don't tell me to back off.

ZippyTheChimp
September 14th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Until you hear from the Grand AyatollahAre you transferring hostilities from the Cordoba thread?

Why don't you use your god-given judgment.Re-read the thread. I think I did.

Ninjahedge
September 14th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Lets look at it this way.

fab likes to disagree, nit pick, insinuate and play with people. He has done that to quite a few.

Does this make him evil? No, but it does make for endless back-and-forth that has, literally, chased many away from posting on any threads where they have shown up.

Is this criminal? Nah, but it isn't communal.

Now, whenever someone steps in, whether using surgical precision, or simply throwing a blanket on the fire, they get criticized in the same manner. A mildly degrading flippant tete-a-tete(sp) that grates on some people's nerves.

Now the alternatives we have are simple. Let Fab dominate the thread, and indeed a lot of the board, shut him up entirely and ban him (or clip sizable portions of what he has said from existance w/o any proven reason, which he will argue is what is being done here), or try and MODERATE w/o an all-or-nothing solution. the third is what requires the most work, and it really helps to have a bit of compliance from the other side, otherwise the rules start getting less subjective and more absolute.

BTW, there have been demonstratiuons of less tolerant moderation being performed in other threads at other times in recent history, for which I will not directly refer, and I think we are lucky to have someone as even-handed as he is to handle things here.

I guess the key thing to remember here is that Zip is TRYING to remove himself from any direct interaction with Fab. The cleanest way to do this is to not directly refer to his posts, and request that Fab do the same.

We all know that the latter just does not happen, so Zip has resorted to something more extreme, but easily avoided. Simply do not quote him.

That's it.

BTW Abl, what is with the unrestrained hostility? You really are crossing the line with those comments. You think for a minute that they will help calm things down?

Don't answer that, it was purely rhetorical.

Just relax. You are allowed your opinion here, but since when does calling someone a consort of the Ayatollah an "opinion".....

Again, don't answer. ;)

Fabrizio
September 14th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Ninja: I will avoid doing a review of your threads, nor will I do an analysis of you as a poster, nor put myself in the position of spokesman for the forum. It's not my place to do so and I don't think others would be interested.

But go right ahead. You are well known here and forum members can come to their own conclusions.

Fabrizio
September 14th, 2010, 02:01 PM
For the record:

This post:

"Said like a true Amurican. Anyway, you guys are all heros in my book. (especially Zippy and Midtownguy... heros with baloney and extra cheese.)"

It was posted by me, but after reconsidering, I deleted it. It is a post that no one saw.

Zippy saw it only because deleted posts are soft deleted and the moderator (but not the forum) is able to see them.

It was posted when it was the dead of night in the US. No one was on line. And actually it was a post that I had changed a number of times.

Was it provoked? I think so. But so many posts on the thread were eliminated that it is my word against Zippys. But whatever, I thought better and removed it deciding it was not a cool thing to say. So basically I am being chastised for a post that no one saw, that probably lasted on line minutes as it was one of many changes and anyway.... it was deleted by me.

Those who follow my posts know that I refrain from such comments unless I am provoked.

The post was deleted by me, but here is just one example of the stuff I often put up with from Zippy. Has it been deleted by him? No, it's still there:

Apple takes Micrsoft: http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23728

But honestly I don't care.

The last thing I would want to see is censorship.

ZippyTheChimp
September 14th, 2010, 02:25 PM
I don't care who is at fault; that's just another argument. I accept my share of blame in the matter; you just want to prove you're right, and have this nonsense go on.See what I mean?

ablarc
September 14th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Just relax. You are allowed your opinion here,
Thanks.

but since when does calling someone a consort of the Ayatollah an "opinion".....
I did that. Where?

The Ayatollah is Edward. I wish you would read with more sophisitication.

Btw, the walrus was Paul.

Fabrizio
September 14th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Zippy: if you are going to mention that deleted post, then I think I have the obligation to explain the context and background info to the forum.

lofter1
September 14th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Is there an "Ignore This Thread" option?

lofter1
September 14th, 2010, 05:04 PM
ps: Nothing against Mods personally, but there's no winning against them at WNY. They rule -- that's the way it's set up here. It's not a democracy and there's no 1st Amendment in the WNY rules. If differences between posters <> Mods can't be worked out via PMs then it's best to buckle up and move on. Like it or not.

Just one of my hard learned lessons from the trenches.

stache
September 14th, 2010, 06:13 PM
The thing with Fab in particular, he's best put on /ignore. But when I was Mod here I felt an obligation to screen as many posts as possible, then you run across someone like him that likes to antagonize others, and you try to reign him in, then he starts mewling about being censored, like he has some kind of right to be obnoxious to others. It's a difficult position.

Fabrizio
September 14th, 2010, 06:37 PM
ps: Nothing against Mods personally, but there's no winning against them at WNY. They rule -- that's the way it's set up here. It's not a democracy and there's no 1st Amendment in the WNY rules. If differences between posters <> Mods can't be worked out via PMs then it's best to buckle up and move on. Like it or not.

Just one of my hard learned lessons from the trenches.

Agreed. And I have said all I need to say about this issue. Just let me say again, if any of my posts are out-of-line, offensive, against forum rules point them out.

Know that I have not sent any PMs to Edward about this. I don't want to influence his decision and I have nothing to explain. We are adults here and by now we know the various personalities of the forum and we all have our own opinions.

He'll do what he sees fit based on his own principles of what is right and wrong.

ablarc
September 14th, 2010, 07:08 PM
He is, after all, the Ayatollah.

Sometimes the Ayatollah says nothing (his right).

Ninjahedge
September 15th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Abl, drop the reference. It wasn't funny or clever the first time and it is starting to get back-handedly insulting.

And Fab, you know you dance around the line. If you came right out and called someone a butt-hole it would be easy to point out what you said and tell you to stop, but instead you demean. You call the person things like "simple" and "cute" but not stupid. You belittle, demean and try to disqualify many posts not by the merit of what was said, but buy trying to reduce the perception of the poster, tehreby discrediting anythng they post.

It is a common political tactic almost copyrighted by the GOP, can't disprove a statement, discredit the one who said it. Hitler could say the sky was Blue, but come ON, its HITLER!!!!! :rolleyes:

The last thing you do is also very simple. The last word.

You did this constantly to MTG. You would respond rather intelligently to one of his posts, only to take the last line or paragraph and add some snide comment like "Of course, that is not anything you would understand, now would you?" Again, it does not call anyone stupid. It does not directly insult, but if you think that is an innocent observation you are just plain wrong.

And Abl, you still have to relax. Something else is bothering you and it is coming out in here. Bleach does not blow up in your face when you pour it unless there was some vinegar in there to start with.....

Fabrizio
September 15th, 2010, 10:17 AM
^ As I said: if there is a post of mine that you feel is out of line or insulting please point it out. Ok?

As for the rest of the observations and allegations I will tell you:

"I will avoid doing a review of your threads, nor will I do an analysis of you as a poster, nor put myself in the position of spokesman for the forum. It's not my place to do so and I don't think others would be interested.

But go right ahead. You are well known here and forum members can come to their own conclusions."

Ninjahedge
September 15th, 2010, 11:24 AM
No, I won't.

You irritate people. You can make up whatever reasons you want, but that is how it is.

And, different from posting an alternate viewpoint, you do it in almost a "coffee talk" kind of way. Backhanded comments, implied associations and flippant remarks, none of which when taken as individual instances is enough to build a case, but as a whole in undeniably posturing and confrontary.

So you can just keep crying "prove it" all you want. It is not my, or many others responsibility to "build a case" against you. It is not my job to pick through 1000 odd posts from the past 9 months and site each individual instance of condescending attitude only to have you pick each one and individually attempt to validate them.

"Well he said..."
"That was in response to..."
"That is not what I meant, if he saw it that way it is his problem, not mine..."

You have done it before, and you will do it again.

That is why, for the most part, I have you on Ignore! ;)

Fabrizio
September 15th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Ninj: I truly have no interest in all of this.

If you have problems with my posts, all I can do is ask you to point them out.

Please know that there are plenty of forumers here who enjoy what I write and who I have great relationships with. And I have plenty of PMs that attest to that. I'm proud of my contributions to the forum.

If you feel differently, so be it.

We can't please everyone.

ablarc
September 15th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Why so much bile, Ninj?

lofter1
September 15th, 2010, 05:47 PM
http://shop.climb.org/images/Self%20Control%20Poster.jpg

Or maybe this ...

https://www.bibdsl.co.uk/imagegallery2/bds/200948/9781849011310.JPG

ablarc
September 15th, 2010, 05:52 PM
http://shop.climb.org/images/Self%20Control%20Poster.jpg

Or maybe this ...

https://www.bibdsl.co.uk/imagegallery2/bds/200948/9781849011310.JPG

^ I guess this could go for ALL of us who have posted in this thread. :) Thanks.

Fabrizio
September 15th, 2010, 06:20 PM
For the record folks:

In the Cordoba thread, I am being accused of opening this thread for no reason except the obvious. What ever that means.

The truth is, it was suggested to me to bring this to forum issues by another moderator. If the forum has some sort of head-honcho-moderator rating of who we are supposed to listen to above others, then I don't know of it.

And posting about the issue here seems to be a reasonable thing to do. When others had problems with moderators they have brought the issues here.

Why shouldn't I?

There are other accusations that are off base...but nothing new about that. In the meantime, the thread is closed. The last posts and behavior was truly mystifying to me and at least another long time poster.

You guys figure it out.

ZippyTheChimp
September 15th, 2010, 06:29 PM
The thread was closed to get you here.

The Cordoba thread is open for on-topic posts.

lofter1
September 15th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Seems to me the proper place when having an issue with a Mod is to take it to Mods via PMs. The Mods can talk it out and (hopefully) come to a consensus about how to deal with the issue. Posters can also use PMs to enlist support and keep others informed regarding a posting issue. In reality the great mass of posters can do little to nothing about Mod actions. The forum just wouldn't work if Mod decisions were put to some sort of democratic vote.

