PDA

View Full Version : Would it be possible to get a 212 area code for free?

php111
December 20th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Hey everyone,

I haven't been on this forum in a long time.

I have Verizon Wireless as my cell carrier with the iPhone. Would it be possible to get a 212 area code for my cell for completely free? I know they are very hard to get. I could settle with any prefix that comes after the 212, but if I had too pick then I'll say lower east side, something like in the 10013, Canal St, but I'll go easy by saying it doesn't matter. All that matters if it's in the (212).

I don't have credit cards, or debit cards, or any kind of online payment. Where could I find such numbers for free?

stache
December 20th, 2011, 12:50 PM
I think it would be impossible to get a 212 prefix for a cell.

php111
December 20th, 2011, 01:08 PM
What are some other options where I could get a 212 for a cell? Do yourself, or know someone that is giving up a 212 landline number that I could bring it over to my cell carrier?

I'm sorry to ask that question!

eddhead
December 20th, 2011, 03:18 PM
Manhattan cell phone area codes are usually 917, 646 and in rare cases 347. I am not aware that 212 is used for cells, at least no one I know has a cell with a 212 area code.

eddhead
December 20th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Or i could be wrong. Here is a write-up on 212 cell phone numbers
http://212areacode.com/212-area-code-blog/is-it-possible-to-get-a-212-cell-phone-number-quickly/

scumonkey
December 20th, 2011, 07:11 PM
I have a cell with a 212 area code!
I had my 212 land line number switched over- it took weeks...

php111
December 20th, 2011, 07:26 PM
I have a cell with a 212 area code!
I had my 212 land line number switched over- it took weeks...

How could I get a 212 for free?

scumonkey
December 20th, 2011, 07:54 PM
almost nothing is for free in this life- this among them.
And another heads up for you, (unless I'm mistaken) last I heard, the 212 prefix was all but used up.
About the only way to get one, is to pay someone to let go of theirs.

php111
December 20th, 2011, 08:29 PM
almost nothing is for free in this life- this among them.
And another heads up for you, (unless I'm mistaken) last I heard, the 212 prefix was all but used up.
About the only way to get one, is to pay someone to let go of theirs.

What landline phone company I can get to allow me bring over a 212 to a cell as for a port request? I don't have credit\debit cards.

KenNYC
January 2nd, 2012, 12:38 PM
I think it would be impossible to get a 212 prefix for a cell.

Not at all, there's hundreds of 212-numbers for sale on eBay at any given time.

What you actually buy is a pre-pay SIM card (Usually T-Mobile To Go), that you can then port to whatever cell subscription you want.

If you just want a 212 number, but nothing symmetrical or other types of "gold numbers" they're usually going to be $50-100.

If you want some of the symmetrical numbers you will pay from $250 up to a couple of grand for really "cool" numbers (such as 7 consecutive numbers).

Personally, I would pay a lot for the number 212-382-5968.

lofter1
January 2nd, 2012, 05:29 PM
Since you don't want to pay any $$ for it, perhaps you can do some other beneficial work instead.

I thought propositioning other posters was against the WNY rules?

btw: I'm willing to discuss selling my great 212 number, and will consider bids starting in the 6 figures.

stache
January 2nd, 2012, 05:37 PM
I would hate to have to give up my 212#. I feel like one of those old fashioned people that used to give their phone numbers with the alphabetical prefix.

VZW_CS
January 4th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Hello php111! Verizon Wireless doesn't charge customers to get their mobile numbers changed to specific area codes. It's based on availability of numbers within certain area codes. You can use your phone number change options to check for available numbers at www.verizonwireless.com. Simply log into your account, look under the column named "Profile" and click the button called "Change Mobile Number". DionM_VZWFollow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

GordonGecko
January 4th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Hey everyone,

I haven't been on this forum in a long time.

I have Verizon Wireless as my cell carrier with the iPhone. Would it be possible to get a 212 area code for my cell for completely free? I know they are very hard to get. I could settle with any prefix that comes after the 212, but if I had too pick then I'll say lower east side, something like in the 10013, Canal St, but I'll go easy by saying it doesn't matter. All that matters if it's in the (212).

I don't have credit cards, or debit cards, or any kind of online payment. Where could I find such numbers for free?

Do it the easy way, get a landline in Manhattan with a 212 area code. Then you call up your cell provider and ask to port over your number. Your account information must be the same, and your verizon landline account will get cancelled immediately and you will be charged a prorated amount. The biggest cost is the setup fees to get the line in your appartment or office, but that can be avoided