PDA

View Full Version : South Brooklyn construction - short

Gulcrapek
November 12th, 2002, 06:07 PM
1) Parachute Jump - crane is in place next to it and some kind of frame is protruding from its midsection

2) Comfort Inn Sheepshead Bay - topped out at three floors, luckily this will I think only have parking for eight cars

3) Condo on Ocean Parkway and somewhere between Neptune and BrBch Ave - topped out for a while at seven floors, facade (nice individual bricks, though I don't like some of the coloring) is almost up to the top and balconies need to be installed

4) Corner of Neptune and Coney Island Ave - 5 floor building is now leasing, facade turned out to be very postmodern but also interesting and very different for the area

If I can find info about a quartet of 7 floor condos going up somewhere down here or the supposedly beautiful 7 floor Yeshiva under construction I'll post it

(Edited by Gulcrapek at 12:21 pm on Nov. 16, 2002)

Derek2k3
November 13th, 2002, 10:14 PM
Could you repost all the other *buildings between 6 and 12 stories that are under construction or recently completed.

Gulcrapek
November 14th, 2002, 12:18 AM
I'm not sure of others..

Oceana 7 is 7 floors and almost finished, Oceana 1-4 are also 7 floors and finished, Oceana 5 and 6 are 12 floors each

Also not too long ago a pretty 13 floor assisted living center was finished in Coney Island

Not in south Brooklyn, but in Ft Greene and around there you might want to check out 4th Ave, at least 3 cranes there now, I remember one bldg will be 11 floors

ASchwarz
November 14th, 2002, 12:34 AM
I recently walked Myrtle Avenue from Pratt Institute to Broadway. *It's kind of rough, but very interesting. There is an incredible amount of construction going on. *I think it's all housing for Williamsburg's Satmar families, who are expanding to the south. There is one intersection with three corners simultaneously under construction. *Side streets also had tons of construction. *It is really unbelievable. *Some older industrial buildings are also being converted to lofts for the hipster/yuppie crowd. *I wish I had a camera.

Gulcrapek
November 14th, 2002, 07:05 PM
Yeah, but all the Williamsburg construction besides the Schaeffer Brewery thing which doesn't seem to be going anywhere is under 10 floors and mostly crappy architecture, just enough to say 'oh that's nice' and house huge Orthodox families

Gulcrapek
November 17th, 2002, 03:14 PM
11/17: Antenna/mast of Parachute Jump is now in the Keyspan Park parking lot..