As has been pointed out the Mods work for the forum to keep it running. They do it for free -- and for love and concern for WNY. Sometimes when feathers get ruffled or backs get stabbed (depending on how one sees it) it's best for posters of all sorts to take a deep breath and back off for a bit. Sometimes I find I just have to move away from the keyboard. Look out the window. Whatever.

Fabrizio
September 15th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Seems to me the proper place when having an issue with a Mod is to take it to Mods via PMs.

^ I do not remember you suggesting this when Stache started a tread about Punzie here.

Furthermore: this has nothing to do with a democratic vote. This is Edward's decision...but if my posts are vanishing then I have a right to inform the forum as to why. And if I feel it's censorship then I think it's an issue that is worth bringing up here too.

And if you notice I haven't pushed the issue. No response to Stache. No response to Ninja. Except for post #16&#32 which is responding to accusations, not much defending myself or trying to rally support. Not even a PM to Edward explaining my position. And my posts to Zip here... well, compare mine to his and decide for yourself.

lofter1
September 15th, 2010, 09:34 PM
Punzie? I can barely remember last week :o

stache
September 16th, 2010, 01:14 AM
You can always send a PM to Edward.

ZippyTheChimp
September 16th, 2010, 01:36 AM
For the record [sounds so silly]:

Edward was not given any position. I sent him a PM directing him to this thread.

My position is simple. I can't effectively moderate with Fabrizio sniping at me.

I was fed up with it before the Cordoba thread was opened. I avoided any response to Fabrizio. He had to have been aware of it, because I wasn't quoted until post #368, two months after the thread was started. Given our argumentative history, does anyone think that was a coincidence? Again, I ignored it. About this time, the Fabrizio-MTG feud heated up, and another moderator stepped in.

On Aug 9th, I'm quoted twice in #635 and 636. My sarcastic reply in #637 was a reminder that I didn't want any contact with him. It's questioned in #640, and again I ignored it.

It was posted when it was the dead of night in the US. No one was on line. And actually it was a post that I had changed a number of times.

The posts were on Aug 10th. And while they were changed, it wasn't exactly a matter of "maybe I don't want to say that."

02:13AM
Said like a true American. Anyway you guys are all heros in my book. 04:10AM
^ Said like a true Amurican. Anyway, you guys are all heros in my book.

(especially Midtownguy...he's a hero with extra cheese.) 04:40AM

(especially Zippy and Midtownguy... heros with baloney and extra cheese.) So after considering the content, he adds me on the 2nd edit.

05:25AM

(especially Midtownguy... full of baloney and with extra cheese.) This wasn't the only time in the thread that I was linked to MTG-Fabrizio. Another remark is still in the thread somewhere, something like "that post has a zippy verve, a midtown quality to it." I didn't respond to any of this.

The next morning, I deleted the last version because it was responded to in kind by MTG, which I also deleted.

On Aug 10th, Fabrizio and MTG were fighting, and I deleted 10 posts.

On Aug 11th, I came home that evening to find a bigger fight between them. I had to close the thread and delete 25 posts.

I don't get paid for this.

Since he was ignoring that I wanted no contact with him, I told Fabrizio I would delete any quoted post, and he could complain to Edward.

Again, for the record: During the first two months of the Cordoba thread, when we avoided each other, the number of arguments was zero. It was transparent to the forum.

Is everyone happier now?

stache
September 16th, 2010, 02:28 AM
Just give him infraction points every time he disrespects you. They add up and he gets banned which means the rest of us can enjoy the forum until he returns.

Fabrizio
September 16th, 2010, 04:06 AM
Zippy: you fail to mention your provacations and that much of those provacations were in posts you deleated.

The "especially Zippy and Midtownguy" post was mild and humourous in comparison.

And you are going on (again) about a post that I cancelled myself, and that no one saw (posted for 45 minutes in the dead of night), and that you only saw because a moderator can see cancelled posts.

I've had constant bullying from you and personal comments and they have been addressed in the past to moderators.

I've had a bizarre banning from you that Edward had to quicky overturn because it was so illogical... so illogical it was also accompanied by apologigies from other moderators. One long time moderator (no not Alonzo) PM'd me this:

You got painted into a corner. I think it was realized and you had a lot of supporters. "

That's the technique: paint me into a corner.

I even had another weird directive from you not to post links to articles written in a foriegn language. Edward even had to rule on that too.

A perfect example of Zippy's baiting/bullying style can be seen in this thread... do take a look: http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23728

Note his comments and tone. Note mine.

And please note in that post it is Zippy who drags in MTG for absolutely no reason:

^
You can't possibly be that dense not to understand what I meant; so I'm assuming that you're trying to engage in another ridiculous argument. Sorry to disappoint you.

I'm sure MTG will be back soon.

Read it in context. Note the completely out-of-the-blue billigerent tone, the wild accusations, the desire to pick a fight and pit forum members against one another. MTG was not even a part of this thread. Again deliberately trying to paint me into a corner.

And he has done it before. If you deliberatly provoke in that way... then it is only logical that I might take the bait and respond in same. If you don't want others to do it then stop. You are a moderator.

I could go on here but this thread is about the latest: I can't put what you say in quotes. Otherwise the post is removed.

Note too that he keeps saying over, and over again, that he wants no contact with me, but he responds to my posts in the Cordoba thread even when they are not directed to him.

