PDA

View Full Version : Will I be pushed out of my home? - Eminent Domain

StopEminentDomain
August 27th, 2003, 06:07 AM
I own a property in prospect Heights in Brooklyn. *I have heard recently that there are plans to build a new stadium at the atlantic/flatbush intersection. *I live on Dean street and 6th avenue, and I am worried that
the city might take my home because of its proximity. *Is there anyway to find out which areas have been marked for Eminent domain?

ZippyTheChimp
August 27th, 2003, 06:54 AM
The city agency responsible for land use and zoning changes is the Department of City Planning (http://www.nyc.gov/html/dcp/home.html). Proposals are posted on the website. There are telephone and email contacts listed.

billyblancoNYC
August 27th, 2003, 10:00 AM
This proposal is supposed to be built on a platform over a railyard. *Not 100%, but I think you'll be safe.

BrooklynRider
August 28th, 2003, 07:47 PM
I was checking out the area. *I am making an educated guess that the rumored stadium would be built on a platform over the railyard located south of the Atlantic Shooping Center. *I don't think emminent domain will come into play, I do think the triangle of buildings across Atlantic from the Atlantic Terminal (the block where the Fashion Cafe is located) will eventually find itself condemned. *I don't think any of the three or four tenements on that block are occupied - and haven't been for some time.