PDA

View Full Version : Karaoke places in NYC

gc521
June 2nd, 2003, 11:49 PM
Hi, I really need someone to tell me about some nice/affordable KARAOKE places in New York City. The places must have Chinese and English songs, places with alot of new songs are preferred. Please give me the complete addresses so I can go check them out (I get lost alot). Hope you can help. Thank you very much.

ddny
June 3rd, 2003, 09:11 AM
I haven't been to Karoake in NYC, but I believe a saw a couple of them in Korean Town in the 20-30s.

BrooklynRider
June 3rd, 2003, 10:37 AM
There's a place on Bowery (3rd Ave) a block or two south of St. Mark's Place.

billyblancoNYC
June 5th, 2003, 09:52 AM
The one time I went it was actually not bad. *Millie's (I think) in Chinatown. *Very interesting, but kinda well known.

NYatKNIGHT
June 5th, 2003, 10:32 AM
Billy, could you be thinking about Winnie's? That place is fun, if not for its hole-in-the-wall atmosphere. It's on Bayard St. near Mulberry in lower Chinatown. I had a bruiser of a headache last time I was there - great time. My knees mysteriously hurt too the next morning, but my girlfriend reminded me about dropping to my knees for the finale of my last song.

Anyway, that was one of the few times I've been to one, but there are lots of karoke places out there. They seem to pop up out of nowhere when you least expect it.

Zoe
June 7th, 2003, 11:38 AM
BrooklynRider - The place on Bowery is on the corner of 5th and is called Village Karaoke. *Not a bad place, it's two floors and each group gets their own private party room that you can bring beer in or whatever you like. *They do have both english and chinese there. *Enjoy

TLOZ Link5
June 10th, 2004, 01:51 PM
There is also Duets, on 49th Street just off Second Avenue. A nice "traditional" venue with individual booths, catering moreover to an Asian clientele they have a huge selection of Japanese, Chinese and Korean songs, and their English-language songs include most of the major staples.

I know of one in the West Village, but it's a bar with an open karaoke machine. Forget the exact address; I know it's somewhere near Perry Street. The songs there are all English-language, though.

Karaoke Overlord
September 28th, 2009, 05:02 PM
I know of so many places to do Karaoke On Long Island. Nassau/ Suffolk Mostly. But I would try to avoid any shows run by non reputable Karaoke Hosts. Most of the bars are fine but the Karaoke company is a fly by night crew that only lasts a few weeks cause they really are bad and have sub-standard music and equipment.

To find a really good place ask those who frequent Karaoke Locations. They know where sounds good or who has the best selection.

Some K.J.s claim to be the only licensed ones.....And you know who you are..... thats BULL. They try to intimidate the owners by making claims that everyone else has illegal music and if you hire them the bar gets in trouble........ The bar is the one responsible to be licensed. Most are with their Jukebox for a set fee a year with BMI or ASCAP. All they have to do is pay afew more dollars a year to do karaoke and they are covered. Don't fall for the BS handed out by SOME K.J.s

Whether you go to a place run by Long Island Karaoke or their Spin Off company LIKaraoke. Just sing and have fun.....but Singer Beware

meesalikeu
October 11th, 2009, 06:25 PM
there is a great place right next door/upstairs to cho dang gol (on 35th st/just east of 6th ave) that we always go to. you can get the music in a variety of languages.

they have drinks and some food, but i'd eat at cho dang gol first, esp if you like fresh tofu and savory pancakes, they have all the standard korean staples, but thats their specialties -- have fun!

pscoln1
October 20th, 2009, 07:03 PM
This has nothing to do with Korean karaoke but a great karaoke bar uptown called Keats on 2nd ave and I believe 46th street. I would check it out, its a good time from what I remember.