If I don't want contact with a poster, I simply don't respond.

Ninjahedge
September 16th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Why so much bile, Ninj?

I spit up what I am forced to injest.

Less bile will produce less bile Abl, and you, of all people, should talk.

ZippyTheChimp
September 16th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Just give him infraction points every time he disrespects you. They add up and he gets banned which means the rest of us can enjoy the forum until he returns.I can't really expect you to understand; you don't have the information, and it's why I said this could only be settled by Edward.

I also said in post #6
I don't care who is at fault; that's just another argument. I accept my share of blame in the matter; you just want to prove you're right, and have this nonsense go on.Ant that's what he's doing in post #40.

In post #1 Fabrizio states:
He says in this just received PM: "I said I would not quote you and delete posts in which you quoted me."Makes it sound like the issue just popped up doesn't it? I sent him a similar PM on Aug 12, and the no-contact issue goes back before the Cordoba thread.

It involves a few other moderators and moderator-politics; this thread by BR (http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23969); a still-unresolved issue involving another member; and an attempt by 2 moderators to have me removed as moderator.

At that point there was an unrepairable animosity between me and Fabrizio. I didn't want any part of it anymore. I tried to ignore it, and it worked for awhile, but found myself in the middle of another fight.

I don't care what Fabrizio says to whomever; his moderator-friends can take care of it.

The bottom line:
I don't like like, but don't want to fight.
He doesn't like me, but wants to fight.

He'll claim he doesn't understand this, and ask for examples, blah-blah.

Actually, he just doesn't "get it."

(http://wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23969)

infoshare
September 16th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Note too that he keeps saying over, and over again, that he wants no contact with me, but he responds to my posts in the Cordoba thread even when they are not directed to him.

If I don't want contact with a poster, I simply don't respond.

YOU choose who you want to engage with here: even if they quote you - just leave it alone.

There are more than enogh ‘eyeballs’ around to see if you are sincere about not wanting to interact with another member/mod – so simply just do not respond to that person regardless of what they say about you OR your posts.

You have the opportunity here to ‘prove’ that you want the solution more than you want the argument.

ZippyTheChimp
September 16th, 2010, 08:48 AM
^
Infoshare, don't you have an agenda-item in the mod forum?

Ninjahedge
September 16th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Fab, bottom line.

Stop. Just stop. You know what you are doing, you know what it does. Feigned ignorance is not an excuse.

"Oh that was cute"... Maybe, if you did not already have strained relations it would have been fine, but if you just got into a fight with someone you really do not have the ground to stand on to start joking around with them. "Baloney with yadda yadd yadda" is another example of glib derogatory commenting.

Innocent by context only works if the context is the same on both sides.

Fabrizio
September 16th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Zippy writes: "Makes it sound like the issue just popped up doesn't it?"

Note the correct quote:

"My posts are being removed in the Cordoba House thread.

He says in this just received PM: "I said I would not quote you and delete posts in which you quoted me."

I "have had" an ultimatum. "Have had" ties the present to the past.

He says in a just recieved PM: "I said I would not...."

"said" past tense. Also indicates that there had been previous discussion about this.

The topic was brought up now because threads were no disapearing. There was a post by ablarc hanging in mid-air.

Good grief.

ZippyTheChimp
September 16th, 2010, 08:57 AM
^
See what I mean, Stache?

Fabrizio
September 16th, 2010, 08:57 AM
Ninj: look at your last post in the Cordoba thread: "You are not dense, you are obstinant, and cannot stand it when people do not play with you....nice or otherwise."

Now tell me again about "glib derogatory commenting."

I've taken no-pot shots against you here or there. But look at you.

Because I feel that I have to tip-toe around you and not upset the apple-cart... take a look at Lofter's post to you of the book-covers and take a hint.

Fabrizio
September 16th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Zip: as long as keep telling falsities I will continue. If you don't want to fight as you say... then stop. You are the one who continued there. And what does it matter if there had been a discussion a few weeks ago about this? Who cares. What difference does it make? The posts began disapearing now in a way that was noticable.

ZippyTheChimp
September 16th, 2010, 09:08 AM
^
See my post 2.

Your the one drawing others in: "You guys figure it out"

Best response so far: "Is there an "Ignore This Thread" option? "

Fabrizio
September 16th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Asking others to figure things out for themselves is drawing others in? Really?

You say: "Your the one drawing others in" ...but in the same breath you say: "See what I mean, Stache?"

ZippyTheChimp
September 16th, 2010, 09:20 AM
^
Stache was already here, on your thread, and asked a question.

infoshare
September 16th, 2010, 09:29 AM

And then again: you could always just end it with a song. This 'classic' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8_FOQ7-P30) comes to mind.

Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8_FOQ7-P30

Ninjahedge
September 16th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Zip, he has used that third person declarative method on other things as well, often siting "we" instead of "I" or "us" instead of "me".

Fab, again, you know what you are doing, and you know it is not right. You are entitled to your opinion, but in the best interest of the forum, please restrain yourself. Others here have had to do similar with other posters to avoid arguments. I myself have ignored posts from yourself, MTG, that English hating guy and even Daq to avoid fights.

