Bk Italian 123
April 13th, 2003, 09:40 PM
nice pics.

billyblancoNYC
April 14th, 2003, 11:40 AM
Wish it was gold.

NyC MaNiAc
April 15th, 2003, 02:02 AM
One of the most graceful boxes I've ever seen. Good Pics. It makes quite a presence when seeing it in person. If you stand next to the U.N. you get some good views.

tugrul
April 15th, 2003, 02:41 AM
Quote: from NyC MaNiAc on 1:02 am on April 15, 2003
It makes quite a presence when seeing it in person.

I have to quibble with this point. The first time I specifically went to look at this building, it was late late evening, and it had taken me by a bit of surprise.

But when I visited the building at some later date during the day, it decisively did not have much of a "presence", even compensating for my increased readyness given the first encounter. It just seems to fade into the sky, and is in no way imposing.

http://photos.galatali.com/skyscrapers/tugrul/2002-06-11/TWT%20from%20SE.jpg;OP=IMAGE;ROTATE=0;WIDTH=640

Building? Sky? Where does one end and the other begin? :)

I need to visit this building on a cloudy day like that picture of 17 State Street in another thread.

TLOZ Link5
April 22nd, 2003, 12:40 PM
Quote: from billyblancoNYC on 10:40 am on April 14, 2003
Wish it was gold.

Trump buildings are glitzy, not tacky. *There's a big difference.

dbhstockton
April 22nd, 2003, 03:44 PM
I can't look at that building without hearing "Thus Spake Zarathustra" in my head.

NYatKNIGHT
April 22nd, 2003, 04:04 PM
:) That, or the 2001: A Space Odyssey music.

From downtown, its facing narrow side looks like a black smokestack.

Kris
January 25th, 2004, 05:54 AM
need pictures from ontop the Trump World Tower. The roof. got a feeling this wont get many responses, but even if any of you have seen pictures somewhere, please let me know. Its semi-important.

BigMac
January 26th, 2004, 12:36 AM
I watched a documentary on Donald Trump a couple of weeks ago, and it was mentioned that the Trump World Tower has virtually the same dimensions as the monolith from 2001.

BPC
January 26th, 2004, 01:42 AM
Can someone post a shot of the Trump Building from across First Avenue? I would like to use it as evidence of the blight of tunnel ramps. Thanks.

TLOZ Link5
January 26th, 2004, 01:49 PM
I watched a documentary on Donald Trump a couple of weeks ago, and it was mentioned that the Trump World Tower has virtually the same dimensions as the monolith from 2001.

Plus it was finished in 2001 :D

Moe14
January 26th, 2004, 02:20 PM
The best way to get access to any building is contact the building engineer. Maybe he or she will buy your story.

Since the Trump World Tower is residential (and very fancy residential at that) it'll (rightfully) be much harder to convince anyone to let you on the roof.

In the documentary "Born Rich" they interview Ivanka Trump from the roof of a Manhattan skyscraper, which I assume would be one of Donald's developments. It might be the Trump World Tower, I don't really remember what the skyline looked like so I don't know. If it is, maybe you could get some stills from that.

NoyokA
February 1st, 2004, 07:54 PM
Trump World Tower, 845 UN Plaza:

http://ee.1asphost.com/guide499/TWT.html

Bob
February 23rd, 2006, 09:20 PM
TWT, or the Millenium Hilton hotel: which Monolith is right for you?

TLOZ Link5
February 23rd, 2006, 10:39 PM
TWT, or the Millenium Hilton hotel: which Monolith is right for you?

They're both excellent. Imagine putting them in the same general vicinity as each other; the juxtaposition would be perfect. In fact, in its review of the building the City Review had proposed that TWT would have looked better in the plaza of the WTC, so that it could play against the Millenium Hilton.

macreator
February 23rd, 2006, 10:45 PM
Can someone post a shot of the Trump Building from across First Avenue? I would like to use it as evidence of the blight of tunnel ramps. Thanks.

Great topic by the way.