PDA

View Full Version : Where is the nightlife crowd at? (Highest foot traffic at night)

RiverofThoughts
January 12th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Hello New York! I just arrived in NYC from Canada. First of all, I would like to say that you have a fantastic city! its truly a wonder!! I wanted to see if someone can point me in the right place. I am a digital projection artist, I project 3D artwork onto sidewalks temporarily. I am looking for the most foot traffic(excluding time sqaure) at night/dark hours for maximum exposure, including late nights from around 8pm-3am. Where are the late night club/bars at and where can I find the most foot traffic during these hours? What intersection and streets are the most walked at night? Where is the nightlife crowd at?

Thank you. :)

stache
January 12th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Where is the nightlife crowd at?

Thank you. :)

Montreal. This town is dead.

antinimby
January 12th, 2012, 09:55 PM
^ Are you being sarcastic?

RiverofThoughts
January 12th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Anyone have some ideas? instead of telling me to move to another city? lol whats a common street that lots of people/students walk on at night?

antinimby
January 12th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Union Square around Broadway and 14th Street is pretty busy and so is Herald Square. The same goes for Chinatown on or near Canal St./The Bowery.

There are also some streets in the Village with bars and restaurants that's got some late night foot traffic.

Of course any city is going to slow down at night especially in the winter.

lofter1
January 12th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Meatpacking District is crawling at night. And the East Village is lively.

Bleecker Street, although a shadow of it's former self, still has bodies moving to and fro from the Bowery all the way to Seventh and beyond -- and that trek includes a number of places to imbibe along the way.

eddhead
January 13th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Try MacDougal Street down by Cafe Wah?, Red Lion, and Picket Fence for live music. It hops until 4 AM.

NYCTaxiDriver
January 14th, 2012, 12:20 PM
9th Avenue and 14th Street in the Meatpacking is the busiest, and then Times Square also has some people at night.