I do not completely ignore them, for they are part of the forum, but if I come into a thread about England and I see whats-his-face posting there, I simply do not READ it. I know what he will be saying and it will not help to get mad at him.

So, it is not my job, or anybody elses for that matter, to go around and tag/count every one of your posts and transgressions. you are an adult and you know what you are doing. The SIMPLEST thing you could do right now would be to NOT respond to Zip or MTG (if he comes back) and avoid your habit of glibness and last-word adjoins you relish so much.

You are a clever and intelligent man, or you truly would not be this annoying to some people. Please use your powers for the forces of Good.....

Just stay away from the tights. I think they went out of style in the 50's...... ;)

Ninjahedge
September 16th, 2010, 09:47 AM

Yes.

Answering rhetorical questions can become really tedious fab. :rolleyes:

Fabrizio
September 16th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Ninj: those books are available at Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Overcoming-Anger-Irritability-William-Davies/dp/1854875957

(Look over there to the left. Look at that face. Do I look like someone who could post any other way?)

--

Infoshare: J'dore that number by Dave Mason. Just beautiful.

Ninjahedge
September 16th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Fab, thanks but you are not my shrink. :p

Just know that the face does not mean it is impossible to behave differently, just difficult.

You DO contribute, but stop smacking the hand you just handed a cookie to. It actually makes it worse than doing nothing.

Fabrizio
September 16th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Ninj: I don't know how to respond to you in a serious way. You tell me about glib snide comments but again just yesterday in the Cordoba thread you do this:

"^Zip, don't worry about it. Ain't worth it."

You can do that, but others can't.

In the next post after that one, you ask me a series of retorical questions. Again: you can but others can't.

You tell me that I'm not your shrink, but you go on and on with character analysis.

Ninj, I'm truly not interested in your advice.

ablarc
September 16th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Best to drop it.

lofter1
September 16th, 2010, 11:38 AM
http://savant7.com/rrblog/rockem_sockem_robots.jpg

Fabrizio
September 16th, 2010, 11:48 AM
http://savant7.com/rrblog/rockem_sockem_robots.jpg

I love the look they have. Excuse me for the rhetorical question, but does anyone remember Grace Jones?

--

lofter1
September 16th, 2010, 12:15 PM
The perfect rock 'em sock 'em match up ...

http://fashion-stylist.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/image/grace-jones2.jpg..http://www.moviehole.net/wp-content/uploads/dolph.jpg

Ninjahedge
September 16th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Ninj: I don't know how to respond to you in a serious way. You tell me about glib snide comments but again just yesterday in the Cordoba thread you do this:

"^Zip, don't worry about it. Ain't worth it."

It is not worth him worrying about it. How is that "glib". How is reassuring him and telling him not to worry about your ENDLESS complaints "glib". I did not call YOU worthless, I did not say you were stupid, I said, do not worry about this, let it go.

Is it always necessary to define every phrases context with you?

Again, rhetoical.

You can do that, but others can't.

Again with the pluralization. You do not speak for everyone, so stop it.

Not only that, you are comparing things that are not alike. If I said "he's not worth it" it would have been attributable to you. Drop the ego and start brushing up on your grammar.

In the next post after that one, you ask me a series of retorical questions. Again: you can but others can't.

Again with the pluralization. So me questioning your rhetoricals with rhetoricals is not allowed? Do you like splitting hairs or is it just something that comes naturally?

Pssst! THAT was rhetorical too!!!!!! OMG!!!!!

You tell me that I'm not your shrink, but you go on and on with character analysis.

You refer me to a book that implies I need anger management. Honestly, I was not angry intil you inferred it. Are you saying I have a problem and should seek help? Again, you are not my shrink.

You, OTOH, are bothering people and starting fights. I am not being your shrink when I tell you this. At best I am being your guidance councelor trying to keep you from starting fights on the playground and stop calling the teacher names.

Ninj, I'm truly not interested in your advice.

We aren't interested in yours either. If you are not interested, then don't reply!

Try doing the same with Zip, which is what was suggested and demanded at the very start.

Tell you what. You stop being a PIT.....keister and I will stop giving you advice?

Fair enough? :rolleyes:

lofter1
September 16th, 2010, 01:45 PM
http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/pissing.jpg

Fabrizio
September 16th, 2010, 02:17 PM
A sculpture of 2 guys peeing below a load of crap.

lofter1
September 16th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Lol

stache
September 16th, 2010, 06:52 PM
^
See what I mean, Stache?

Blissfully, no, as I have him on my /ignore feature. Good luck with this, Zip.

GordonGecko
September 16th, 2010, 09:45 PM
-1 to censorship of any kind

Fabrizio
September 17th, 2010, 03:59 AM
It's so weird....since I've been on Stache's ignore list I find that it's easier to get reservations at fine restaurants.

hbcat
September 17th, 2010, 06:24 AM
I found that "Ignore This Thread" button.

Push here >>>> ESC / Ignore Thread (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzgjiPBCsss)

Fabrizio
September 17th, 2010, 07:51 AM
And you. You should be banned for doing that. Would someone please notify Edward? That's most irritating song since "Don't Worry, Be Happy". It will now be rolling around my head all afternoon. Thanks a lot.

