PDA

View Full Version : "New Post" coloration

Ninjahedge
October 12th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Just a request/suggestion if it is possible.

I notice that if ANY thread in a subforum has not been read, that the entire subforum remains in the darker shade reserved for "unread (new) posts".

The thread could be weeks old, but if you have not clicked on it, then the subforum will stay shaded.

Is there any way to make a reset button that would be able to mark a SUBforum as read? Not the entire forum, mind you, just the subforum that you want cleared. I don't know how many others would find this useful, but I know I would greatly appreciate it.

Now, whether this can be done from within the subforum, or simply by clicking a checkbox on the side of the subforum from the main forum page does not really matter, as both would be welcomed.

Just a thought/suggestion/request.

TIA!

stache
October 12th, 2011, 04:11 PM
I find it far easier to just click 'new posts' in the upper left hand corner. I used to do it your way and encountered the same problem.

Ninjahedge
October 13th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I know.... there is just something about seeing the whole forum though....

That and most of the threads I want to read are not about Jersey City, the WTC, The Yankees, Mets OR Jets!!! ;)

eddhead
October 13th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Not even the Jets!!!??

ZippyTheChimp
October 13th, 2011, 12:32 PM
We should always have some weltschmerz on the forum.

Ninjahedge
October 13th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Que?

@Edd, nah. I am just not a sport-head. I appreciate a good game with friends or a highlight reel, but I just do not follow the players and the details. I have had friends who prided themselves on the memorization of stats back 20 years or so on just about any team (but focusing on their favorite, of course), but I never rally found any fun in that.

When I watch a game or go to one, the thing I enjoy most are the people around me.

stache
October 13th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Are you gnawing on their legs? Do you bring barbeque sauce?

ZippyTheChimp
October 13th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Que?Jets fan. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weltschmerz)

Ninjahedge
October 14th, 2011, 09:17 AM
My favorite is that big one Daq keeps posting about!!!

:confused: