PDA

View Full Version : Can the forum owner replace the mods in the political section?

sterpetron
January 22nd, 2011, 05:46 PM
Since the far left moderator and its sycophants have effectively destroyed the political section with its complete intolerance of any opinions or posters that are not far left, and at this point have driven activity in that section to near zero posts per day, is there any chance the forum ownership can remove the current moderator with someone rational?

Or does the owner not care that that section has been utterly destroyed as a viable discussion forum?

All I can say is that good job, zippy, you now have less than one post per day in your section, and haven't had any in almost 4 days, well done.

stache
January 22nd, 2011, 06:08 PM
There's two posts from yesterday. :confused:

stache
January 22nd, 2011, 06:30 PM
All I can say is that you now have less than one post per day in your section.

I thought this was Zippy's section:11968

ZippyTheChimp
January 22nd, 2011, 07:04 PM
All I can say is that good job, zippy, you now have less than one post per day in your section, and haven't had any in almost 4 days, well done.You don't know what you're talking about:
There are no moderated sections.
You can't count.
You don't understand why you were suspended.

I guess two more weeks won't change anything. Goodbye forever.

lofter1
January 22nd, 2011, 09:17 PM
Well, at least sterpetron (http://wirednewyork.com/forum/search.php?searchid=128006) came back swinging. So sad he missed the ball.

http://dcdrecords.com/blog_images/LuckPoster.jpg

Fabrizio
January 23rd, 2011, 06:52 AM
I've been posting here for a few years now.

He may be exaggerating the situation, but Sterpetron is not entirely wrong.

MidtownGuy
January 23rd, 2011, 07:25 AM
Ha!

Zippy is one of the most competent moderators on this forum.

Piggybacking one's own gripes and long held grudges onto those of this idiot Sterpetron is not going to convince anyone of "censorship", or whatever else dubious complaints one has made over those "years of posting".

Fabrizio
January 23rd, 2011, 07:42 AM
A bias does run through the forum. I don't think that's so unusual or unavoidable but IMHO it does exist.

On the other hand, unfortunately, many of those with opposing viewpoints (or more conservative viewpoints) on political issues have been absolute idiots.... impossible to reason with. And that doesn't help things either.

MidtownGuy
January 23rd, 2011, 07:43 AM
True...some people just absolutely don't know when to keep quiet.

stache
January 23rd, 2011, 07:53 AM
I've said it before but the /ignore function makes Fab EXTREMELY quiet. ;)

ablarc
January 23rd, 2011, 01:12 PM
As a long-time and valuable contributor, does Fabrizio need to be ganged upon as if his contributions are drivel?

Quite a few members are more prolific producers of nonsense.

You don't have to agree with him, but treat him with respect to his face --just as you might John Boehner.

MidtownGuy
January 23rd, 2011, 02:02 PM
People who cultivate respect and show it to others are the ones who typically receive it in return. Everything else is B.S.

John Boehner, you say? Given half the opportunity, I would tell him to his rat face that trying to repeal health legislation that guarantees insurance for children with preexisting conditions is an action that makes him an immoral bastard and a piss poor human being....that he deserves no respect and that ultimately his own God will judge him when he croaks. Then I would look for the Chinese truck selling the giant egg rolls near the Capitol Building and eat my lunch thanking the founders for my freedom of speech.

Unfortunately, free speech at wiredNY is less guaranteed than in a real public square... or we wouldn't have to keep thinking of clever new ways to say "you retard, shut the F up" without actually saying it.:D

Fabrizio
January 23rd, 2011, 02:38 PM
Ablarc... LOL.... you were doing pretty well until that last line...

stache
January 23rd, 2011, 02:49 PM
If Fabby wants more respect, for starters he can show more respect for the Mods, Zippy in particular. And since when do two people constitute 'ganging up.?

infoshare
January 23rd, 2011, 08:44 PM
You don't have to agree with him, but treat him with respect to his face --just as you might John Boehner.

As you well know by now: one will get 'respect' here from 'some members' if-and-only-if they are willing to tow the left-wing political party line.

They are 'understandably' protecting any untoward affronts to their world-view: this being an open/public forum and in NYC - the forums are actually more "fair and balanced" than one may reasonably expect.

And, (IMHO) FAB is by far one of the more intelligent (and entertaining) members here at WNY: I for one am glad he is at least willing to go 'slumming' here in the political forums. (LOL)

lofter1
January 23rd, 2011, 09:06 PM
And if it's perceived that some posters aren't towing whatever line a particular enforcer might deem appropriate then the wrath spews forth.

That line is towed on a two way street.

ZippyTheChimp
January 24th, 2011, 12:26 AM
Tow the line?

lofter1
January 24th, 2011, 12:56 AM
Using the phrase as referenced ...

... one will get 'respect' here from 'some members' if-and-only-if they are willing to tow the left-wing political party line.

Ninjahedge
January 24th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Sterp.

OMG, what got into your head w/that? You piss off the mods, get suspended for not following the rules that they are trying to enforce, and then come back asking for their removal?

On top of that, you do that on your 7th post? How dumb ARE you?

Wait, don't answer that, you are banned... ;)

As for the whole Left Wing/Line Towing/Gang B...Up on Fab. Enough. Amazing when some people cannot get people to agree with them that they are so quick to either try to burn them at the stake, or start dragging around their own cross (to bear).

