PDA

View Full Version : Silk Road MoCha - Tea bar in Chinatown

TLOZ Link5
June 15th, 2003, 06:33 PM
Has anyone here been to Silk Road MoCha on 30 Mott Street, where the Fung Kong Bakery used to be? *It just opened three months ago, and I've been there twice. *They serve the best bubble tea I've ever tasted, plus there's a small Krispy Kreme, dioramas chronicling the history of Chinatown, an assortment of ethnic Chinese snack foods, and a sidewalk Internet café that charges about $2 for 30 minutes online. *Quite possibly one of the best new franchises to open in the area for a long time.

NoWhereToGo
July 31st, 2003, 07:22 PM
Look at wiredNewyork forum and found this by accident ....

That place (i believe is called silk road now) is completely garbage, overpriced bubble tea(taste like crap as well), some left over cheese cake, oh damn and down there omg slow computer, small cheap monitor, needless to say, it's DSL connection, omg, piece of crap. Don't even go there.

TLOZ Link5
July 31st, 2003, 09:42 PM
Well, that post is old, and I've since found a few better places.

NoWhereToGo
August 9th, 2003, 07:19 PM
Mine telling me where you hang out now ? cuz is boring in School.

TLOZ Link5
August 10th, 2003, 01:04 PM
Quote: from NoWhereToGo on 7:19 pm on Aug. 9, 2003
Mine telling me where you hang out now ? cuz is boring in School.

There's a better place at 51 Mott. *Part of some chain in Hong Kong that's expanding all over the city.

NoWhereToGo
August 31st, 2003, 04:22 PM
51 Mott? Is it another internet cafe?

Man, My shitty Pentium II 450 Crap ...... going crazy, need a place for me to frag ..... :)

TLOZ Link5
August 31st, 2003, 05:59 PM
Nah, not Internet. *But it's got good tea nonetheless. *But since now I'm at NYU, there's also St.'s Alp Teahouse on 9th Street and Third Avenue, which is only a few blocks away from my dorm, and is run by the same company. *They have locations all over the city.

NoWhereToGo
September 1st, 2003, 07:46 PM
St alp's moved to Elizabeth ST long time ago :O

Well I know which one you talking about at the 3 ave, I go to Yakitori Taisho sometimes :D

by the way, do you go to w2z ?

TLOZ Link5
September 1st, 2003, 10:30 PM
Can't say I do. *Any good?

NoWhereToGo
September 4th, 2003, 10:30 AM
You don't go w2z? Its around your area, If you can find village Voice, you should be able to find w2z

TheWorkers
November 14th, 2003, 02:08 PM
I had to quit working at Silk Road Mocha. I was fed up by the owner, Martin Choy, cause he makes you work unpaid overtime and still short changes your pay. He convinces you to work for a 15% commission system but then it comes out to like 20 bucks after 12 hours a day. My worst experience was when he asked me to buy all these Dell computers using my credit card as a favor, then backs out paying me. Choy's relations with the employees there was quite horrid. Don't shop at SRM, the owner cheats its workers.

w2z = Web2Zone. Its pretty good, fast computers and nice equipment. My favorite pearl tea place is still Ten Ren at Mott street.

TLOZ Link5
November 14th, 2003, 03:54 PM
TheWorkers, do you have carpal tunnel syndrome by any chance? I think I might have seen you once.

And like I said, haven't been to Silk Road in a while.

TheWorkers
November 14th, 2003, 04:42 PM
Yeah a little bit. You?

TLOZ Link5
November 14th, 2003, 09:44 PM
Recently, yes. It sucks :x