PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Brooklyn Municipal Garage

BrooklynRider
June 2nd, 2003, 03:44 PM
The garage across from Barnes & Noble has been closed. *Anyone know what we can expect next?

Gulcrapek
June 2nd, 2003, 03:47 PM
One of the garages around there will be a 12 story, twin towered residential building.

Clarknt67
July 7th, 2003, 09:46 PM
Yes, that garage of which you speak, will soon be the site of Two 12 story residential buildings. There will be retail on the ground level and there was talk of a YMCA (which I'd like as I live across the street, and would love to have a pool/and/or raquetball courts).

BTW, across State street, they've razed a 5 story tenement with the Japanese restaurant on the first floor for and 8 floor residential building.

Maybe my rent will go down with all the new units in the hood, huh? right....

billyblancoNYC
July 8th, 2003, 10:07 AM
There are tons of developments and even more plans for DT BK and the areas surrounding it. *There's even talk to convert many of the gas stations (especially on Atlantic Ave) to new development. *BK in 5 yrs will be even more amazing than it is today.

Hopefully all those storage fecilities downtown will be converted to offices and apartments. *There's no need to waste (in my opinion, I know it has a purpose, though) around this area. *Also, all the surface parking lots will probably be developed. *Pretty exciting stuff, really.