PDA

View Full Version : Working in Long Island

Millenia98
August 23rd, 2011, 12:03 PM
Hello! I’m Marie. I’ve been living in NYC for 3.5 years now and have always worked in the city (live in Rosedale next to Valley Stream).
Since I’m originally from Miami, FL – I took an immediate liking to Long Island when I moved to NY– especially Carle Place, Roosevelt Field area, Rockville Centre, Lynbrook, Oceanside, Long Beach. I guess because they’re so family oriented and very restaurant/family friendly/young.

I have always wanted to work on L.I. b/c it’s so much of a shorter commute (and the comfort of driving
work in my car). I’m tired of the city stress. So, I was thinking about switching from working in the city to somewhere in Nassau County (north shore or preferably south shore).

I know there is a possibility I might hate working on L.I., but I’m ready to give it a chance. What should I expect as far as a drastic change like this? I don’t really care about delis, stores in the city, so those don’t matter since we don’t often hang out in the city. There really isn’t a dull moment. That much I’ll probably miss.

For reference. I’m a 29 yr old professional. My husband is 33. We won’t have kids for a few years but we’re definitely raising our kids on the island. When we buy a house, it will also be on the island. We’re young, but don’t really like to party anymore unless on vacation. We’re mall rats and restaurant goers.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks! Marie

antinimby
August 23rd, 2011, 01:07 PM
Well, LI is suburban but it sounds like that is what you like.