Ninjahedge
September 17th, 2010, 09:50 AM
zombo.com (http://wirednewyork.com/forum/zombo.com)

hbcat
September 17th, 2010, 02:29 PM
My work here is done.

Bob
September 17th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Wow. I thought I was the only one who felt WNY got on my nerves, every so often. That said, I'm back.

OmegaNYC
September 18th, 2010, 12:35 PM
^^^ Welcome back! You're joining us at a very interesting time.

Personally, I think this thread should be.. well you know:

lofter1
September 18th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Good to have a rant repository on the forum.

[not that I'm negating the validity of poster's concerns]

Plus it's a nice respite from real estate and news and stuff.

BankerToBe
September 18th, 2010, 06:26 PM
My posts are being removed in the Cordoba House thread.

My posts were absolutely fine. But if any of my posts are out of line...offensive...against forum rules, please inform me and I will be the first to appologise.

But this, besides being just ...odd... is censorship.

Since he started doing this, I have begun doing screenshots of my posts.

Im shocked, shocked to discover that there is favoritism, HOT HEADED NESS or ideological pandering in this forum!

HU DA
HELL WOULDA
THUNK?

http://img.youtube.com/vi/zidOM78BGeg/0.jpg

Ninjahedge
September 20th, 2010, 08:06 AM
There you go Fab.

Support from B2B, what else could you ask for?

:rolleyes:

Fabrizio
September 20th, 2010, 09:47 AM
^

Im shocked, shocked to discover that there is favoritism, HOT HEADED NESS or ideological pandering in this forum!

BankertoBe: along with the favoritism, hot headedness and ideological pandering ...you might want to also add schizoaffective disorder with a touch of narcissistic rage.

Ninjahedge
September 20th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Stop going so hard on yourself.

Fabrizio
September 20th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Noose at eleven.

Ninjahedge
September 20th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Time to see how well hung you really are?

Fabrizio
September 20th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Yo Ninja... about that sculpture Lofter posted: be careful where you put your tongue when the weather's below freezing.

lofter1
September 20th, 2010, 08:50 PM
That would be one F*ing cold (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_freezing_point_of_'urine') day.

Ninjahedge
September 21st, 2010, 07:56 AM
Fab, we all know which way you swing, but that was knot funny.

BankerToBe
September 24th, 2010, 09:27 PM
^

BankertoBe: along with the favoritism, hot headedness and ideological pandering ...you might want to also add schizoaffective disorder with a touch of narcissistic rage.

Also known by doctors as Scotchman's Forum Revenge?

hbcat
September 25th, 2010, 12:32 AM
That would be one F*ing cold (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_freezing_point_of_'urine') day.

Lofter --
your mind --
no one else would have thought of that link. ;)

lofter1
September 25th, 2010, 12:48 AM
I put two and two together and then ... googled. Voilà!

Ninjahedge
September 26th, 2010, 09:46 PM
He's a reall piss-ant....... ;)

MidtownGuy
October 24th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Boo hoo.

This thread...What a joke!

Fabrizio
October 24th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Good to have a rant repository on the forum.

[not that I'm negating the validity of poster's concerns]

Plus it's a nice respite from real estate and news and stuff.

^ Thank you. Agreed.

Dr.T
October 28th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Boo hoo.

This thread...What a joke!

I don't believe it... this thread is 100% art ! :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1pEYX7PisA&feature=related

Come on Fabrizio, your fans are waiting for new rounds ! ;)
¡ Torero ! ¡Torero ! ¡Torero !

MidtownGuy
October 28th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Oh shut up and stop instigating like a 5 year old.
Torero my balls.:rolleyes:

Dr.T
October 28th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Oh shut up and stop instigating like a 5 year old.
Torero my balls.:rolleyes:

Shut up ?
Am I being censored by MTG? :confused:
... it was a joke ! haaah :rolleyes:

MidtownGuy
October 28th, 2010, 11:45 AM
...or just keep talking and show us more of the 5 year old.

Ninjahedge
October 28th, 2010, 01:26 PM
I think this thread is finished.

Can we just lock it and move on?

Fabrizio
October 28th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Dr.T: Olay!

(at least that's how I say it.)

MidtownGuy
October 28th, 2010, 01:53 PM
^ so then, is it as good for the wrinkles and bags as they say, pa?

Fabrizio
October 28th, 2010, 02:10 PM
BTW Dr.T:

Castella... isn't that the matador who was famously mauled in the groin a while back? How's he doing? Did they sew it all back together?

ablarc
October 28th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Didn't the five year-old start in post 90, with "Boo-hoo."?

MidtownGuy
October 28th, 2010, 03:25 PM
^ and now you have to put your two cents in.

Apparently, like Dr. T, you're just here to instigate as well.

Considering I was mentioned here several times in my absence, I have an excuse for commenting here at this point (and I could have said more than "boo hoo" but chose to keep it brief).

Then there's you... dropping another fly-by insult at someone before heading back to your perch on the anti-Muslim threads for more kicks...you have no reason for adding fuel to any fires here. So mind yer business.

stache
October 28th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Well you hit that nail squarely on the head.

