PDA

View Full Version : OHNY Scavenger Hunt

RoldanTTLB
March 7th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Hi All! I don't know if any of you are participating in the rescheduled Open House New York Architectural Scavenger Hunt this Saturday, but I just lost a pair of teammates, and would love to re-up on my team. Please PM me if you are interested. I'll use this thread to post pics/info about the hunt on Sunday after it has happened. Good luck to anyone else who is already participating on another team (or alone)!

Thank you feedback! Here's the link to the event page: http://blog.ohny.org/modern-architecture-design-scavenger-hunt/ It has been rescheduled due to the snowstorm that happened. It is still sold out, though, but as I mention above, I have 2 extra tickets.

infoshare
March 7th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Hi All! I don't know if any of you are participating in the rescheduled OHNY Architectural Scavenger Hunt this Saturday, but I just lost a pair of teammates, and would love to re-up on my team. Please PM me if you are interested.

I am working this weekend, otherwise I would join you; even though I do not know what OHNY is - anything 'architectural' and I am all in. LOL Also, if you get a chance please post some links about what this event actually is; sounds like fun so far, but would be glad to know more.

EDit: just realized that is OPEN House NY (palm slap to forehead) so great - still post links. Also, I did not know there was a 'scavenger hunt' component to that event. I once worked on a room for OHNY many years ago: I worked for the firm named Robert Metzger Interiors at the time - there was a large Baux Arts townhouse on Park Ave for the event that year.

Looking forward to seeing your postings about the event.........

RoldanTTLB
March 31st, 2013, 10:45 PM
Wow. Sorry about the delay on this. So the event was a TON of fun. We busted hump all over the city to take photos of ourselves with the clues. Here's a flickr set of everything we took. http://www.flickr.com/photos/7799907@N05/sets/72157633137168514/ We had a blast, and it was well worth it. Unfortunately, we did not win. We're not confident about why, since by our count, we had as many points as any of the teams that did win. Even so, there's always next year, and we look forward to participating again. I'm happy to answer any questions anyone might have. Please come join us next year!

infoshare
April 1st, 2013, 09:46 AM
That was a very enjoyable photo set to view: thanks. One question; how did you get to that small island in the east river - the one with the memorial. Is their a ferry service?

RoldanTTLB
April 1st, 2013, 10:19 AM
Roosevelt Island? Well, we drove for the whole hunt, but the F goes there. You can also take the tram (for great views) from 60th and 3rd ave, or you can walk/drive there across the bridge from Queens. More than 15,000 people live on Roosevelt Island now. Next up is that new college campus, yes? I suppose Related might get around to building out the last 3 towers over there one of these days as well. It's hard to believe that for as hot is the market is right now, they haven't been restarted yet.

infoshare
April 1st, 2013, 03:44 PM
I though you were on one of those (other) smaller islands in the middle od the east river: did not realize you were on Roosevelt Isle, my mistake.

Thanks anyway for the direction to RI; but there I know how to travel.

The name of the Island I though you were on is called 'Big Brother Island' and it is right next to 'little Brother Island' - not kidding.

Great skavaging you (and your team) did there: your story & photos was a great way to start the day.

RoldanTTLB
April 2nd, 2013, 08:26 AM
Oops! Sorry for the mixup! I'd love to get onto one of the small islands below RI. That said, from all the birds I see down there, they probably have sanitary issues...