Or both.

What MOST people do not like about Fab's posts are not his opinions, but how he presents them. He comes in, is glib about another's posts, posts his own feelings on the SUBJECT, then insults the poster (usually MTG).

Example:

'I believe Berlusconi is doing great in Ital compared to what is there. Many do not understand Italy, etc etc.....'

OK, not bad to start.....

Then:

'But I would not expect any of you to know this.'

Blam.

MOST of the people here are extremely well informed bright individuals with large amounts of information and insight so share. But some like to play the victim, or trump up as an unjustly assigned pariah. Some are defensive (guilty) and some are aggressive (guilty again).

The bottom line is, this is still a pretty good, and remarkably accepting forum. Don't believe me? Try surfing around a bit. You want conservative? Go to places like city-data.com. Look at areas like "Northern Jersey" and you get people calling you a commie for even saying "Welfare". You get mods penalizing you for DISAGREEING with them or hat they do! (You do not even insult, all you have to do is say "Why did you ban such and such", and you risk getting points!).

On the flip, go to some of the sites centered on NYC, Boston, Atlanta, San Fran. You think this is "liberal"? Puh-lease.

The only thing liberal about this site is ITS WILLINGNESS TO ACCEPT DIFFERING VIEWPOINTS!

The one thing we ALL have to keep in mind when posting here is that you are ALLOWED to post your opinion, the hard part comes when you have to take your posts and address it generically, not directly at another when you know it may cause some turmoil.

No rhetoricals, no "but some people" and no (other) third person addresses that everyone knows who it is really directed at.

The saddest thing is, a guy comes in here and yells at a mod after only 7 posts, insults the site and is unwilling (obviously) to compromise, but yet he still gets shades of support from people?

That just ain't right.

Fabrizio
January 24th, 2011, 09:53 AM
What MOST people do not like about Fab's posts are not his opinions, but how he presents them. He comes in, is glib about another's posts, posts his own feelings on the SUBJECT, then insults the poster (usually MTG).

Example:

'I believe Berlusconi is doing great in Ital compared to what is there. Many do not understand Italy, etc etc.....'
OK, not bad to start.....
Then:
'But I would not expect any of you to know this.'
Blam.

^ Wha? Ninja... you can't just go making up stuff like this. Please produce an example. And while we are waiting, could you tell us what any of this has to do with anything? Dragging in the Berlusconi thread... ?

Folks, that thread is there for all to see. And as I've said.... if any of my posts are out of line please inform me and I will be the first to apologize.

-----

For the rest: Please read Stache and Midtown's comments here and compare them to what I actually wrote. All I wrote was the following:

"I've been posting here for a few years now.
He may be exaggerating the situation, but Sterpetron is not entirely wrong."

"A bias does run through the forum. I don't think that's so unusual or unavoidable but IMHO it does exist. On the other hand, unfortunately, many of those with opposing viewpoints (or more conservative viewpoints) on political issues have been absolute idiots.... impossible to reason with. And that doesn't help things either."

^ Nothing about this is particularly damning. I've also criticized the conservative voices here. And note please the "IMHO".

And finally compare my comments to Lofter's. Is there much difference?

Good grief.

Fabrizio
January 24th, 2011, 10:12 AM
And Stache... he never tires of telling the forum that he has me on ignore.

(wink, wink)

Ninjahedge
January 24th, 2011, 10:49 AM
^ Wha? Ninja... you can't just go making up stuff like this. Please produce an example. And while we are waiting, could you tell us what any of this has to do with anything? Dragging in the Berlusconi thread... ?

No.

You have done this enough that you know it as well as the rest. Feigning ignorance does not work for an intelligent person such as yourself. :)

Folks, that thread is there for all to see. And as I've said.... if any of my posts are out of line please inform me and I will be the first to apologize.

You will be the first to question unless the accuser sites what you have done, examples of it in the past, and 3 material witnesses to verify their own veracity.

"I've been posting here for a few years now.
He may be exaggerating the situation, but Sterpetron is not entirely wrong."

I am not saying this was wrong. I don't think many were...

"A bias does run through the forum. I don't think that's so unusual or unavoidable but IMHO it does exist. On the other hand, unfortunately, many of those with opposing viewpoints (or more conservative viewpoints) on political issues have been absolute idiots.... impossible to reason with. And that doesn't help things either."

The bias is subjective depending on your (3rd person, not YOU fab...) point of view. No conservative has been banned because a differing of opinion. It has only happened when gross generalizations and/or insults have started to be slung.

"Typical Liberals" is a good example, although it may not be directly applicable to all cases.

Nothing about this is particularly damning. I've also criticized the conservative voices here. And note please the "IMHO".

IMHO is about the same as "Don't take this the wrong way".

"Don't take this the wrong way or nothin', but you're an idiot".....
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22don%27t+take+this+the+wrong+way%2C+but +you%27re%22&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGLL_en

Ninjahedge
January 24th, 2011, 10:51 AM
And Stache... he never tires of telling the forum that he has me on ignore.

(wink, wink)

Talk to the hand......

sorta.

stache
January 24th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Poor Fabby, up there on the cross.

lofter1
January 24th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Y'all are starting to make me miss sterpetron :cool:

Ninjahedge
January 24th, 2011, 11:53 AM
The only way I would miss him is if I was throwing things at him. ;)