Dr.T
October 29th, 2010, 04:40 AM
^ and now you have to put your two cents in.

Apparently, like Dr. T, you're just here to instigate as well.

Considering I was mentioned here several times in my absence, I have an excuse for commenting here at this point (and I could have said more than "boo hoo" but chose to keep it brief).

Then there's you... dropping another fly-by insult at someone before heading back to your perch on the anti-Muslim threads for more kicks...you have no reason for adding fuel to any fires here. So mind yer business.

Breaking news from bullring: bull attacks to spectators ! :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZmrdCqm4_c&feature=related

haaaah... Fantastic !

NOTE: I haven't any problems with Muslims except in your mind, because I live in Murcia (200 km away Algeria) and I like to go to Oran to buy tobacco on my boat every week... haaaah :D

ablarc
October 29th, 2010, 06:28 AM
I have an excuse for commenting here
Excuses are needed to comment?

I could have said more than "boo hoo" but chose to keep it brief).
At once concise and eloquent for a five-year-old at a playground.

Ninjahedge
October 29th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Can we start censoring again?

stache
October 29th, 2010, 08:47 AM
^ LOL Ninja!

MidtownGuy
October 29th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Breaking news from bullring: bull attacks to spectators ! :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZmrdCqm4_c&feature=related

haaaah... Fantastic !

NOTE: I haven't any problems with Muslims except in your mind, because I live in Murcia (200 km away Algeria) and I like to go to Oran to buy tobacco on my boat every week... haaaah :D

Perhaps you need help comprehending English correctly. That portion of my comments weren't addressed to you so your response makes no sense.

*By the way, I'm glad that happened at the bullring, and I wished the bull would have done more damage. Your country continues that disgusting animal cruelty and calls it culture....bravo Catalonia for banning it soon.

MidtownGuy
October 29th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Excuses are needed to comment?

It wasn't a comment, just another fly-by insult when no one was even addressing you.

At once concise and eloquent for a five-year-old at a playground.

And yet here you are, rolling around in the sandbox too. Next you'll be flinging feces. Oh...wait...that already happened on every thread that relates to Muslims. Carry on.:rolleyes:

Ninjahedge
October 29th, 2010, 09:35 AM
So, MTG, how long have you been working at the UN?

MidtownGuy
October 29th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Since the Declaration by United Nations in 1942, when I pledged to fight an axis of Three Stooges, apparently now hiding out on WNY.

Ninjahedge
October 29th, 2010, 10:48 AM
No Shemp??!?

:(

lofter1
October 29th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Why anyone would think that anything written on a public forum can't or shouldn't be addressed by anyone who reads it -- whether it be a long-timer or a newbie -- is beyond me.

If someone wants to address someone solely and individually then that's what PM's are for. Otherwise the forum is open and loose and folks should accept that, and drop the "I wasn't talking to you" or "Don't talk to me" stuff.

Of course it's always helpful [not that I totally abide by this] if we all address the issue of the post / opinions of the poster rather than comment on the poster his / her self.

stache
October 29th, 2010, 12:26 PM
And who asked you to butt in? :p

ablarc
October 29th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Feel free to ignore him. ;)

MidtownGuy
October 29th, 2010, 01:11 PM
^ Boo Hoo :p
and this time that is directed at you.

Dr.T
October 29th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Perhaps you need help comprehending English correctly. That portion of my comments weren't addressed to you so your response makes no sense.

*By the way, I'm glad that happened at the bullring, and I wished the bull would have done more damage. Your country continues that disgusting animal cruelty and calls it culture....bravo Catalonia for banning it soon.

There are bullfights throughout the Americas (recently also in Las Vegas, although there do not kill the bulls in the ring, are killed in the slaughterhouse of the city after the round). That said, I will remember that Sebastian Castella is not Spaniard, because he's French (born in Beziers). There are many bullrings in France (Nimes, Arles, Beziers, Bayona, Dax,...) and a great support to bullfightings in this country, with millions of fans. One of the biggest supporters of Castella is the French president, Nicolas Sarkozy, who recognizes a great fan of bullfightings: he likes very much to visit all French bullrings and chat with bullfighters. But maybe you do not know that there are even bullrings in Africa and Muslims haven't any trouble to contemplate the show: Ceuta, Melilla in Spain... and Oran in Algeria (the bullring has been closed for 20 years, but there are proyects to re-open). :p

http://portaltaurino.com/plazas/francia/francia.htm

To finish, Catalonia has tried to ban the bullfights in its Regional Parliament (true!), but it isn't the first Community in this topic: Bullfightings are forbiden many years ago in Canarian Islands by a regional law ... What is a news for you in this topic? You must remember that in all cities festivities of Catalonia are still celebrating the 'corre-bous' that are not prohibited: an old Catalonian tradition consisting of placing fire on the horns of the bull to attack people in a town square (the bull is blinded by it and after round killed at the slaughterhouse ....) and also don't forget that Barcelona city is the only one city on the world with 3 bullrings. :cool:

http://www.rtve.es/mediateca/videos/20100922/cataluna-blindara-los-correbous-tras-prohibir-los-toros/883489.shtml

Thank for delete to me on the list of anti-Islam alliance in WNY-F (had not heard nothing of it before, I still thought that my name it was noted by you in this list as one of the bad boys on the forum). Finally, after several months, you think the same that University of Mecca... haaah ! :rolleyes:

http://uqu.edu.sa/page/ar/93078

stache
October 29th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Once again in English? :confused:

Fabrizio
October 29th, 2010, 05:42 PM
DrT: Your English is quite good and the post is understandable.

----

... then you run across someone like him that likes to antagonize others.... like he has some kind of right to be obnoxious to others.

MidtownGuy
October 29th, 2010, 05:57 PM
^stache nailed it.

and phrases like"contemplate the show" and "only one city on the world" have a cute electronic-translation-y sound.

---
Dr.T: big fuzzy thanks for the geography of bullfighting spiel; none of it changes the fact that it's a douchebag form of entertainment.

Dr.T
October 29th, 2010, 06:37 PM
^stache nailed it.

and phrases like"contemplate the show" and "only one city on the world" have a cute electronic-translation-y sound.

---
Dr.T: big fuzzy thanks for the geography of bullfighting spiel; none of it changes the fact that it's a douchebag form of entertainment.

haaaah... My translator machine is made in Mecca... hahahaaaaah
Maybe this is the reason because muslims don't understand to you.... haaaaah :rolleyes:

stache
October 29th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Sincerely hoping you find yourself amusing -

GordonGecko
October 30th, 2010, 02:45 PM
I see this thread is still active for some reason

Ninjahedge
November 1st, 2010, 08:34 AM
I pity the fool.

MidtownGuy
November 1st, 2010, 10:56 AM
^lol. good one!

Ninjahedge
November 1st, 2010, 11:57 AM
Sometimes the fewest words say the most.

Fabrizio
November 1st, 2010, 02:04 PM
^lol. good one!

Midtown got it exactly right. Hit the nail on the head. Struck a home run. Pinned the tail on the donkey.

Ninja, you mean to say, you've actually got time to pity others?

----

Seriously though: How's it been going lately?

Still hating life?

MidtownGuy
November 1st, 2010, 02:16 PM
oh:) so glad for your enthusiasm fabby. enjoy it gurl.

Mr. T used to say "I pity the fool", so it was clever considering we've got a goofy Dr. T on our hands here. And you, soliciting pity for "censorship". :rolleyes:

The inquiry about NH's personal situation may or may not be genuine, but he's done a good job of sizing you up on this thread.

Now you go on, git back to the Mosque thread... yer seat's gettin' cold.

Fabrizio
November 1st, 2010, 02:29 PM
^ yes right. And you can go back to your bizarre-fascination-with-Berlusconi thread.

----

We have Ninja telling us a while back:

"I think this thread is finished. Can we just lock it and move on?"

MidtownGuy
November 1st, 2010, 02:39 PM
yet here you are:confused:
mosque...cordoba house...muslims....they're waiting for you!

Fabrizio
November 1st, 2010, 02:43 PM
And Berlusconi is waiting for you....

MidtownGuy
November 1st, 2010, 02:51 PM
That'll be the day.
I actually think it was you that was riding his ____.

But seriously... those scary people are still trying to put up a community center in lower Manhattan....and the opposition is counting on some guy in Tuscany to hold the fort down here. So you better git goin'. The hatin' is getting cold after a day or so without you.

Fabrizio
November 1st, 2010, 02:58 PM
^ This from the guy fascinated with Berlusconi and his sex life.

MidtownGuy
November 1st, 2010, 03:15 PM
Yeah, right. For the sake of reality: fabby mentioned the sexual mojo of that old piece of rigor mortis more than I ever did.

Now that he mentions it again, how come he isn't posting about Berly anymore? 'cause I'm not there? oh, he's so romantic!
...and fickle...now it's all about Pam Geller and the spooky Muslims.

Fabrizio
November 1st, 2010, 03:19 PM
^ As usual you nailed it.

Yes, Pam Geller.... I do like the woman. As I have praised her constantly here...and have posted so many articles by ....and about her.

MidtownGuy
November 1st, 2010, 03:21 PM
Just get a new record to play.

ZippyTheChimp
November 1st, 2010, 06:06 PM
I pity the fool.

^lol. good one!

Mr. T used to say "I pity the fool", I couldn't figure it out. It was bothering me all day.

Ninjahedge
November 2nd, 2010, 08:14 AM
I couldn't figure it out. It was bothering me all day.

I have a knack for that.

hbcat
November 2nd, 2010, 01:43 PM
I have developed a love/hate, compulsive relationship with this thread. I can't help looking in at every update, but also want it to stop. Nothing seems to hinder its growth and progress.

Heck, someone even tried an H-bomb about five pages ago. On it went, like Mothra or Godzilla.

Can a thread be a troll? Are we being trolled by a thread? Has it come to this?

ZippyTheChimp
November 2nd, 2010, 01:47 PM
I have a knack for that.

Perplexing me?

Bothering me?

Both?

Ninjahedge
November 3rd, 2010, 09:02 AM
Don't flatter yourself.

I do that to everybody. :(